• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Charlotte Observer > Jason Williams comeback

sturt

• Premium Member

Williams anxious to jump back in

Ex-Duke star ready to resume NBA career after three-year recovery from motorcycle accident

Luciana Chavez, Staff Writer

DURHAM - The year 2006 may belong to Jason Williams. That's hard to fathom considering the former Duke basketball star nearly lost his life in a motorcycle accident three years ago. He was left with a broken pelvis, a mangled left knee and nerve damage in his left leg. He also lost his NBA career.

Now Williams, 24, is ready to reclaim it. After a slow recovery, the 2002 consensus college player of the year worked out for 10 NBA teams last month. He said Monday he's waiting on two teams...

http://www.newsobserver.com/736/story/462028.html

Quote:

Because he is not good right now. As a matter of fact the jury was still out before the injury. People are talking as if Jason Williams was a 20pt 10 assist guy before the injury. I am not sure if he was T.J. Ford good before the accident.

That's a great point...but in a league that is looking for upside, I think his upside is still a lot higher than Anthony Grundy and Carl Edwards.

His upside was his explosiveness, and with the injury, that explosiveness may be gone. Right now, I think the best you could hope for is that Jason Williams uses court savvy and instincts to become an impact player. Chances are though, what once made him a great prospect is likely no longer there.