• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AI is answer for ATL...

y2kenta

You guys don't know how AI would fit in here in ATL because he's not here (YET) and you don't know what his attitude would be at this stage in his career. I think he's at his prime and approaching his peak, so I think he'll be hungrier than ever to win a ring. You guys often talk the Hawks needing a savior, who would be a better savior a MVP quality guard alongside JJ and Smoove.

He never ran guys out of PHI. Management chose AI. Hughes was young, still learning and undeveloped. He still learned a lot about the NBA game from playing AI, especially defensively. Stackhouse couldn't coexist because he always wanted the ball and still kinda has those same habits of taking bad shots and dribbling too much.

I'd love to have Iverson here and none you guys could honestly say that AI + JJ + Smoove + Zaza + Marvin wouldn't get us to the playoffs next year and for years to come. You also can't honestly say that you wouldn't get to Phillips every chance you get to see us whoop ass!!!

You can't help but look at the fact that no teams can stop AI, a lot of teams can't stop JJ (scoring or playmaking), so how many could stop them together? I don't care what the dummies say, I'm all for it. I'd give up the #5 pick in a heartbeat also because no one player in this can bring what AI would. BANK ON THAT!!!

Quote:

You guys don't know how AI would fit in here in ATL because he's not here

What makes you think he'd want to be?

Quote:

I think he's at his prime and approaching his peak

No, he isn't, that point has come and gone.

Quote:

I think he'll be hungrier than ever to win a ring.

This one's prolly true, even more reason for him to be malcontent with becoming a Hawk. We aren't a year away. A.I. might get us to the playoffs, but we might not even make it out of the first round, and with a solid off-season I think we can get there next year anyway.

I don't want A.I. He might score and sell tix, but he sure won't be a good influence on our young players. Leave 'em in Philly.

Quote:

Stackhouse couldn't coexist because he always wanted the ball and still kinda has those same habits of taking bad shots and dribbling too much.

I'd love to have Iverson here and none you guys could honestly say that AI + JJ + Smoove + Zaza + Marvin wouldn't get us to the playoffs next year and for years to come. You also can't honestly say that you wouldn't get to Phillips every chance you get to see us whoop ass!!!

You can't help but look at the fact that no teams can stop AI, a lot of teams can't stop JJ (scoring or playmaking), so how many could stop them together? I don't care what the dummies say, I'm all for it. I'd give up the #5 pick in a heartbeat also because no one player in this can bring what AI would. BANK ON THAT!!!

Unfortunately this is exactly why I don't want AI. We have some other players who would like to touch the ball and Smoove, Marvin, and Chill will not develop at all with another ball hog on the team. AI makes great sense for a team with established players, but for us it would just be the AI show.

If you read the posts and AJC you'll see it is mixed whether AI would be a draw. Some see him as a Savior and others think he is just a ballhog punk. I think one thing everyone agrees on is that he comes to work hard and gives it everything he's got.

And I really don't believe that AI + JJ + Smoove + Zaza + Marvin would get us into the playoffs - it would become AI and a little JJ. The rest of the guys would be rebounders and outlets when AI drives into a double or triple team. There is a reason that he is available and it's not just salary.

So no thanks.

i'm actually a fan of Allen Iverson and I think he gets too much of a bum rap. I would be ok with him coming here IF it only involved al harrington to get him AND we could still shore up our center position.

But if his salary is a capkiller for us or his return trade value involves a draft pick, then i don't want him for that price.

Quote:

i'm actually a fan of Allen Iverson and I think he gets too much of a bum rap. I would be ok with him coming here IF it only involved al harrington to get him AND we could still shore up our center position.

But if his salary is a capkiller for us or his return trade value involves a draft pick, then i don't want him for that price.

Harrington for AI straight up.

that would make the Shelden pick start to make sense.

His salary is a cap killer, and his attitude is a chemistry killer. I personaly don't want our young guys learning Allen Iverson's practice habits. I also don't want Joe Johnson being relegated to nothing but a spot up jump shooter and defender, which is all AI will ever allow him to be.

A move like this could wrap up the whole "redundant talent" issue in one fell swoop. BK could explain that - while he loves young talent - you have to give something to get something. MW is off to Philly where he's no longer under the "CP3 microscope" and BK gets the Hawks a PG who is as good or better than CP3. BK gets us competitive immediately - we still pick up Shelden for inside bullying, and we still have JS and JChill as our young up-and-comers.

Seems like a no-brainer to me if they could pull it off.

Because you don't take into account the immediate chemistry problems bringing Allen Iverson into the fold would cause, and you don't take into account the long term salary cap problems bringing him in will cause.

