• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sidney Lowe steps down

This is very strange. Hubie hasn't coached for 15 years and on a dime takes the Vancouver job??

WIERD!!!!!!!

There had to have been some discussions previously. I think Lowe's fate has been sealed for some time. West was just waiting for such a pitiful start to make the move.

I always have liked Hubie and wish him the best. I think that the Grizzlies have too much talent to be losing like they do. Hubie will at least get them playing better defense I think.

I'm with you, Jay. Brown is the last announcer I would expect to return to coaching. I'm not saying these guys are better, but I would have expected John Thompson or Fratello before Hubie Brown. I thought West was waiting for a chance to bring Dunleavy in to coach.

• Premium Member

Brown is a good teacher of the game. Memphis has a rather young team. West is simply developing his players. I mean you have monsters like:

Swift, Gooden.

Then you have Gasol, Battier, Dickerson, Williams, and Lo.

West is going to get these guys trained for real basketball (like he did with Reggie Miller some time ago) and then he will get someone else (probably Rambis) to come in and Coach next yr.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have a draft pick unless they just can't win anything. So I expect a big trade. Maybe Swift and Battier for either a C or a PG.

I would consider Lo/Battier for Theo?

• Premium Member

How much longer does Larry Brown have in Philly?

I think West is going to go with a championship coach eventual (Not Jackson). However, the training will be done by Hubie. The other thing is that nobody really knows how long Hubie will be there... It depends on Circumstance. I'm sure if Brown became available next yr, West would consider him or Riley or any other guys that he knows can make those guys winners. They just need training right now...

So it could be 2 yrs... But the 10 million was probably Hubie's Asking price. Somebody had to make it worth his while.