• Raised $390 of $700 target

United 93

Diesel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

What do you say caused the plane to crash...

Before you get started with your own theories let's use what the administration has said.

Quote:

n the weeks and months after the attacks, there were reports that officials believed passengers had overtaken the plane, forcing it to crash in the field in Pennsylvania. However, last year, officials began backing away from that theory.

Thursday's report gives no indication that passengers ever broke through the cockpit door, but it makes clear that passengers' actions thwarted the plans of the terrorists.

Do you believe that the hijackers all the sudden said: "The hell with Allah." and crashed the plane.

or maybe after manuevering the plane from it's intended course to a course straight for the whitehouse, the hijackers all the sudden forgot how to fly the plane?

I mean, what scenerio do you feel like believing?

Quote:

I thought TWA 800 was brought down by a Shoulder missle?

Some think so - but I believe most feel that they would have been out of range of a shoulder fire "stinger" type missile:

"At approximately 11 minutes into the flight, the 747 was flying at an altitude of 13,700 MSL, or 13,700 feet above sea level."

Plus it was a 747 - very big plane - and as was mentioned before on this thread, there have been instances where even helicopters survive shoulder fired missile hits.

Many think that it was a military surface to air missile that packs a much bigger punch.

Quote:

I thought TWA 800 was brought down by a Shoulder missle?

Then again - you may be right. More info has come out since the last time I googled TWA 800. This seems to back you up:

"CDR. William S. Donaldson, USN (ret.), challenged the official NTSB position on the cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 in a series of letters to James Hall, Chairman of the NTSB between April 1997 and December 2000. During those four years, CDR. Donaldson worked with other Retired Aviation Professionals, including some previous crash investigators as well as persons inside the NTSB investigation itself. CDR. Donaldson has extensive experience as a Naval crash investigator and he and others concluded that the NTSB's explanation of the Center Wing Tank explosion was not credible. With the help of these other concerned aviation professionals, CDR. Donaldson produced an extensive report on the cause of the crash. The initial Interim Report was delivered to the House Aviation Subcommittee on July 16th, 1998. Since that time a great deal of new information has surfaced.

Information uncovered in early 1999 now shows that TWA Flight 800 could have been shot down by one or more shoulder-fired missiles. The FBI was briefed by military missile experts in the Fall of 1996 that Flight 800 was well within the range of a shoulder fired missile. The FBI conducted a covert dredging operation for stinger missile parts between November 1996 and April 1997. CDR. Donaldson brought this new evidence to the House Aviation Subcommittee in testimony on May 6, 1999. Unfortunately, the major media and the Congress are content to swallow the official line without question."