Peoriabird

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love - JJ, Marvin, Josh Smith, Batista, Foye

Notes:

-I really like all the hawks except Edwards and maybe Ivey, but those four really stand out

-I would have drafted Diaz or Dee Brown over Solomon, but I wouldn't list them as "love"

Hate - Belkin, Pete Babcock, Carmelo Anthony

Notes:

-I don't hate any hawks past or present, and Carmelo is the only player in the league whose attitude really disgusts me, he has replaced Kobe.

-I don't want to see AI traded here due to age, salary, his need to dominate the ball, and having to give up too much even though I like the guy. I certainly don't hate him

-I think shipping Al is addition by subtraction even though he's a good ballpayer and a great person.

-Would have drafted Iggy over Chill but I still really like Chill as a player, and particularly his attitude.

Likes;

JJ, Smith

I am optimistic about Marvin but realize he has a long way to go to be the player he was projected to be on draft night. But the talent is there.

I like Lue as a backup pg with such a young team. However when his contract is up after 2 more season i don't expect him to be resigned.

I like Shelden but didn't like him at 5.

Dislikes:

i used to really dislike Childress although his performance this year has definitely improved my opinion of him.

I am probably more negative on Zaza than most. I don't think the Hawks can win with him playing a significant role. If he is playing more than 20 min per game that is too much in my book.

Salim trying to play the point. He is a scorer off the bench. That is all.

I don't do the 'love' and 'hate' thing as far as basketball players go. I love my wife and my two boys, I hate Osama Bin Laden (only because he brings it on himself), and uhhhh Steve Belkin, and that's about all I can think of right now.

That out of the way, I support all members of the Atlanta Hawks. Some (ala John Edwards) I realize are borderline useless, but still I support him as long as he's a Hawk and I always hold out hope for improvement. I always do that, because you never know.

Quote:

Quote:

Lover:

Atlanta: Salim, Marvin, JJ, Smoove

Other Random Guys: Rashard Lewis, Murphy, WILL BLALOCK! Jameer Nelson, Delonte West (I'm a st. joes fan,lol), Kobe

Hater:

Atlanta: Shelden, Belkin, BK, Al Harrington

Other: AI, Wade, Shaq, Melo, Marbury

Murphy lover? interesting! O.K. I'll put you down

yes, indeedy. He has such a weird skillset. he's a great shooter and a tough rebounder. kind of a strange combination. if only he could play D...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Dislikes:

I am probably more negative on Zaza than most. I don't think the Hawks can win with him playing a significant role. If he is playing more than 20 min per game that is too much in my book.

WOW! This has been very educational for me. Keep the post coming!

I love: BK,Marvin, Batista, Smoove,JJ, Zaza, Shelden, Diaw Ivey, King Solomon has anyone said Speedy and BasketballPrinces (haha) and that other chick(She likes Chill though frown.gif). We need more female posters here. tongue.gif

Hate: Belkin, Bush

I don't hate Edwards i just don't like him.

I have said it multiple time Dirk is an above average player not a superstar, as witness in his meltdown and complete reliance on JT in the finals.

Anyway you all know I have called out everyone who sucks so this year J.J.Reddick and that crybaby out of Gonzaga will prove to be complete crap @ best they will average a combined 25PPG and play no defense

Diop will be a superstar in 2 years time and O'Bryant will be a star in 3.

ISAIH WILL Lead the KNICKS INTO THE PLAYOFFS

BYRON SCOTT WILL LEAD THE HORNETS INTO THE PLAYOFFS

AVERY JOHNSON & DO RIVERS will prove to be the best coaches in basketball.

Kobe will continue to be a ball hogging Whore and ......I'm out

I'll never understand the reasoning behind hating a sports player, unless he is unprofessional. Hate is a strong word/emotion, and its thrown around like it's nothing. Tell me how Dirk Nowitzki deserves the hate you spread for him constantly. This is after all, a team sport. Any success and recognition he has, has been earned through lots of hard work.

Quote:

I have said it multiple time Dirk is an above average player not a superstar, as witness in his meltdown and complete reliance on JT in the finals.

Anyway you all know I have called out everyone who sucks so this year J.J.Reddick and that crybaby out of Gonzaga will prove to be complete crap @ best they will average a combined 25PPG and play no defense

Diop will be a superstar in 2 years time and O'Bryant will be a star in 3.

ISAIH WILL Lead the KNICKS INTO THE PLAYOFFS

BYRON SCOTT WILL LEAD THE HORNETS INTO THE PLAYOFFS

AVERY JOHNSON & DO RIVERS will prove to be the best coaches in basketball.

Kobe will continue to be a ball hogging Whore and ......I'm out

confidence doesnt mean correct.

Quote:

Dirk Nowitzki, JJ Reddick, and Adam Morrison??? Why are you singling out these 3? What do these guys have in common???

Can someone please help me figure out the common thread???

i don't see ANYTHING these 3 could POSSIBLY have in common. could it be they are all RYTHM shooters?

maybe you could add peja stojakavic to this group. byron scott will lead the hornets to the playoffs, but peja will meltdown and rely heavily on CP3 so they won't win it all.