List all of the Trade Offers the Hawks recieve

WraithSentinel

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

Are you really this stupid, or do you just play a stupid person on the internet?

...condescend, act so cowardly in response to your own statements or do you just play a...person on the internet?

Just curious because that would make you the worst potential MD ever.

Really KB, you can only do 1 of 3 things. Lie, strawman, or flip-flop. That's all I've seen from you in over a year. Like the team's rebuilding effort it's dissappointing more than upsetting. Some time ago you had character. Now you are one.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Yeah. I can actually write orders and tell you what to do.

...because calling you on your lies, strawmen, and flip-flops is so easy and comes so naturally.

KB, you are the last person to point a finger at anyone not having their own thoughts, ideas, and opinions. If BK doesn't tell you what to think...you don't.

KB, who never reads my posts according to him, lies again.

It's still considered a step up for you.

"Yes master, you are a liar, flip-flopper, and strawman." I like this kind of mind control. Keep it coming KB. Perhaps next you'll have me calling you an idiot.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

Are you really this stupid, or do you just play a stupid person on the internet?

Take it down a notch. He is not arguing that Nene should have gotten $12M or that he should have been paid like Lorenzen. In boiled down form, his argument is that if Atlanta acquired Nene there wouldn't be anyone who could sign him outright for more than the $9M/year or so that he thinks would be reasonable for Nene since he is a 23 year old big man with promise and some history of performance.

You need to step up your criticism because right now it is truly tackling stawmen.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Man you can't be this clueless.

Please, exodus, I could quote the CBA to you.

Quote:

If the Hawks had Nene THEY WOULDN'T BE LOOKING FOR SNT DEALS. They would be trying to resign him. Therefore any team over the cap would be out of the market.

You mean like Denver, huh? The same team that received a discount of a $50M+ contract for a player that has barely been on the floor the past two seasons?

KB is right, Nene's agent wouldn't have allowed him to re-sign with the Hawks for cheap, just as he didn't let Denver get a discount. $60M is Nene's market value.

You can whine all you want about theoretical trades, but Nene wasn't coming cheaply.

• Premium Member

I dawned on me that I should explain this b/c it will go over some heads here.

If the Hawks had Nene, they would have to either:

1. Offer him close to market value (what other teams are willing to offer him, including those over the cap).

-or-

2. Let him sign the qualifying offer and lose him the next season.

You CAN'T lowball players who are in high demand. Since Nene had ~ a dozen teams interested in him, he (i.e., his agent) was in control. Even with his injury issues, he wouldn't have taken a lowball offer.

$60M is his market value.

Which is a shame. It's almost laughable that Nene can get $60 million on the open market, yet the Hawks get more production at almost a third of the cost with Zaza Pachulia.

Denver will be trying to unload that contract within two years, but Isiah Thomas won't be around to trade for it.

Quote:

Quote:

Take it down a notch. He is not arguing that Nene should have gotten $12M or that he should have been paid like Lorenzen. In boiled down form, his argument is that if Atlanta acquired Nene there wouldn't be anyone who could sign him outright for more than the $9M/year or so that he thinks would be reasonable for Nene since he is a 23 year old big man with promise and some history of performance.

You need to step up your criticism because right now it is truly tackling stawmen.

from what i can tell nobody can stand the guy. it's rapidly becoming not about the basketball anymore.

The fact is, Nene would have gotten his money one way or another, and the Hawks wouldn't be the team giving it to him. What good does it do for the Hawks to have Nene sign a one year tender and leave after his only season in a Hawks jersey? What benefit would the Hawks have gotten had they pulled a sign and trade for Nene and took back bad contracts just to be able to match what Nene's market value was, no matter how ridiculous his market value was?

Not only are we talking about a player that is coming off an ACL injury, we are talking about a player that couldn't jump, rebound, or block shots before his injury. He is not worth what his market value turned out to be. Denver will find that out in a couple of years, when the combination of his contract along with Kenyon Martin's contract keeps them from being able to make the moves to get the role players they need to really become a force in the west.

Exodus obviously thinks that trading for Nene at the deadline is better than getting a guaranteed mid-first round pick/possible late lottery pick. That does nothing but scream that we should have traded for Nene AND signed him to what his market value dictated.

Quote:

The fact is, Nene would have gotten his money one way or another, and the Hawks wouldn't be the team giving it to him. What good does it do for the Hawks to have Nene sign a one year tender and leave after his only season in a Hawks jersey? What benefit would the Hawks have gotten had they pulled a sign and trade for Nene and took back bad contracts just to be able to match what Nene's market value was, no matter how ridiculous his market value was?

