• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With this team, what's our record next season??

DavidSomerset

Speedy/Lue

JJ/Chill

Smoove/Marvin

Shelden/S.Jones/Batista

Zaza/Foster

I don't think we are going to be able to get the value we want for Harrington, but for the sake of this post, lets just assume we get something along the lines of Foster/1st round pick 2007.

I say this team gets about 35 wins...maybe more if we catch a few breaks

Quote:

...I say this team gets about 35 wins...maybe more if we catch a few breaks

Yeah jdu, I'd have to agree (hope for more but wouldn't bet on it). I think we'll further improve as our young guys mature and we upgrade at the 5 (year after next).

That's probably about right. The Hawks improved by 13 games last season, and making that next jump is always difficult. I think 37 wins is right on target for the development of this basketball team, at this point. We are still probably a year away from being a legitimate playoff contending team, and we are a couple of years away from making some noise in the playoffs.

I would like to see Marc Iavaroni...the guy can take these athletes and turn them loose. He and D'Antoni are kindred spirits and good friends. They like the same style...we will likely have Bob Bender take over during the season. Then we should go for Iavaroni...he is one hell of a coach and he would take us to the playoffs.

For those thinking playoffs next year...forget it. This team isn't coached well enough. Woody works hard and is a nice guy...he is a decent assistant. He isn't the man for this job. He makes a lot of mistakes and the team just isn't well managed on the court. That will prove itself out...again. But the young team stuff will not fly this year. BK will let him go because the owners will demand it.

I think it will be 36 +/- 3. Adding another 13 wins will be tough, ten is more likely. Like KB said its hard to make that playoff jump and we are a year away from that. The following year I would expect the playoffs.

• Premium Member

As much as we like to think of our team in a vacuum, the truth of the matter is that we're not the only team who has gotten better.

I would say that Charlotte, Orlando, Boston, and Toronto have all gotten better.

Still, I think we have the capacity to win 40 games.

Quote:

As much as we like to think of our team in a vacuum, the truth of the matter is that we're not the only team who has gotten better.

I would say that Charlotte, Orlando, Boston, and Toronto have all gotten better.

Still, I think we have the capacity to win 40 games.

I like our 1-5 as much as those team's 1-5.

• Premium Member

When you consider how many close games we loss and the early "chemistry" games we lost, I would think that 14 more wins isn't out of the question. Especially with good Guard play.

If Speedy comes in and gives us a 14/8/3 break down and JJ still gets about 5- 6 apg, we'll be hard to beat..period. And we have the potential to expect much much more.

Quote:

When you consider how many close games we loss and the early "chemistry" games we lost, I would think that 14 more wins isn't out of the question. Especially with good Guard play.

If Speedy comes in and gives us a 14/8/3 break down and JJ still gets about 5- 6 apg, we'll be hard to beat..period. And we have the potential to expect much much more.

But also factor in Joe Johnson/Al Harrington was our 1-2 punch last year. As much as I hate Al's defensive play, there is no denying his offensive production. I still see us improving overall because of our young players development but we're talking about replacing the 2nd leading scorer on the team.

Quote:

Actually, I'm intrigued by Orlando.

Nelson, Redick, ___________, Darko, Howard.

Howard is a stud.

They've added a scorer in redick.

That is a very unathletic starting team...especially is Turkolu (sp?) starts...I could see them having defensive troubles since the Nelson, Redick and Hedo may get beat off the dribble and get Darko and Howard in foul trouble.

Quote:

Quote:

Actually, I'm intrigued by Orlando.

Nelson, Redick, ___________, Darko, Howard.

Howard is a stud.

They've added a scorer in redick.

That is a very unathletic starting team...especially is Turkolu (sp?) starts...I could see them having defensive troubles since the Nelson, Redick and Hedo may get beat off the dribble and get Darko and Howard in foul trouble.

I agree. I think Charlotte is the only young team in the league on paper that looks to have a future anywhere close to as bright as ours.

I mean call me a homer but I don't see another team with young players with the combined upside of Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, and Joe Johnson. That's why I'm glad we drafted Shelden Williams. We didn't need another player with upside. We have plenty of those! Now we got the meat and potatoes guy with the guaranteed production because you know he's going to bring it every night. Add in the solid production off the bench in Salim and JChill and the upside of Solomon Jones and I'd say that this team is going to be something serious in a couple of years.