NBA players again prove that they suck.

Plainview1981

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

haha, you're a clown sometimes, I swear. 7-1, boy they really suck. The gap between you and reality is several miles wide.

Oh come off it. The NBA players are the self proclaimed best... They get paid all the money, but they get their @sses kicked by these guys.

Why don't they prove their the best? Getting Broze don't make you the best. Sorry to say.

The NBA players look good in the NBA because the league has crappy rules and poor referee's that allow players to get away with travels.

I'm right and your wrong here. That's all there is to it.

Quote:

haha, you're a clown sometimes, I swear. 7-1, boy they really suck. The gap between you and reality is several miles wide.

it's funny LeBron opened his mouth:

Quote:

It was around then that James told his teammates on the bench: "They don't know what to do."

James proceeded to take it up the @ss in the end. Maybe he'll learn how to play defense one day.

LeBron needs to learn that he isn't half the player that he thinks he is. If the NBA was about real basketball he wouldn't look half as good as he does.

it's so funny that he opened his mouth and said "They don't know what to do" and then it turns out that the USA team don't know what to do on defense.

I hope they lose the next match and LeBron has a really bad game.

yeah Joe's average shooting was very weird. He did everything else well though, and played the best D on the squad. The US team drove me nuts today. No clue what to do on the pick and roll. Then they start firing 3s left and right when they probably would have won if they just went for 2s instead. Very frustrating. Still, they're getting closer.

Quote:

yeah Joe's average shooting was very weird. He did everything else well though, and played the best D on the squad. The US team drove me nuts today. No clue what to do on the pick and roll. Then they start firing 3s left and right when they probably would have won if they just went for 2s instead. Very frustrating. Still, they're getting closer.

I wonder what Lebron was thinking after he opened his mouth and then had it shut for him.

Quote:

so a guy said something when he was up, who cares? (if it's even true)

You only seem to enjoy misery and failure.

He was talking about how clueless they were... when it fact that it was HIM that was really clueless.

I don't enjoy the league's manufactured "superstars". The example can be seen in the Wade as the refs manufactured Wade's heroic efforts in the finals.

That's probably a part of it.... Wade and LeBron James are so used to refs giving them most everything that they just expect it and don't know what to do when they're not given calls they don't deserve.

Quote:

The basketball used in international competition is smaller than the one used in the NBA. That may be a reason for the US shooting problems from long range.

I didn't realize that...I knew it looks different but figured it was the same size. Plus the lane is different and they actually call travelling in the International game.

Still, I could understand losing to the old Soviet Union when they had a state supported team and a HUGE country to recruit from...but Greece? I realize they are a good team and the Euro leagues provide quality competition for the non-NBA players these days...but Greece?

Do we get to play for the Bronze?

While I'm not as extreme in my disappointment with the NBA players as Hot is, I do have to say that it is more obvious now than ever that our league is just simply out of touch with what basketball fundamentals is about. I fully expected this team to eventually lose. The original dream team would have spanked any competition on earth with relative ease. The NBA now is a much lower quality product when it comes to b-ball IQ. It's sounds over-simplistic to say it but it's more about style over substance....generally speaking ofcourse. There are exceptions, though. Personally, I think JJ should have been on the floor more than I think he was.

Quote:

While I'm not as extreme in my disappointment with the NBA players as Hot is, I do have to say that it is more obvious now than ever that our league is just simply out of touch with what basketball fundamentals is about. I fully expected this team to eventually lose. The original dream team would have spanked any competition on earth with relative ease. The NBA now is a much lower quality product when it comes to b-ball IQ. It's sounds over-simplistic to say it but it's more about style over substance....generally speaking ofcourse. There are exceptions, though. Personally, I think JJ should have been on the floor more than I think he was.

Your avatar is funny. grin.gif

I read just the other day that it was a different size. I couldn't find the link though.

I guess it makes sense because they use the metric system.Why would they conform to our size?

Officially the FIBA basketball's circumference is between 749mm and 780mm (size 7, whatever that means). The weight is between 567g and 650g.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/en/aboutfiba/downloads/rules.asp

I don't even know the size of an official basketball here.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I didn't realize that...I knew it looks different but figured it was the same size.

That's my understanding also. I believe it's the same size, justa different grip.

I think it is smaller.

Quote:

The ball used in international basketball tournaments is slightly smaller than the standard NBA ball, measuring 29 inches (roughly a half-inch less) in circumference. It's one of many small differences between FIBA basketball and NBA or NCAA basketball.