• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knick News...

Diesel

• Premium Member

The word is that Minny will save Isiah and Larry Brown's relationship.

The first news is that LB is sick and tired of Marbury and word is that Herb Brown said that Marbury was undermining the team.

That's no surprise.

The second news item is that Minny will trade for Marbury.

Supposedly the deal was supposed to go down at the deadline but Isiah had cold feet??????

Anyway..

Marbury to Minny for Jaric, Hudson, and Griff..

I haven't done the trade checker... but I think this will work from the simple point that Marbury has got to go.

Can you imagine KG and SM back together again??? Where's Googs?

The second news is that it shouldn't surprise anybody to see PTL try to dump Miles off on NY. LB might get Theo out of that deal.

Theo/Miles for Crawford/MRose/JJames should work?

• Premium Member

Actually, Nobody has said it, but Kevin McHale has been far worst at being a GM than Isiah. He has put together a team filled with Bad contracts for mediocre guys. This trade would be The pot and the kettle meeting.

Jaric, Hudson both have bad contracts. The redeeming part of this deal is getting rid of Steph and I guess getting Griff.

McHale gets rid of Bad Contracts too.. but he gets another headcase...

Imagine:

Steph, Ricky Davis, KG...

Is it enough balls in Minnesota??

Quote:

one of my favorite commercials of all time. seriously. top-five.

are you saying that we 'have' learned these things or that we haven't?

Definitely in the top 5 also:

John Anderson talking smack to Evander and Evander then searching for Charlie Steiner for his whoopin'.

I'm saying that we have learned the things I mentioned. Something I just thought of - it's almost as if the stigma that surrounds guys like Marbury and Francis is as bad, if not worse, than the truth. These guys are made out to be complete cancers and I wonder what causes it more, the players themselves being as such or the notion that they are those types of players.

that...or the fact that they refer to themselves by such monikers as Starbury or Franchise. The biggest 'problem' with guys of this nature is that, for most, from the earliest days they've needed the ball in their hands, they created for teammates who were generally much lesser than they, thus their 'distributing' was deemed better as they could score even mroe easily than what they see...most never learned to truly share the ball or see plays come before they are truly developed...

and personally, I find it no small coincidence that both played only one year of college ball. IMO, perhaps more than any other position, college ball is beneficial to MOST pg's, especially those of the scoring variety.

• Premium Member

My favorite ESPN commercial has to be the one where Stuart Scott and a couple of other anchors are playing basketball with a bunch of kids. They proceed to block the kid's shots, hurt them, and talk smack. It is hilarious!!!

If this trade goes down Marcus Banks would be a FA for us to check out. He came on the end of the year. he prob. wouldn't want to play behind starbury.

And if the Knicks got Griffin they wouldn't need Butler. These guys would be 'cheap' FA's to pick up that would meet our needs.

i expect the knicks to trade steph. i think crawford, francis, robinson, frye, butler and malik rose will be kept. everyone else will be available. no way they trade crawford after the way he finished the season. crawford, francis, robinson not a bad start to a backcourt rotation.