• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's clear as day to me now...

Diesel

As a season ticket holder I am now for bringing Ai to town. Believe it or not I think he has mellowed a little and would embrace a new role as a veteran leader. He is NOT Rider. I think Ai needs a change of scenery. What I would be concerned with is his shoot first mentality. We need a guy to move the rock with this young talent. If Ai could score 22-24ppg and dish 10 dimes...I'm sold.

But, I don't think there is a snowball's chance of him coming. BK doesn't go for guys like Ai...some of the Spirit wants him. Two owners do not.

Ai would put 10,000 volts into the town. Philips would actually be fun. Speedy would be pissed but he would have 25M reasons to get over it.

Quote:

i'd do it. i'd bring AI here. i know i'm in the minority here, but i like him. i love watching him play. i'm tired of seeing the hawks slowly plodding along, and they need something to shake them up. i don't think it's mortgaging their future with one heavy contract. hell, pretty much every team in the league has at least one major contract, except the hawks. yes, jj's was big, but it was big last season, not so much for the remainder of it. you need numerous bad contracts to underachievers to bring you down (i.e. gs and nyk). maybe i don't know sh*t, and i'll admit that, but at least i would enjoy watching them play more, and living away from atl now, i would like more chances to get to see them play.

AI can't bring the wins anymore.

• Premium Member

After seeing how Ai handled the Olympics and Webber, I think he could do it... Especially with JJ being the other ball handler. Remember Woody's offense is not directional. There's no need for a play maker (per se) but we need somebody who can cause openings in the defense.

No offense Luefan... But Lue at the top of the key dribbling the clock down was not what we needed regaurdless of how well he shot from outside.

The guy is Still Trill. He played 72 games averaged 43 minutes, 33 points, 7.4 assist and 2 steals last season. He has not slowed. With our roster it would be 38 minutes, 28 points, 10 assist and two steals.

42-48 wins and 17,000 screaming delirious fans at Phillips Every Game.

Quote:

He is WAY too costly to acquire.

That's the tricky question. Is he? Somebody brought up a good point when they mentioned that the Hawks could be willing to spend more because they would make so much more with AI. That's certainly fathomable.

If they make $15-20 million more per year with AI, why wouldn't they be able to spend more?

One would certainly think that Hawks incoming revenues could go up appreciably with AI here. Then again - our owners are exactly rocket scientists so who knows if they could get the deals done. I doubt it will happen - but if it does they will need a marketing campaign to match the makeup of the team (likey featuring Iverson as the key guy).

Quote:

After reading DA's article on Iverson, I can see what will happen..

Al to GS.

Murphy/Pietrus/Lue to Philly.

Iverson to Atlanta.

This is probably what Belk is pushing. I think the holdout is us.

congratulations on post # 16,350 Diesel.

*here's a napkin* to wipe that drivel off your chin

Quote:

"I'm a Dale Murphy fan," Allen Iverson said. "I just wanted to wear my own number."

Could be, though Iverson was 7 years old when Murphy won the first of his two National League MVP awards.

I thought that was kind of funny, as in strange and unexpected. If anyone had asked me to pick Iverson's favorite baseball player, Murph probably would have been down somewhere about 10,000th on the list. Devoted husband, great family man (he's got like 7 or 8 kids), very quiet, professional, humble, self-effacing, a devout Morman...he just doesn't seem like the type of guy AI would gravitate to. So I'm pretty shocked, but pleased that Iverson shows such great taste in baseball players. Murph was the man.

Quote:

Quote:

"I'm a Dale Murphy fan," Allen Iverson said. "I just wanted to wear my own number."

Could be, though Iverson was 7 years old when Murphy won the first of his two National League MVP awards.

I thought that was kind of funny, as in strange and unexpected. If anyone had asked me to pick Iverson's favorite baseball player, Murph probably would have been down somewhere about 10,000th on the list. Devoted husband, great family man (he's got like 7 or 8 kids), very quiet, professional, humble, self-effacing, a devout Morman...he just doesn't seem like the type of guy AI would gravitate to. So I'm pretty shocked, but pleased that Iverson shows such great taste in baseball players. Murph was the man.

Well, maybe, just maybe, a lot of the AI thug image is overblown?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, maybe, just maybe, a lot of the AI thug image is overblown?

this Allen Iverson saga is getting strange