• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you want Al Harrington back??

DavidSomerset

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Al want to play the three anyway. He doesn't want to play the 4. You could still keep AL. There would be enough playing time for everyone, and whoever the hawks would pick.

1. FA, Lue, Salim

2. Joe, (Childress)

3. AL, Marvin (Childress)

4. Smith, AL (Marvin)(Sheldon Williams)

5. ZaZa (off bench) #5 Draft pick (Aldridge, O'Bryant)

And in the second round we snatch up another shooting guard.

I think the hawks need to run two big guys at one time(IMO)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Al is a good player who wants to be here. He is still young and with alot of the suggested trades being for sorry overpaid players like Sam Dalenbert, well Id rather keep Al. The only way Id be in favor of letting him go would be if we have bad info on his knees.

So what are advocatiing? Taking Shelden Williams and Keeping Al Harrington? Someone tell me the logic of all that Logjam? And whether we're moving to smaller ball or not, I don't like the interchanging of these pieces. We'd have to sign Harrington for more than he's letting on.....

Quote:

Al's knees are just fine. There is nothing wrong with them. I was there when he was just comming from his doc appointment. Al says he has never missed a game after comming back from the 1st knee injury

What was he at the doctor's for? Being healthy?

Also, he has missed games. He missed 6 games this year, 16 the previous year...

• Moderators

Quote:

That should tell you all you need to know about that "interview" with Al Harrington,

Don't rip on the newbie. I could easily see Al saying he never missed a day because of his knees after the operation - especially if he missed the games for some other reason.

I think bringing him off the bench would be a good move.........but it will never happen. He would be give us an offensive shot in the arm and allow one of the young guys to play in the starting five. There are conditions that I would agree to keep him, but the chances of them coming to be are slim.

I like Al but no..I don't want him back. He had his shot at being "the man" and failed. He is a guy who will get you your 20 pts and 7 rebs but that's it. I'm not minimalizing that type of production. It's just that we need a more defensive minded pf...and center for that matter. So bye-bye Al. Welcome Shelden Williams.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Al is the most expendable of our forwards.

Why? Because his offense is developed and he's not 19? Any of our other forwards would wish that they could have just 1/2 of the offensive ability that Al has. Hopefully you mean that his contract makes him "expendable" but that's not really something that we can judge because we don't know how the negotiations will go... but if you're talking from strickly a basketball perspecitive, Al is the one Forward that we can't afford to lose.

All players go thru a routine check up after the season is over. I know Al's been out but for nothing to make a statement that he has bad knees. Many Basketball players suffer from knee tendinitis. It's often refered to as jumpers knees. DUH! Do I need to provide a list? That still does not support a claim that he has bad knees.