BELKIN WINS

AHF

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

But don't forget that he completely blew up the team that went to the playoffs every year and put us in the predicament that we are still in now. And then tried the quick fix every year... and by trading 'Nique, he disrupted what could have been the best team in Hawks history... but we'll never know.

So yes, I think we are better off with a guy that at least has a plan and will be somewhat patient to build the team as he envisions. But like I said, I do think we can do better than Billy Knight.

Don't you remember what the Kicks done to the Hawks team? It needed to be torn apart.

Quote:

Quote:

What did Nique do after leaving Atlanta? Nothing.

actually, after leaving Atlanta, his numbers went from 24.1 ppg, 6.7 rpg to 29.1 ppg, 8.0 rpg.

1.The league quickly grew tired of him and his game.

2.It's funny that you use a 25 game stretch to try and justify your point of view. What was the numbers after that season? More importantly, what was the importance of the rest of his NBA career?

The most noteable thing he did after that season was play the role of stat filler on that god awful Spurs team when David Robinson was injuried.

That team had lost in the playoffs several years in a row to a variety of teams..It was time for some change..Mookie and Smitty were both aging and that team really had no future.. The mistake that Babs made was trading away both backcourt players at the same time..Obviously, the Mookie for Terry(draft pick) trade was a pretty decent one, but Lenny hated rookies and had no patience with him..Combine that with trading Smitty for a lunatic to play along with a rookie and it was a recipe for disaster..The Deke trade the next season was actually widely regarded as a great trade for the Hawks..The downfall of that was Theo's health which was never good in Atlanta..

Mookie only had a couple of more decent seasons

Smitty could no longer be the first option. I remember he had his knees drained like twice and his decline in shooting showed he couldn't be the first option anymore.

What good were Ellis/Corbin/Hendu/Long after that season? That team was old. That backcourt was old, the Hawks had no depth. They got ran out of the arena and flatout embarassed.

That team had NOTHING left. Period.

Heck, they BARELY got by Hill and his crappy supporting cast in Detroit.