• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mullin and BK on 680 right now

frosgrim

From the article that everyone has sand in their vaginas about:

"“I hear people on sports shows,” he says, “and I think that person has as much business talking about basketball as I do running the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.”"

Does he mean fans calling in, or does he mean pundits?

Frankly, his utter disdain for the media is justified (and to me, hilarious.) I don't think he has that same disdain for the fans. From what I've heard about the closed door meetings, that seems true.

Do you all read what the media says about the Hawks? The national media gets basic facts wrong, and goes out of their way to insult the fans and the city. Why would we ever have anything but utter contempt for Ford and his ilk?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with this dz. we get totally ignored by virtually every media outlet, and when there is a mention of the hawks, we are dismissed with a worn out cliche.

the one exception is sekou, who i nominate for a pulitzer. bk can continue to blast the media, and the pundits, who deserve it. he might oughta make it clear he does appreciate the diehard fan base though, whether or not they spring for the season tix.

That's the thing though - BK doesn't delineate whether he is talking about the fans or the media in his comments about their ineptness. He needs to specifically state "the media can't do my job." We as fans can appreciate that. However, when you tell me that I couldn't sit in his chair and listen to scouts and put together an NBA team, I scoff at that.

• Moderators

Quote:

However, when you tell me that I couldn't sit in his chair and listen to scouts and put together an NBA team, I scoff at that.

That's seriously crazy. Any of us could put together a fantasy team, but there's a little bit more to it than just picking some players and unless you've been around it and doing it most of your career then you are totally unqualified.

I agree, I get sick of this "BK is smarter than everyone" crap..I am sure he knows his business, but I also agree that putting together a basketball team is not brain surgery..

3 years ago in the draft, BK took Diaw, I wanted Josh Howard..I'll call this one a wash..

2 years ago BK took Chillz and Smoove, I would have taken Deng and Smoove..He took Donta and Ivy in the 2nd round, I was screaming for Duhon..Once again..wash

Last year, BK took Marvin, I wanted Paul..I win this one so far..

Does this mean I know more about basketball talent than BK? NO... Does it mean a knowledgable fans best guess is almost as good as a self proclaimed basketball experts best guess, yes.

where is the magical quote where he dissed the fans....when i hear him talk about not having to respond to this and respond to that, i think he's more along the lines of talking about sports writers and sport reporters..

i think most of the stuff you guys think is directed towards fans is actually directed toward the media.

It's interesting that BK on the radio conveys the same message that is conveyed in the picture on ABHs respone. Very closed, defended, almost paranoid. If I had millions invested and had him as a talking head . . . . well it wouldn't happen. It would be an improvement if he was at LEAST NEUTRAL.

• Moderators

Quote:

From the article that everyone has sand in their vaginas about:

"“I hear people on sports shows,” he says, “and I think that person has as much business talking about basketball as I do running the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.”"

Does he mean fans calling in, or does he mean pundits?

I read that to mean fans since you don't general refer to broadcasters or hosts of shows as just "people" but I could very well be wrong on that. Knight's statement was ambiguous.

I still think, however, that you catch more flies with honey and that Knight would be better off being friendlier to fans and the local media.

Sorry, I have heard him on the radio saying " the fans just need to relax" with my own ears..That was his answer to a question on what he would tell the fans about the progress of the team..Maybe he didn't mean for it to sound condesending but thats exactly how it came across..

What's amazing is that some of you believe the team should have a better record despite the circumstances that were surrounding the team when Billy took over. Billy completely turned over the roster within two years time, and some of you believe he should have made the playoffs right now. If Billy came out and called you a bunch of morons, he's within his right if you believe the Hawks should have already turned this thing around.

Who cares what BK's personality is like? I mean come on most of you act like you are trying to date him. Face of the franchise? Please. The face of the franchise is the owners/players.

BK is doing his job. Building a team and keeping the information secret. Giving away any information only reduces your competitive advantage. It sucks for fans craving for information but is imperative to successfully run a organization in need of improvement.

I'm a life long Patriots fan and if you think BK is terrible try Bill Belicheck. That guy doesn't release any information, comes off cold, uncaring, and even forbids his players from releasing info to the media including lying about injuries. Boston has a rabid fanbase and somehow the fans don't need BB to be this outgoing, fan friendly "face of the franchise".

You should judge these GM's on their work not their personality. BK has one to two year's to prove he's a good GM. If we don't make the playoffs then you won't have to worry about his personality.

Do you want another Babcock? I mean he communicated with the fans but who freaking cares when our teams stunk.

The Patriots are perennial contenders and their drafts and Free Agent signees have a semblance of sanity. Large difference between the direction of that team and the seeming NON-direction of the Hawks.

If BK's decisions made sense to me I would have much less of a problem with his attitude.

Quote:

Sorry, I have heard him on the radio saying " the fans just need to relax" with my own ears..That was his answer to a question on what he would tell the fans about the progress of the team..Maybe he didn't mean for it to sound condesending but thats exactly how it came across..

Well, read this board for a few hours and tell me that we DON'T need to relax smile.gif

You're right that he's tone-deaf.