• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ball's in Indy's court...no cash?

thesheedera

Diesel I agree with you on this point.

Draft picks are not a true priority in this stage of rebuilding that we are in right now. It is time to take that next step.

I would have wanted to see a veteran and a draft pick in exchange for Al, not just a draft pick.

It seems we could have gotten much much more for Al than a single draft pick.

Hell we gave away 2 draft picks and a talented player for JJ.

We should at least get a talented player back and a draft pick for Al.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

Hell we gave away 2 draft picks and a talented player for JJ.

We should at least get a talented player back and a draft pick for Al.

I agree we should get more than just a 1st round pick for Al but I wouldn't expect something close to the JJ package because JJ is much better than Al and Phoenix had more control given that he was a RFA.

• Premium Member

The real problem that I have with the move for a future first and cash... Is this.... we're not trying to do nothing. It's not like we will follow up the AL trade with anything other than signing Lo.

Honestly, I don't see that as a major signing and I don't see much value with a pick that will have to be developed.

I'm not saying that you're throwing the team under the bus, but I am saying that you're lying to us with this move for Financial Flexibility.

If the Lakers were offering Mihm and a first with filler, that should have been the deal we took. I applaud BK for not taking Murphy...However, there are other deals (I'm sure) that popped up that is much better than what we're about to do.

then traded Artest for the best deal they could get.

Even if they only got a mid-1st rounder they still would have been better off. The reason is that they would have gone into free agency with all their cap money available and they would have known exactly what they needed.

Instead their cap room was held captive by Al's cap hold. And the Hawks didn't know what they could get in an Al SNT deal which may have prevented them from pursuing a player that they would have gone after if they had known all they could get for Al was a pick.

• Admin

entirely subjective. I have no problems with it personally. While Mihm might be a better player than Lo, is he "kiss your cap goodbye" better? Nope, and that likely had a lot to do with why the deal didn't happen. I like the notion that we have a lot of new talent and will still have some money to work in the future.

Quote:

Even if they only got a mid-1st rounder they still would have been better off. The reason is that they would have gone into free agency with all their cap money available and they would have known exactly what they needed.

Instead their cap room was held captive by Al's cap hold. And the Hawks didn't know what they could get in an Al SNT deal which may have prevented them from pursuing a player that they would have gone after if they had known all they could get for Al was a pick.

agree with you somewhat but i also see there being a huge question mark with that move also.

I bet Sactown is gonna be good even though their talent outside of Artest probably doesn't stack up to ours for just as long as Artest keeps it together.

heck who knows, once out of Indiana you may never hear from this guy again in terms of the extracurriculars.

Quote:

After the whole JR Rider thing...It will be a long time before we trade for another headcase.

Artest asked if he could miss a few games to promote his girl band.lol

And he also said he would rather have a gold record than win a nba championship!I',m glad we didnt get him

• Premium Member

Quote:

While Mihm might be a better player than Lo, is he "kiss your cap goodbye" better?

I think you should go back and check your salaries...

Mihm is a cheap C only signed for this year. This is not a kiss your cap goodbye kind of deal. In fact, it sets us up for next year's offseason...

Quote:

We would have been fools to take this guy and think that he would have not been the headcase that he is.

he wouldn't even have set foot in the locker room so how would his being a head case have mattered to the Hawks?

History has shown that teams will take a chance on headcases who can play.

Does anyone think Sactown regrets trading for Artest?

• Premium Member

That when the trade to Sac-town was first announced, RON Artest refused to go!

Quote:

A reported trade between Indiana and Sacramento that had Artest headed to the Kings for Peja Stojakovic apparently won't happen after the volatile forward said no to the deal, Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said Tuesday night. Both sides thought the deal had happened, as Stojakovic stayed behind at the team hotel when Sacramento left to play Philadelphia on Tuesday night.

Now, I just imagine... what would have happened if it wasn't a perinneal playoff team that had acquired Artest... I think he would have cried and hollered until BK was forced to take a bad deal to get rid of him.

Yes, there's something stupid here... and it's a suggestion by exodus who only sees hindsight.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Last night, comments from the principals began circulating. Artest told The Indianapolis Star that "It's not that I don't want to play there ... I'm letting my agent handle things. I just want to meet with team officials of whichever team I'm headed to."

Artest's agent, Mark Stevens also released a statement.
"Ron Artest did not want to be traded to Sacramento weeks ago, and he does not want to be traded to Sacramento now,"
it said, in part. "Basketball is Ron Artest's passion. In order for Ron to fully demonstrate his natural skills and abilities, to the best of his abilities, he not only must be in an envornment that is conducive to his growth and development as a player, he must also ensure that his family is happy and content as well. Ron does not believe that will be the case if he were in Sacramento. Period."

Artest does not have a no-trade clause in his contract, meaning he has no say in whether he is traded. Should he end up coming to the Kings,
Stevens did say his client would play for the team, regardless of how he felt about it.

I'm sure you know the man, sitting next to the man, sitting next to the man, sitting next to the go--amn man who knows something about the deal... but to me.. if Artest's Agent was speaking without Artest's authorization then he should have been fired.... However, Mark Stevens remains as Artest's agent...

Quote:

Quote:

Last night, comments from the principals began circulating. Artest told The Indianapolis Star that "It's not that I don't want to play there ... I'm letting my agent handle things. I just want to meet with team officials of whichever team I'm headed to."

Artest's agent, Mark Stevens also released a statement.
"Ron Artest did not want to be traded to Sacramento weeks ago, and he does not want to be traded to Sacramento now,"
it said, in part. "Basketball is Ron Artest's passion. In order for Ron to fully demonstrate his natural skills and abilities, to the best of his abilities, he not only must be in an envornment that is conducive to his growth and development as a player, he must also ensure that his family is happy and content as well. Ron does not believe that will be the case if he were in Sacramento. Period."

Artest does not have a no-trade clause in his contract, meaning he has no say in whether he is traded. Should he end up coming to the Kings,
Stevens did say his client would play for the team, regardless of how he felt about it.

I'm sure you know the man, sitting next to the man, sitting next to the man, sitting next to the go--amn man who knows something about the deal... but to me.. if Artest's Agent was speaking without Artest's authorization then he should have been fired.... However, Mark Stevens remains as Artest's agent...

If the deal is a 2008 first round pick and no cash, Billy is a complete joke.

which is why he didn't want Artest to go to Sactown. All that came out later, which is why Sactown agreed to take him. If Artest didn't want to play there they would have taken him. In fact when the comments first came out Sactown pulled out.

Then they realized the comments weren't coming from Artest, just like yours aren't coming from Artest.

Diesel says what would happen if the Hawks traded Artest somewhere where he didn't want to go?

Then he says, in the next breath, Artest didn't want to go to Sactown but went there against his will.

Does anyone else see the contradiction?

And chillzatl has already checked my work IP when we were in an argument and threatened to contact my employer lol. So I actually am at work.