• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks bad trend - BORING BASKETBALL

macdaddy

• Moderators

I can handle losing, turnovers, bad shooting. But it was just plain boring. I was anticipating this? The first step in respectability is competing in every game. The next step is winning. We are trying to skip the first.

Its just one game. We need to be more physical. If we don't have a showing in the second game then I'll be pissed.

Quote:

I can handle losing, turnovers, bad shooting. But it was just plain boring. I was anticipating this? The first step in respectability is competing in every game. The next step is winning. We are trying to skip the first.

Its just one game. We need to be more physical. If we don't have a showing in the second game then I'll be pissed.

The only times I really got jacked up was seeing Zaza play. He made the game watchable.

Well, it's boring when the outside shots aren't falling. Realistically we were primarily a perimeter oriented team last year - and we may be even more-so this year.

Al was our best post option last year, he's gone and the bigs we brought in for depth look like they are rebounding/defense/stickback type guys...not creators down low. We can't be a real "running team" because we don't have a dominant rebounder and too many of our guys have suspect handles in the open court.

So we will live and die out by the 3-point line (IMO). When our shooters are hot we will be fine (or at least competitive)...but there will be some real ugly games when we're not - especially on the road (ex: last night).

Things should be a bit more balanced when Marvin gets healthy. Neither he or JChill have true post games but at least they slash to the basket every now and then in the halfcourt offense.

• Premium Member

True, the team is kinda boring, especially in light of the fact that they were dubbed the "Highlight Factory" before the game. But the fact that they looked just as bad as they did last season is what's really dissapointing to me. I know it's just the first game, but I've seen this all before. The lack of chemistry, bad defense, and clueless offensive possessions were the same problems this team had last season. To see ABSOLUTELY no improvement in any of these areas is very telling of the kind of coaching staff the Hawks have right now. There seems to be no player development going on, and that's inexcusable for a team that depends excusively on its young players. Where's Childress' jumpshot? Smoove's ballhandling? These things have been issues for these players since they were drafted and yet we see little to no improvement. What gives? All of the youg guys on this team seem talented and athletic enough to do quite well in this league, but I get a feeling that they will never reach their potential....at least not as Hawks. There are still some other proven coaching options out there: Adelman, Van Gundy, and heck even Paul Silas that I feel can come in and improve the team right away. I love this team and have been a fan for quite some time, but I can no longer look at this team, including the coaching as well as management decisions, with the rose colored glasses that others seem to have. confused.gif