• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is Harrington offered so little?

Bulldog

Nene $10m per year, even Wilcox and Gooden have got around $9m per year in their big deals... but Harrington who averaged 18.6, 6.9 and 3.1 plus over a steal a game and basically improved his game every year of his 8 years in the league and the best he can get is a four-year contract worth $35.3 million at under $9m per year??? I dont get it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Nene is way way way overpaid. One of the worst contracts ever because he never did anything to deserve it. Contracts are getting out of control. Its good that so many teams are over the cap now. Maybe a little more control will be made with making contracts with players. Harrington is a victim of that. Honestly he should not be getting 10 mil either. A contract worth 7 million is what he is worth as are a lot of players that are getting way too much. Hopfully this will start a new trend of resonable contracts.

Quote:

Quote:

That is why he will make much less than a defensive big like Nene.

Who we could have had if we had taken the Nene/Watson deal before the deadline.

Denver would not have been able sign him to that contract if we had traded for him. they would have been over the cap. shocked.gif

that would have set off an entirely different chain of events. would anyone have took a flyer on Nene at that kind of money? probably not. If Denver were to do it they'd have to go right back through us to do so.

Quote:

Denver would not have been able sign him to that contract if we had traded for him. they would have been over the cap.

that would have set off an entirely different chain of events. would anyone have took a flyer on Nene at that kind of money? probably not. If Denver were to do it they'd have to go right back through us to do so.

if we had traded for Nene he most likely wouldn't have gotten any offers at all. The only teams in position to offer Nene a big deal would have been Chicago and NOK.

What incentive would they have to make Nene an offer when they know we would have matched anyway. And they obviously had other plans.

Quote:

Quote:

Denver would not have been able sign him to that contract if we had traded for him. they would have been over the cap.

if we had traded for Nene he most likely wouldn't have gotten any offers at all. The only teams in position to offer Nene a big deal would have been Chicago and NOK.

What incentive would they have to make Nene an offer when they know we would have matched anyway. And they obviously had other plans.

Yep. Nene would have been roaly screwed like Al. Don't think our owners would have signed him. They would have signed and traded him to someone for a lottery protected 2009 pick. We would have Watson instead of Speedy. At least that would have given BK more reasons to take Sheldon and pass up Roy/Foye. Whats new?

When Rahim,Robinson, JT, Theo were here and we were all so excited in this forum and bitched at Ford for thinking we suck. We thought he was surely wrong then. Well, looks like he is right again. Hawks are Hawks.

Denver was definitely looking to dumb Watson, who is roughly comparable to Speedy although I would probably prefer Watson for his size and D.

However even if the deal was Nene/filler that would be looking good right now.

Quote:

I'm just saying that there's a reason that the market for Al isn't so high

Which just so happens to be the same thing I was saying in january. That is why trading him before the deadline made so much sense.

I'm not disagreeing at this point. I also wanted to deal Al for Nene. However, when the deadline passed and Al stayed I felt like:

-I wasn't worried about Al leaving without a SNT

-We could probably get better value for a re-signed Al

Looks like I was right on the first point and wrong on the second.

• Premium Member

I disagree. Harrington is offered so little because our business is in the streets. We can't offer more than a 4 year deal.. Well guess what, Indy offers a 4 year deal...We don't want to take back contracts.. Well guess what, we're getting ending deals and TEs..

I don't think it has much to do with actual play. If Al were Kobe in the same condition, we'd see the same deals.