• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BELKIN WINS

AHF

• Moderators

Quote:

Yea...but you guys are making me feel better about this. What really sucks is my pops just re-upped for season tickets like last week. We would have loved to have this info 2 weeks ago.

He should seriously call them up and threaten to cancel if Belkin takes over just so they can present to him the prospect of having to fight Atlanta fans if he wants to keep the team. It may make him more likely to sell out if he knows it will be a headache just to try to hold onto this asset for a while.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

"I sense something. A presence I've not felt since..."

We're all laughing on the outside, but we're crying on the inside. At least I know that's the way it is with me right now.

Yeah - I think the expression is laughing to keep from crying. frown.gif

If the Hawks ever leave town (which is a serious possibility now that Belkin has control; leases always have loopholes in them), I'm out. I'm deadly serious. I'll never watch another NBA game again if Stern lets this happen to us. Never, ever, EVER. Not like this; not after absorbing 38 years of disappointment, frustration, and humiliation from this team and the national media for having the common sense not to spend hard-earned $$$ on a bad product.

We've support this team when everyone else ran for the hills after Kasten allowed Babs to detonate the franchise. After Lon Kruger. After Nique for Manning. After David Thompson ran off to the ABA after being selected with our #1 pick. After Adam Keefe, Rumeal Robinson, and Dion Glover. After the Jon Koncak and Alan Henderson extensions. After the J.R. Rider debacle. After going 22 years between drafting an All-Star player. After all that, all of us have held firm to our belief that one day our loyalty, energy, and $$$ spent on this franchise would one day pay off with a parade down Peachtree Street.

But alas, now there's a possibility that this parade could be in Louisville, Nashville, St. Louis, Las Vegas, Kansas City, Anaheim, or Oklahoma City after he takes over and quickly sells them off to a buyer in one of those places. He probably has a couple of Nelson Scalbanias on the rolodex right now, waiting for an asking price from him. In case you don't know, Scalbania was the guy who bought the Flames and moved them out of town, only for them to play for a Stanley Cup a few years later after never advancing beyond the first round in Atlanta.

Sad, sad indeed.

Quote:

btw my belief is there is only a 25% chance Belkin has anything to do with this team a year from now. also there will be a 0% chance he'll get anywhere near an NBA team again. Stern is the wildcard here.

Does that make Stern Yoda? stern-dave.jpgyoda.jpg

Quote:

Quote:

btw my belief is there is only a 25% chance Belkin has anything to do with this team a year from now. also there will be a 0% chance he'll get anywhere near an NBA team again. Stern is the wildcard here.

Does that make Stern Yoda? stern-dave.jpgyoda.jpg

Stern is going to come out swingin on this.

I get back from my brothers house after eating some excellent deer meat, and this is the news I get. Yeah. I'm going to go vomit now.

This will prevent the Hawks from doing anything meaningful in free agency this summer as long as this is held up.

If Belkin does indeed take over, I don't know if I will be able to continue following the Hawks. I may resort to just following the Mississippi State players that are in the league. Both of them.

Man this is bullshit.

If this goes through and BK is dumped I'm officially done.

I've suffered years of ineptitude by the owners and players of this team save for a few brightpoints.

Come on Stern save us. Don't make me wear the white and purple. If I do convert after 20 years of worshipping/defending the Hawks at least I'll have the comfort of having Eric Musselman as my new coach.

DAMN YOU BELKIN!

Quote:

So question is, will he use his position to sell the team back to the other owners at a huge profit or to someone else for that matter. He's had his legal, moral and financial victories. Now will he keep the team?

If I am in his position i take over the team, say f you to the other owners, sell to someone else for a huge profit and laugh.

If money really is his motivation then there really isn't much incentive to hold on to the team with it's opperating losses and weak fan base.

Unreal. Not easy being a Hawks fan.

Like I said. You dumbasses that want BK gone because he didn't give you your precious instant gratification may get your wish. You will now be saddled with the people who drafted Eric Montross in the top ten of the NBA Draft.

Quote:

Quote:

Maryland judge rules terms of contract were breached

By TIM TUCKER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 06/09/06

Estranged part-owner Steve Belkin is entitled to buy out his partners and take over the Hawks and Thrashers, according to a Maryland court ruling issued late this afternoon.

Montgomery County (Md.) Circuit Court Judge Eric Johnson found that the teams' seven other owners breached the terms of an agreement to buy out Belkin and thus triggered his right to buy them out at cost instead.

The judge also said in the ruling that his finding "will render moot all remaining claims" in the lawsuit, and he dismissed all other counts in the case.

My worst fears are realized. Holy #*$*. We are #*$*ed.

Please buy this man out immediately, whatever it takes.

No amount of corn dogs in the world can alleviate the pain in my heart and soul.

frown.gif

thanks for that light in this dark time

Quote:

The judge also said in the ruling that his finding "will render moot all remaining claims" in the lawsuit, and he dismissed all other counts in the case.

Does not matter what the judge says on this point. The owners (former) have the right to appeal, only the supreme court can take that right away....On ESPN site, article states that they are going to appeal per attorney for owners group.

Quote:

You dumbasses

Are you drinking and on drugs again? I am a recovering drunk, so I do have 1st hand experience at being a beligerent drunk wink.gif Seriously, why the attitude? No one here had a hand in this.

Quote:

Seriously, we won 39 games in 2 years..How much worse could he make it?

That is a good point...obviously not much worse. And with the young talent we have, I honestly think any decent coach can come in and win more games over the next two years...