Unbiased Poll: Walter's threads and posts

Lascar78

What do you think of Walter's continual posts and threads about Marvin and Smith being doomed for failure?

a)These posts are extremely redundant and boring. If I read the first 500 posts and didn't agree, I'm not going to agree the next 500 times. He doesn't listen to anyone else and instead just posts the same thing over and over and over in any thread he goes in, regardless of whether it's relevant or not. He also promises to pay money to charity then refuses.

b)These posts annoy me because they just bash Marvin when it's far too early to tell what position our young guns will grow into, if either or both will play the PF, or which player will be better. It also makes sense to wait and know what we have and how the pieces fit before forcing a trade if one has to come. Especially when a potential trade does not change the fact that we go into free agency and the draft looking for defensive bigs and a PG

L

Just because everyone doesn't agree with everything that

Walter posts doesn't mean he hasn't put a lot of thought

into what he writes.

He is one of the old posters who has been a Hawks fan for

a long time.

Hawks desperately needs some beef on the defensive side

of their game. Too many times we see our beloved Hawks

get run over by bigger, stronger players.

While I don't agree with the desperate need to trade away

M.W. that Walter has, I agree it is time for us to make

the move to improve our inside game.

Al Harrington may or may not be gone. We just don't know

how that will work out. Hawks may re-sign him. They may

do a sign and trade. We could loose him for nothing.

We need a point guard. But, we're not desperate in this

facet of our game. However, we do need a BIG man to

play the PF/C position. Whether he comes from the draft,

free agency or a sign and trade with A.H. our need is

known to everyone.

We can disagree with Walter without being disagreeable.

I don't always agree but I listen to his ideas and

respect his opinions.

laugh.gif

Quote:

Just because everyone doesn't agree with everything that Walter posts doesn't mean he hasn't put a lot of thought into what he writes.

I agree, but he doesn't seem to listen to anyone else.

Quote:

Hawks desperately needs some beef on the defensive side of their game. Too many times we see our beloved Hawks

get run over by bigger, stronger players.

While I don't agree with the desperate need to trade away

M.W. that Walter has, I agree it is time for us to make

the move to improve our inside game.

I'm pretty sure 100% of the board is in agreement on that

Quote:

We can disagree with Walter without being disagreeable. I don't always agree but I listen to his ideas and respect his opinions.

Probably true. I disagree with him but respect his opinion. I'm sure he's a great fan and all that too. What I don't respect is the way in which he posts nothing but that single opinion, when we've already had the argument, we all heard it loud and clear and the vast majority of us strongly disagree. Like this poll , which I was obviouisly mocking here, in which he offers two options: his point of view, and his point of view. If that doesn't typify someone not willing to listen and only willing to hear his own opinion, I don't know what does. And it's twice as frustrating when the idea being posted over and over and over is one whose underlying point is that our youngest player, who holds the key to our future, sucks and should be traded.

His posts about Marvin and Smith are redundant but if you really want him to stop posting about it then just stop arguing with him. If we are all so tired of it then we are all must be idiots because the post he started TODAY has over 200 views and over 50 replies.

The strangest thing about all these posts is the newfound coalition of former arch enemies Walter and Diesel..Do you guys remember the nasty battles those 2 have engaged in?

Whats next? Red Sox fans rooting for the Yankees? Bill Clinton joining the christian coalition?..The Russians celebrating the 4th of July?..My world is upside down..

I cant believe I just read that last Walter thread. It's probably true that we will have a tough time being a dominant team with all our swing players but it's not like we are done rebuilding. AND, most importantly, it's not like our young players are done developing their games or their bodies. I'm hoping ZaZa goes into a hardcore weight lifting program over the next few years, lotsa muscle is all he needs to be a much more effective player. Marvin and JSmoove are both so young that I expect to see significant changes in their bodies and as these changes occur that may change where they are most effective on the court.

I think I most want to see us draft Bargnani, then Aldridge, but due to likely draft position I see us likely to get Tyrus Thomas. That team would definitely drive Walter crazy. I think it would be exciting to watch those guys grow and see who would develop into the most effective PF between Thomas, Marvin, and JSmoove.

Quote:

I cant believe I just read that last Walter thread. It's probably true that we will have a tough time being a dominant team with all our swing players but it's not like we are done rebuilding...

Actually Iman, as much as I hate to admit it, if your are going to rebuild a team from the ground up (and you have ownership's promise not to fire you to early)...getting quality defensive minded bigs last may be the smart way to go. That way you pretty much guarrantee yourslef a decent spot in the lottery until it's time to make the big jump into playoff contention. Question is - are the Hawks targeting this offseason for the time to make their play - or next?

I would think it has to be this one since it would be a serious gamble to go for the 1-2-3 pick next year.

I don't think Walter should be singled out so much, but it's very evident that this board is one of the fussiest places on the web.

It's really hard to come by and read all the threads daily like I used to without feeling awful.

Maybe we need to all join together and sing "Higher and Higher" like in Ghostbusters II to combat all the negative energy.

Shalom!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't think Walter should be singled out so much, but it's very evident that this board is one of the fussiest places on the web.

It's really hard to come by and read all the threads daily like I used to without feeling awful.

Maybe we need to all join together and sing "Higher and Higher" like in Ghostbusters II to combat all the negative energy.

Shalom!

Shalom!

Quote:

Agreed. If we had a gigantic Hawksquawk beer bash, things would be less hostile.

Or another Hawksquawk night out at Philips.. Are you out there, owners?