• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The other BK

exodus

had this to say;

Quote:

The Sixers own the 13th selection in the first round, although Billy King, the team's president and general manager, acknowledged yesterday that he would like to obtain an additional pick above where he now stands if he could find a willing trading partner.

King has watched teams in the NBA playoffs go with smaller lineups through the postseason, and that could influence his selection in the June 28 draft.

"Really, deep down, I'd like to get two more 6-6 or 6-8 athletes," he said. "Just in watching the playoffs, you watch Dwyane Wade, you watch LeBron James, you watch Shawn Marion, you need more athletic 6-6, 6-8 guys. Now in the league, a lot more teams are going small, playing a 6-8 small forward at the power forward position."

Quote:

had this to say;

Quote:

you need more athletic 6-6, 6-8 guys. Now in the league, a lot more teams are going small, playing a 6-8 small forward at the power forward position."

Looks like that BK has finally realized what this BK had realized long ago. Now both BKs think alike.

Quote:

Sounds like he'd be interested in a Harrington for Dalembert swap to me.

dalembert has an ugly contract but he's a true C. his offensive game needs work but we could definitely use his blocks and boards. he needs to kick that habit of goaltending every shot that goes up in the paint.

Quote:

Quote:

had this to say;

Quote:

you need more athletic 6-6, 6-8 guys. Now in the league, a lot more teams are going small, playing a 6-8 small forward at the power forward position."

Looks like that BK has finally realized what this BK had realized long ago. Now both BKs think alike.

Neither of the BK's could GM themselves out of a wet paper bag.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

had this to say;

Quote:

Neither of the BK's could GM themselves out of a wet paper bag.

the right trade here for the Hawks would be to offer Al and #5 for Iverson and Dalembert.

i know that's not much in return for the Sixers but hell they are going to have to swallow a bitter pill for someone to take Dalembert's contract.

that being said if it isn't working our with AI here with Joe (come on guys we won 26 games last year don't act like there's something to even screw up right now) AI will have supreme value in a trade 2 years from now because his big #s will be expiring. people make trades in this league like they're playing monopoly. look at the Terrel Brandon trade a few years back.

i think Al/#5 for Dalembert/AI is the deal.

That trade cannot happen because the free agent period begins after the draft so the Hawks can only sign and then trade Al after the draft, so we would have to agree to pick whomever the sixers want and then workout a deal with Al and close the deal.

Plus, no way Philly does that deal.

"the right trade here for the Hawks would be to offer Al and #5 for Iverson and Dalembert."

Why would we do that? It's not like that combination tore up the league while they were in Philly. If they played the same here, we'd still be a poor team just like Philly. We had a long-term plan to build on our young guys, lets stick to it.

Quote:

"the right trade here for the Hawks would be to offer Al and #5 for Iverson and Dalembert."

Why would we do that? It's not like that combination tore up the league while they were in Philly. If they played the same here, we'd still be a poor team just like Philly. We had a long-term plan to build on our young guys, lets stick to it.

i agree with that also. however the "stay the course" argument isn't very sexy on this board.

you start a thread talking about staying the course and i guarantee it will be hijacked by trade talk. i'm just going with the flow of traffic bro.