• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lakers emerging as a S&T for Al?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

No specific links here, just a few speculations by different sports writers.

But, to me, it makes sense. He's young and would make a nice complement to Kwame and Odom. IMO, he would fit well in the triangle. And we all know Al would play with Kobe in a heartbeat (for money).

The deal? Most Lakers' fans are delusional, and think the Hawks would take junk expirings (e.g., McKie). However, I know Knight would rather let Al walk than take on dead salary like that.

Instead, I would suggest either:

1. The Lakers' unconditional 2007 1st rounder, Chris Mihm, filler

-or-

2. Andrew Bynum, filler (McKie, Cook, etc.)

Expect the Lakers to be mentioned as contenders for Al in a S&T.

Thats the only thing I would want from the Lakers. They would have a mid teens pick next year, maybe around 20 if they get lucky ... which is not nearly enough in my book for Al since that player cant help us anytime soon.

Quote:

Quote:

I would take Bynum in a heartbeat. I haven't seen much of him and don't know how good he will be but it would definitely be worth it.

LOL I'm not sure what you mean.....

N help for LA. Why the f*ck would someone want to do anything that might improve the Lakers? First of all, it's their turn to suffer some mediocre seasons. Second, the Lakers don't have anything other than Kobe and Odom that is worth having... And Odom wouldn't be much of a benefit to the Hawks.

I don't think Billy Knight wants anymore young kids. I think Knight would be more willing to get Chris Mihm & the 2007st than getting Bynum. It is becoming clearer that the rebuilding project will be shorten because this team needs win.

Quote:

N help for LA. Why the f*ck would someone want to do anything that might improve the Lakers?

We're not. We're trying to dump Al Harrington on them. They had the 24th defense before Al... I would trade Al for Bynum + some other player (Mihm? Sasha?), Bynum has the potential to be a dominant big man. It might not pan out, but I'd still take the shot because we're not getting another 1st rounder til 2008

Quote:

Quote:

I would take Bynum in a heartbeat. I haven't seen much of him and don't know how good he will be but it would definitely be worth it.

LOL I'm not sure what you mean.....

Yeah...Duke...kind of reminds me of the pre-draft Shelden bashing threads:

"I'd rather have xxx, I haven't seen him play and he's from Podunk U....but he's gotta be better than Shelden"

I saw Bynum handle his own against Shaq. Bynum even taunted Shaq. In turn, Shaq almost slugged Bynum. There's a game clip proving this statement.

Bynum has great upside for his age and size. Obviously, he has the aggressiveness and hunger to compete against the best ala Shaq. I would gamble on this kid. He jumped straight from the preps last year. He's young, but this kid is still learning. Also, please remember that he's learning under Phil Jackson.

If we can get Bynum and a 1st, that would be a trade worth investing. If not a 1st, atleast try to pry Mihm away.

It's very simple. Bynum is a project center who may or may not work out. I haven't seen enough of him to really judge but if a sign and trade is worked out i think it is a good deal.

After all he is on a cheap rookie contract.

I would rather to that deal than do a SNT deal which brings in an overpaid, underproducing player or let Al walk for nothing.

You guys understand now?