The good thing is, Billy Knight isn't foolish enough to make a deal for Allen Iverson. As has already been stated by Bernie Mullin, Billy has already convinced the ownership that making a move for Allen Iverson is not the way to go.

Quote:

Because you don't take into account the immediate chemistry problems bringing Allen Iverson into the fold would cause,...

I have a hard time putting too much stock in "chemistry" on a team that won 26 games last year. Actually, I don't think the chemistry is all that good between MW and JS anyway. Two young up-and-comers fighting for the same spot IMO. Sure you can try and force JS to the 4 but that is gonna upset HIS chemistry. Plus AI would come in and be the big dog - something a young team needs. JJ would probably appreciate it too. As it stands now it'll basically be him and a bunch of 22 and unders.

I don't see any chemistry problems on a team that doubled its win total from the previous season. Once again, you are thinking about instant gratification and are willing to mortage the future of the franchise because you think a big name will get the Hawks to the playoffs.

Like I said though. This is all a moot point. Billy has already shot down any ideas of making this foolish deal. I honestly don't know why people continue to ignore what the Hawks have said on this subject and would rather believe some crack pot reporter that has no insight on the Hawks.

• Premium Member

You never know, Ownership just may have the last say in the matter.

When fighting to keep the franchise.. in a market with lots of potential but having not produced yet...

and the most marketed player in the NBA being available...

HOW MUCH of a brain does it take to figure out that AI is the answer??

In Theory.. this wait on production s--- that BK preaches sounds good to the basketball enthusiast. BUT it doesn't sell tickets. How many season ticket Holders really care about BK's experimentation. I'm surprised that there wasn't a revolt when it came to CP3 winning the ROY. Especially when he said that he wanted to play for Atlanta and thought that he had a great workout.

How many luxury boxes do you think will sell almost immediately if BK was able to get AI for last years #2 overall?

The Hawks would immediately have an identity and would probably win a lot more games than the 26 we've been winning.

How much brain power does it take to see that this may be the answer to all the Hawks problems.

If they Hawks could come out of this offseason with Shelden/AI and one other player... I think that's it... with our squad, we just might be in the ECF.

Quote:

Because you don't take into account the immediate chemistry problems bringing Allen Iverson into the fold would cause, and you don't take into account the long term salary cap problems bringing him in will cause.

Oh KB I didn't know you were a personal friend of AI and knew how he interacted with all the Hawks right now. Please, could you get me his autograph?

How much brain power does it take to see that Allen Iverson is nothing but a big name and won't deliver the championships everyone should be wanting for the Hawks?

How much brain power does it take to see that Allen Iverson has never been able to coexist with another player that could score?

Ooooo! Let's mortage the future of the franchise to get a big name that will force us to abandon the current plan we have and completely rebuild the team yet again.

Quote:

I know AI's history with players that could actually score, and he's had a problem with EVERY SCORER he has ever played with.

Oh, so scoring = chemistry? OK, thats simple. I'll remember that for next time. I also forgot how Smoove, Chill, and MW are the same type of players as Stack, Hughes, and Webber.

Please, the only people that might have a problem with AI would be Harrington. JJ had his best season when he was being distributed the ball. Smoove, Chill, and MW don't create shots and AI creates easy looks for teammates.

Smoove, Chill, and MW = Iguadola. I haven't heard any "chemistry" problems between the two AIs, in fact I believe they are great friends and both enjoy playing with each other as seen in the Slam Dunk competition.

That's because Iguodala doesn't shoot the basketball. You completely ignore the problems AI has had with Webber over the past two years.

JJ's best season was this past season, when he was the man that ran the show. The first time JJ scores 40 points in a game alongside Iverson, you will hear Iverson complaining to the media about how the team isn't getting him the ball enough.

Quote:

That's because Iguodala doesn't shoot the basketball. You completely ignore the problems AI has had with Webber over the past two years.

Ummm....Iguodala shot about 9 times a game. Thats one more than Smoove and less than Chill and Marvin...And what are these problems with Webber? Just post the article where some Sixer says AI and Webber have problems with each other.

Quote:

JJ's best season was this past season, when he was the man that ran the show. The first time JJ scores 40 points in a game alongside Iverson, you will hear Iverson complaining to the media about how the team isn't getting him the ball enough.

Hahahahaha, good joke. You weren't joking? Oh, I am sorry.

JJ scored more, but he also took 3 more shots a game. He shot a lower FG% and 3PT%. His assists were up, but his assist to turnover ratio went down substantially. His rebounds were down. His win shares went down. His player losses went up (3rd worst in the league). Yea, this past season was his best confused.gif

• Premium Member

Give me AI...

If your future is Marvin and believing that a dime a dozen tweener is going to lead the Hawks farther than Ai could... then you're really as blind and misled as your posts.