• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let Cooler Heads Prevail.

Diesel

• Premium Member

http://www.nba.com/games/20020202/LACATL/boxscore.html

It's good that you put up that first game as if it holds special meaning. Let me relay the meaning of the first game.

SAR's 4th or 5th game as a Hawk...

New PG for the team (email).

Yeah, Reef didn't do so well.

However, with JT as PG, later in the season, SAR scored more than his average..

27 points. on 9-17 shooting.

Good try ARR!! wink.gif

I agree we haven't used him properly,but I'd like

to see him call for the ball and demand it in the

post.Show some fire.I'm sure he thinks of himself

as a leader so he should call for the ball.Alittle

bit of a mean streak wouldn't hurt.He had to have

the crap beat out of him by defenders before he

gets mad.

• Premium Member

You didn't look at the circumstances of the first game.

New Team, New PG (who is no star), etc. etc.

SAR had to find his way... But when he did, he turned in a dominant effort vs. Brand.

About defense... IN neither case, did Brand score his average against SAR... However, SAR blew his average away with time to meld (against Brand).

Don't make excuses.He totally sucked that game.he

did have a really good game the second time.

"However, SAR blew his average away with time to meld (against Brand)."

You said Reef couldn't be stoped.That is what you

said.Well he was stoped in that game.

Maybe Brand is slighty overrated.However everyone

else is not.All you mention is O'Neal isn't as good as

Reef in the post.But he does basically every better.

You talk about O'neal not being as good of a scorer,

he averaged 1 basket less on a team with more options.

Often times last year Reef was forced the ball and

that results in a few more points.The fact that O'Neal

can play PF/C close to the same rules.We sure as

[censored] could use a guy that can be a allstar at PF or

center.O'neal is more athletic,better shot blocker,

defender,rebound,better short jumper and his post

up game is in development.

I'm not changing my mind til Reef leads us somewhere.

Simple as that.he is a good player,but has yet to

show he can play like a star when he is really needed.

Reef is one of the best things to happen to the Atlanta Hawks. The trade that brought Reef to Atlanta made me feel that our team actually has a chance in the playoffs.

When we get to the playoffs you will see the value of Reef...his post game saves our half court offense.

I also watched the Reef in person play Golden State and Sacramento last year. He destroyed Antwan Jamison and every other post player GS put on him. As for his matchup with Webber...Cwebb had better stats but the help defense of Sac is the only thing that slowed Reef. I can't wait till our new and improved team plays Sac...and yes I'm going to the game this Sunday.

Hotlanta you are like a spoiled brat...you just don't know how good you have it...Reef is an excellent Power Forward...

First off, no team has ever gone undefeated. They lost a game they probably should have won, but they will learn from this game. It is not their fault that Penny Hardaway decided to wake up after 2 years of lousy basketball. They do need to work on the turnovers, but again, JT will learn as the season goes on. As for the top PFs, SAR is in the top 8, but he would be even higer if he would develop a nasty streak. He needs to get the attitude of, I will run over you and there is nothing you can do to stop me. Basically, he needs to play angry.

My concern is that we have a EXTREMELY SOFT

ball club.We blew leads in every game but Phx

was the only team good enough to take advange.

We need to get tougher and that needs to start

with Shareef and JT.

My point was they ONEAL is a year younger but everyone talks of his potential. Why not mention SAR's potintial. He has done more so far why cant he continue to do more. And yes he has done well. He played for vancuvor for GOD sake. ONEAL?How good where the PACERS last year?

• Admin

you need to make up your mind. Just a year or so ago JT was nothing but a scorer, He coudln't defend, couldn't pass and had no heart. This year he's the only player we have with heart. A year or so ago Shareef was your lover, as evidence by your name at the time (Abdur-Rahim Rules). But now he's a pansy who even though is a near 20/10 player, isn't really very good. You wanted to have big dogs child for the first four games then he has a few bad games and you start calling him names. One game you'll say we need winners, though you can't describe exactly what a winner is. The next game you'll say we need toughness and the next you'll see we need people who can handle the ball. Somewhere down the line i'm sure you'll say we need guys who can shoot the three or block shots also.

You are the worst fan, as has been the case for years now. Scratch that, you aren't a fan at all. A fan may hate it when his team loses. But a real fan doesn't punk out on his team because they lose a few games, then jump back on the bandwagon when they win, as you've done for years. So make up your mind. Are you a fan or aren't you? Can you intelligently discuss the losses or can you do nothing but make weak, negative comments towards whatever player had the last bad game? C'mon man, make up your mind!

Lose a few games?Try for 4 years.And that isn't

coming to a end anytime soon.

As far as Big Dog goes..I thought a change

might help him out,but it looks as if he has

returned to the same old Big Dog.The guy

that can do alot of things when his shot is

going but will do nothing if his shot isn't

falling.

"One game you'll say we need winners, though you can't describe exactly what a winner is. The next game you'll say we need toughness and the next you'll see we need people who can handle the ball. Somewhere down the line i'm sure you'll say we need guys who can shoot the three or block shots also."

Yeah we need alot more things than it appears on

paper.All we are right now is a paper team.

A winner is somebody that will step up when needed,

have a burning desire to win.We saw Reef's example

again in the 4th missing easy shots.

When Reef came here I thought he was better than

he actually is and that was dumb on my part.I had

saw him a handful of times and he had done pretty

well and of course I read the stat sheet.

However,after game one I have been unwilling to

give the team the benefit of the doubt and it will

take alot to get it back.But I don't think Reef and

Big Dog have what it takes.

So far they have been all talk and little action.Some

of it is easy to sniff out....Like Big Dog talking about

him being a leader...C'mon!Surely nobody would really

believe he is a leader!

I'd say nearly everybody had a bad game last night.I

got to give the Jazz credit because I haven't seen

them play a game that crisp since 1997 and the team

was totally unprepared for that game.

Hotlantadude is right, Reef is soft and it is starting to show. However, he still gets his numbers night in and out. I think if he worked on a few new moves and hold on to the ball a little better he would be fine.

He also needs to stop crying to the refs so much. He is not seeing the doubles and triples like last year and he is still losing the ball and not running down the court. I am not empressed with the effort that he is showing on the court and I don't see how any of you that see the games are. I am willing to accept the injury excuse for a little while longer but it has been a year since he fell on his a** and never got back up.