• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's offseason..> Revision #5.

Diesel

• Premium Member

1st.

Hawks draft for Indy. Whatever Indy wants.

Then:

Al (SNT) + 1st round pick to Indy for JO.

This is a straight foward move. Bird is going to move JO this summer (80% possibility). Why not to Atlanta for Al (a Player that Walsh Loves) and probably Morrison (a franchise SG).

2ndly:

Hawks sign Jackie Butler to a Contract!

3rd:

Hawks trade Marvin Williams to LAC for Shaun Livingston.

With Maggette being a constant injury loss, having Williams to play beside Brand might make the difference for them...

BK would be in heaven..

Livingston = 6'7".

JJ = 6'8

JS = 6'9

JO = 6'11

Zaza = 6'10

I would really like our chances to win a championship within the next 2 years.

Come on man, Marvin for Livingston? I don't know what's worse, your devaluation of Marvin or your overhyping of Livingston. I mean he's a nice prospect at the point but trading him straight up for Marvin would be the second time we give a handout to the Clips; both times involving a SF.

Iam all for that right now Jermaine Oneal would do wonders for this team. Him and SMoove would most likely be the best blocking duo in the league. Nice Frontcourt of Smith, Oneal and Zaza. Also I would deal Marvin for Livingston in a heartbeat they were both in the same high school class same age. Livingston is gonna be one of the great passes in the game hes a true PG something we need. Its giving up a playef for a big need. That Lineup seems like top 4 in the east and all very young. Livingston, JJ , Smoove, Jermaine and Zaza.

• Premium Member

Marvin has done nothing worthy of all this praise you give him.

The same thing you say about Marvin can be said about Livingston.

The difference is... Have you seen Livingston play??

He has great court vision and awareness. Playing next to JJ would make a wicked backcourt. Hard to guard...

• Premium Member

You know that if we got a PF as true as JO that Marvin would be a BU because JSmoove would be able to play his natural position of Sf.

Now.. the only choice is to believe that Marvin is worthy of all the hype and trade Jsmoove for Livingston...

Or Believe that JSmoove can be a top Sf and trade Marvin for Livingston...

• Premium Member

The depth is pretty good too... You don't see it?

There's Lue, Salim, Chillz, Esteban, Jackie Butler, Edwards, and whoever we get in the 2nd round.. my pick would be Craig Smith!

I didn't mention it, but I would also try to sign Anthony Grundy!

Just because we remove the duplication... doesn't mean that there's not depth.

Quote:

Come on man, Marvin for Livingston? I don't know what's worse, your devaluation of Marvin or your overhyping of Livingston. I mean he's a nice prospect at the point but trading him straight up for Marvin would be the second time we give a handout to the Clips; both times involving a SF.

Actually I think that's a very fair trade. Both guys haven't proven much on the pro level, and both guys have almost limitless potential. I love Marvin, but I would not be upset if a Marvin for Livingston trade were to happen

Quote:

Marvin has done nothing worthy of all this praise you give him.

The same thing you say about Marvin can be said about Livingston.

The difference is... Have you seen Livingston play??

He has great court vision and awareness. Playing next to JJ would make a wicked backcourt. Hard to guard...

I've seen Livingston play more than I've seen Marvin, but my basis for being against that trade is that I'd rather have a veteran point running the show.

Quote:

Actually I think that's a very fair trade. Both guys haven't proven much on the pro level, and both guys have almost limitless potential. I love Marvin, but I would not be upset if a Marvin for Livingston trade were to happen

Throw in a pick in '07 and I'm down. I hate to see us fill the PG slot with something other than a proven general. I love Livingston, but like you said, he's got limitless potential... This far along into the rebuilding process, that's a dirty word to me.

Quote:

I love Livingston, but like you said, he's got limitless potential... This far along into the rebuilding process, that's a dirty word to me.

That's fine and all, but the same could be said for Marvin is all I'm saying. So either way you're trading potential for potential. You could still choose to get a vet in here for a year or two. Personally I think Livingston is ready to break out next year

Wow, this is a good set of moves.

JO would help a lot.

Livingston uses "capital" as Walt puts it, in the proper way. I still think the MW selection was done to get BPA with the idea that at one point one of the forwards would be moved for "the right piece". This trade accomplishes that.

In all these moves big D are some of the best you've posted. Good thinking.

• Premium Member

I don't think Childress will get the trade done.

I think we have lowered chillz value by making him a 6th man. ..Jsmoove has more value and Marvin still has enough Hype to get a trade for Livingston done.

• Premium Member

That's my only concern too... is Livingston's durability.

However, he's only 19 or is he 18... As I watched him some last year and some this year he has definitely grown and put on some weight. I think next year, he could definitely be major.