• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Holyfield wins

Bulldog

I was pleased to see Holyfield looking good in his 2nd round TKO victory this weekend. But I still hope he feels he can now retire on a victory. There is no way he wins a version of the title now, and he is only going to do himself damage. Whatever happens the Real Deal will be remembered as a true warrior of the fight game, so I would prefer him to let it go now, before suffering another bad loss against one of the top 10 guys.

• Premium Member

I watched that. I think that other guy came specifically to lay down. He was definitely big and brunny but offered no movememnt or defense.

I was happy to see Holyfield's speed and power but it's time for Holy to call it a day.

Although, Holyfield could probably compete with everybody in the Boxing Heavyweight division.

I think this was a set up so that holy can get his license back.

• Admin

He fought a pure chump, hit the guy what, 15 straight times and couldn't put him down. When you add to that the fact that he can barely speak anymore, he should be barred from fighting, period. If he tries to fight one of these russian champs, he might get killed. At the very least he will lose a chunk of whatever mental faculties he has left.

agreed - the only one of the champs that he could even compete against is Maskaev. Lyakhovich is too fast and strong, Valuev has too much power and if he faced Klitschko I would seriously worry about him. He wouldnt have the power to rock Wladimir (which is his achilles heel), and Wlad has serious power in return. Holy would be too slow to get out of the way.

I hope the former Soviets have a tourney to unite the belts.

• Premium Member

Valuev... Valuev is a paper champion. He can't fight in close. Holyfield with the speed he showed Sat. would kill Valuev because Holy has always been a very good inside fighter. I think Valuev lost to both Donald and Ruiz, he just won because they wanted him to have it.

Klitschko is ANOTHER fight that Holy should want. Klitschko is not so fast that he would blind Holy with Speed. I think Klitschko would even go toe to toe with Holy. That's to Holy's advantage.

The question remains: Was James Toney Doped up when he fought Holyfield? If he had been using Steroids... then that may mean something.

• Premium Member

I love Holyfield. Always have. But it should be criminal to allow this man to fight anywhere in the world. It is so obvious listening to him speak that he has reduced mental capabilities due to the head damage he's taken over the years. Its a disgrace anyone would let that man fight just to make a quick buck off his name and history.

Evander, please retire for good. You have half your life to live yet. Don't ruin it for some daydream of returning to former glory.

I agree Sothron. I remember in the little hometown I grew up in there was a guy who would walk the streets mumbling to himself kinda stooped over. Every now and then he would stop and do a little of what looked like practice inside punching (fists close to his chest). I asked my mom what was he doing and I remember her saying something like "that's old Tom...he's harmless...he's punch drunk". At the time I thought she meant he'd just been drinking - later I realized it was because he had boxed for too long and his brain was muddled.

It'll be a shame if that happens to Evander.

• Moderators

Quote:

It'll be a shame if that happens to Evander.

The man is a multimillionaire; had his ear bit off; hasn't been seriously competitive in literally years and still won't retire. He is well on his way there, sadly.

what dignity? Holyfield is an idiot, and a hypocrite. I wish he would disappear because he gives Atlantans and Americans a bad name. The guy goes around talking about nothing but Jesus all the time, and has illegitimate kids left and right. I hate hypocrites.

I can't imagine them giving him his license, but if they do he'll get destroyed. You can tell that he's one of those guys who will box until he dies if they let him.