• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

R U Ready for Lue for Mihm!

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think this is the trade.

We're taking Chris Mihm. Last year, he put up 10.2 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.25 bpg in 26.1 mpg.

He might be a good compliment for Zaza.

He should be incredibly cheap.

I think this is his last contract year.

He's a pick and pop Center...

He's undergoing ankle surgery but should be up and running in the next 6 weeks max.

Just in time to get in shape for training camp.

Mihm is 7 foot 265, he runs ok... He can score. he defends.

BK loves a C with a midrange game.

• Premium Member

Mihm sucks. He is worse defensively than Zaza without even the energy, he's a pedestrian rebounder and the only saving grace to his entire game is his outside jumpshot. Which isn't even good, but average.

I would hate having Mihm on this team because he would do nothing to address actual needs on our team.

Quote:

Mihm sucks. He is worse defensively than Zaza without even the energy, he's a pedestrian rebounder and the only saving grace to his entire game is his outside jumpshot. Which isn't even good, but average.

I would hate having Mihm on this team because he would do nothing to address actual needs on our team.

so who would you suggest we get with out giving up our core! it seams like you want us to get a great big man with out giving up are best players. i will take c mihm if it means we only lose t lou. sounds like you are living in fantasy land. the objective is to get the best big man we can with out giving up important peices of our team; any big man we get is an improvement over john edwards!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

so who would you suggest we get with out giving up our core! it seams like you want us to get a great big man with out giving up are best players. i will take c mihm if it means we only lose t lou. sounds like you are living in fantasy land. the objective is to get the best big man we can with out giving up important peices of our team; any big man we get is an improvement over john edwards!

I'd rather give a one year deal to Lorenzen Wright who at least can play defense and plays hard. Two things no one has ever accused Mihm of doing. Besides which if we gave up Lue we wouldn't have a real backup point guard on the roster.

LOL . . Good Lord. Diesel has lost it.

While Ty Lue isn't the best PG in the world, he's certaintly more valuable to the Hawks, than Chris Mihm would ever be.

If you trade Lue, then you must have all the confidence in the world in Salim possibly running the team.

Either that, or you're satisfied with JJ still logging major minutes at the point. ( I didn't see you on the JJ at the point bandwagon too much last year )

Give Lo Wright the 1 - 2 year deal, keep Lue for the rest of his deal, and go from there.

But leave that LAKER TRASH in LA

• Premium Member

You must have forgotten that we picked up Speedy Claxton??

The truth of the matter is if we make the Al deal, we will need a Center MORE than we need 3 PGs making 11 million dollars.

So, yes, I would replace Lue/Ivey with Grundy and keep on moving.

I think the time would be better spent with JChillz/Salim getting some playing time than to have Lue as Speedy's BU.

Quote:

I'd rather give a one year deal to Lorenzen Wright who at least can play defense and plays hard.

Since when did Lo Wright play defense? If your definition of defense is 6 fouls in 15 minutes, then I guess Wright is your man. It is indeed sad if we can't do better than Lo Wright. He never was any good, and in case you haven't noticed, his minutes per game continue to drop each season, despite the absence of big men on the Memphis squad. Not a great endorsement is it?

Lue for Mihm really does seem to make a lot of sense to me for all teams involved. Mihm isn't great, but he's a lot better than a lot of people on this board give him credit for, and he's a MASSIVE upgrade over the other backup centers we've had in the recent past. Also, it could help explain why we held on to Royal Ivey.

• Premium Member

That's how I look at it.

Mihm is a guy who is a little more than serviceable who will add more offense off the bench.

Squawkers think we should just get Shaq with exemption money...

Looking at player profiles on NBA.com, if you project Mihm's minutes to Pachulia's, they would score and rebound similarly, but Mihm blocks shots much better. When you turn the comparison to Wright, it's no contest, statistically any way. When you increase LW's minutes to match Mihm, his scoring is far below Mihm's, his rebounding is slightly lower than Mihm, and again, he is not even close to Mihm as a shot blocker. I was surprised that Wright was such a poor shot blocker. I know you can't depend solely on stats, but I haven't seen Mihm play very much. If his stats are an indication, he would be an improvement over Lo.

Think ZaZa who blocks shots.

• Premium Member

The last couple of years, Mihm has been coming on. I think he is good potential (if I can use the p word here) and I believe that this could be a try out... I think Lo would want a 3 year deal to end his career. I think Lo is a bad defender because he have always preferred to play defense with his hands rather than move his feet.

I would have thought he projected better in rebounds than Mihm... but this is just another reason why we should pull the trigger on the trade.