• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How many Atlanta teams are you a fan of?

Plainview1981

I'm basically an absurdly devout Hawks fan year round (which means posting on forums like this one and reading every possible piece of information about the Hawks or the NBA in general and watching every potential first-round prospect in college just in case the Hawks draft them).

After that I'm a huge Bulldogs football fan and a pretty big Tech basketball fan (my Dad and Grandad went to Tech and I was raised to be a Tech fan, but then I ended up going to Georgia and discovering that it was far superior to Tech in every way...but as of yet I can't quite kick my Tech basketball habit).

I also really like the Falcons and watch all their games, but I'm not obsessive about it like I am with the Hawks.

I'll tune in for a game or two to watch the Braves lose in the playoffs, but that's about it. I'm actually a much bigger fan of the UFC and Pride Fighting than I am of baseball.

The only thing I know about hockey is that it takes up precious time between basketball and football highlights on SportsCenter.

Born (1968) and raised in Atlanta, so I support all the hometown pro-teams. I actually have an Atlanta Flames banner that my mom got me in the mid-70s. It hangs in my office here at home. I roted for the Braves every year that I can remember. I got a lot of crap on the campus of UGA when I was an undergrad for wearing a Braves cap. My girlfriend at UGA would give me grief about supporting the Falcons, esp when we would routinely get our butts kicked by her NY Giants (she was from NYC). And of course I pulled for the Hawks.

I learned a lot about hockey while living in New England, so I have really become a big Thrasher fan. Hockey is really a great sport and its even better in person than it is on tv. In fact, I would say hockey is the worst tv game of the big four. With football being the best for tv.

hawks and falcons im a big fan and i try to watch as many games as possible. of course, its easier to watch falcons games (more TV exposure).

i keep up with the braves (check scores for every game) but watch too much. as far as COMPLETE GAMES are concerned, i prob watch fewer than 10 games per season. but in the postseason, i try to watch all of them.

Straight Homer. Watched a lot of Dolphins games growing up though. That always seemed to be the other game here. Dan Marino was my favorite player as a kid. Went to his last game here and watched the Falcons roll in that magic season of 98'. He had one of his few rushing touchdowns ever. I live and breathe ATL. Except the Thrashers.

All ATL teams, baby! I haven't lived in ATL for 4 yrs, and I'm in Durham now, but I can't bring myself to pull for the Bobcats, Panthers, or Hurricanes that people go crazy about up here. We share divisions with most of those teams, so they are rivals. I'll always be an ATL fan after 21 yrs in GA.

Falcons

Hawks

Braves

Thrashers

Ga TECH

Woot!

• Moderators

Quote:

I'm basically an absurdly devout Hawks fan year round (which means posting on forums like this one and reading every possible piece of information about the Hawks or the NBA in general and watching every potential first-round prospect in college just in case the Hawks draft them).

After that I'm a huge Bulldogs football fan and a pretty big Tech basketball fan (my Dad and Grandad went to Tech and I was raised to be a Tech fan, but then I ended up going to Georgia and discovering that it was far superior to Tech in every way...but as of yet I can't quite kick my Tech basketball habit).

I also really like the Falcons and watch all their games, but I'm not obsessive about it like I am with the Hawks.

I'll tune in for a game or two to watch the Braves lose in the playoffs, but that's about it.

Through this part - we are remarkably alike. I do enjoy catching an occassional Thrashers game on the TV or radio, though, and follow them in the print media/internet.

I pretty well follow all the Atlanta teams.

Basketball: Hawks. Used to be a Knicks and Hawks fans but have given up on the Knicks. Still my second favorite team but a distant second. College ball I'm a Syracuse Orangemen fan

Football: The NY Giants. Probably love them more than the Hawks but don't get to see them as much. Don't watch much college football but root for UGA and Tech.

Baseball: NY Mets. Don't really watch much baseball but growing up in New Jersey in the mid-eighties as a kid. When Dwight Gooden and Darryl Strawberry hit the scene that was all she wrote. New Jersey is funny in that the Northern parts usually support New York teams and the Southern part usually supports Philadelphia teams.

Hockey: Don't watch it much but root for Devils and Thrashers.

you've just gotta support the home teams right?

football: never really like to play football. maybe i'm too small? 5"9 160 pounds. i did like to play corner but never really good at it. not really nfl fan though. i'll still watch football but only on monday. of course i watch the falcons

hockey: never really a hockey fan but i remember i did miss the sport somehow that years when nhl was on strike. i don't know

baseball: braves are my favorite sports team and favorite sport to play. still not recover from that strike year so i never really follow the major league. maybe i never really like to watch the sports

basketball: i love the play and watch basketball. i used to love the hawks. but when my favorite player, Dominique Wilkins got traded. i got mad(i was young, 15) and switched team(a little bit pacers and lots of jazz, i love the way the jazz played). then when karl malone signed with the lakers(i hate the lakers) and stockton retired. i "forgave" the hawks and switched back, boy that's a bad bad time right? we never win since.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Well, for me I'd say just the Hawks 100%.

I watch the Braves because there always on... When I'm around my dad I see alittle of the BUlldogs games from time to time... I was a Braves fan from about 1991-1994. I sort of root for the Falcons behind Tennessee.

Well, I am a UT Alum so they come first. Been a Brave, Falcon, and Hawks fan all my life. I live in TN but still root for the Falcons, can't get totally into the Titans. I'm a Steve Bartkowski and William Andrew fan from the past.