Not only are we talking about a player that is coming off an ACL injury, we are talking about a player that couldn't jump, rebound, or block shots before his injury. He is not worth what his market value turned out to be. Denver will find that out in a couple of years, when the combination of his contract along with Kenyon Martin's contract keeps them from being able to make the moves to get the role players they need to really become a force in the west.

Exodus obviously thinks that trading for Nene at the deadline is better than getting a guaranteed mid-first round pick/possible late lottery pick. That does nothing but scream that we should have traded for Nene AND signed him to what his market value dictated.

The Hawks owe Denver big-time for steping up and offering Kenyon a max deal. If not for that, he would have taken the max deal the Hawks offered and this franchise would be saddled with that albatross of a contract.

Whew!

Quote:

KB is right, Nene's agent wouldn't have allowed him to re-sign with the Hawks for cheap, just as he didn't let Denver get a discount. $60M is Nene's market value.

You can whine all you want about theoretical trades, but Nene wasn't coming cheaply.

Maybe you should re-read your own post. Let me repost part of it for you.

Quote:

(this was before the court decision), the Bulls were interested (if they struck out on Wallace, Nene was next) and we were called for sign & trades by 9 teams, each of whom would have given him a Dampier contract

You said yourself what his market value was. You said several teams over the cap were willing to pay him Dampier money. You said nothing about any team paying him $12 million per year.

You also said Nene was Chicago's second choice behind Ben Wallace. We all assumed, and Denver probably did too, that Wallace would resign with the Pistons. That would mean that Chicago would come after Nene hard.

However it turns out that Chicago signed Wallace and therefore weren't interested in Nene.

NOK was the other team that could reasonably be expected to make a big offer for Nene, which your article doesn't even mention. All it talks about is other teams willing to pay Dampier money, WHICH IS OVER $2 MILLION/YR LESS THAN NENE SIGNED FOR.

Teams over the cap couldn't bid on Nene anyway, and if they were all looking to pay him $9-10 million per year, and nobody was willing/able to pay more, why would the Hawks have to pay him $12 million per year?

Your logic makes absolutely no sense.

Quote:

Quote:

He gets $60 million from Denver, and he's going to settle for what we gave Lorenzen Wright in Atlanta.

I wonder how many strawmen he can string together. He could set a Hawksquawk record (if he hasn't already).

When you do "(Movie) III" you have to do: "(Movie) III: Die Darkman Die"

It's the only way to do the joke.

(Movie) II can be done as either (Movie) II: On the Move or (Movie) II: Electric Boogaloo.

LOL . . . hilarious thread.

Save this for December, when everyone can see how Nene is playing.

Personally, I would've done the Nene/Watson for Al deal . . if it was legit. With all of the trade rumors going around the past 8 months about Harrington, it's hard to distinguish between fact and fiction.

Having said that, I would've had a hard time paying Nene anything over 7 million per year, seeing that he was still hurt at the time.

And while KB's arguments float all over the place, he does make a good point about Nene.

His 10 ppg and 6 - 7 rebounds isn't necessarily earth shattering. And while he is a good defender, he's not exactly one of the top 5 defensive big men in the league. He may not even be in the top 10.

So the question goes back to this? Do we bring on a bad contract for a player that may or may not help us?

If healthy, I Nene would help us this year, and we probably don't have any need for Lorenzen Wright. LOL . . but I still believe that we would've went after Shelden, just to make the interior that much stronger.

But if he's still gimpy and has lost a 1/2 step, a player like that could cripple us financially for years to come. He'd become the new Theo Ratliff.

• Premium Member

Quote:

if Atlanta acquired Nene there wouldn't be anyone who could sign him outright for more than the $9M/year or so that he thinks would be reasonable for Nene since he is a 23 year old big man with promise and some history of performance.

This whole thread is just enough case of Ex arguing for the sake of arguing.

He readily admits that N.O. had the money to sign Nene outright.

If Nene would have been available, I think N.O. would have gone ahead and gotten him... PERIOD.

The Hawks would have been forced to match a high deal for a player who is not worthy.

Quote:

If Nene would have been available,
I think
N.O. would have gone ahead and gotten him... PERIOD.

Well that settles it, NOK would have definitely made a big offer to Nene. I mean WHEN HAS DIESEL EVER BEEN WRONG?

This is the same guy that argued ad nauseum that Nene was unrestricted.

FYI the above quote is known as an assumption.