• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CNNSI Mock Predicts Hawks Draft Gay

AHF

Yeah...the mocks I've seen don't show much analysis other than some "expert" list what they think is the 10 best and then applying the positions of the drafting teams. I guess there might be some more interesting ones as time gets closer to the real draft.

I still believe what Hawks management has said - that the main priority will be improving with bigs.

Agreed. There is pretty much only one guy who would make me furious if we took him and that would be gay. The only other guy would be Morisson, although I really like the guy, but another SF without a trade is insanity.

I really have little fear of this happening though.

Quote:

Agreed. There is pretty much only one guy who would make me furious if we took him and that would be gay. The only other guy would be Morisson, although I really like the guy, but another SF without a trade is insanity.

I really have little fear of this happening though.

Do you realize how much you just jinxed the Hawks into picking one of those two players? Sheesh! Learn how the game is played, man!

I think the quote:

"...Gay will fit right in with Knight's burgeoning collection of multifaceted swingmen."

might be a tell that this is a bit of a needle at BK. I also saw something earlier where the writer of the article took a little bit of a shot at him. Maybe their finally tired of his arrogance and figure he'll never give em anything info-wise anyway, so why not take some shots?

Quote:

There is pretty much only one guy who would make me furious if we took him and that would be gay.

I second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth that emotion, on and on into infinity. I'd be ripshit pissed if we were to draft Gay, maybe even to the point where I'd have to decide to take a break from the Atlanta Hawks for awhile, until BK gets tossed out of here on his arse.

Quote:

Unfortunately, I think Shelden's stock will be top 7 before the draft.

That remains to be seen. I'm certainly not a big fan of his game, because IMO there are a ton of questions on how that game will translate to the next level. I suspect it will not translate all that well, but that's just my opinion and I've certainly been wrong before and will undoubtedly be wrong many more times before my time on earth is through.

But a trade down where we could get something like Shelden and maybe Mardy Collins, now that might be something worth thinking about. All things considered though, I think I'd just as soon stay at 5, especially if one of the bigs and/or Roy is still on the board at that point.

Quote:

Their two picks would allow us to pick up a big man and likely Rondo.

Which big man?

Shelden Williams might/could last till pick 12, but what other big man beyond him would be worth picking at that spot? I'm assuming O'Bryant is certainly gonna be off the board at that point, so who else is there?