• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who goes when Marvin comes back?

capstone21

we have 12 players active and 3 inactive at any point, per nba rules...

speedy/lue/jj/chill/marvin/smoove/shelden/zaza/lo are 100% givens

so 3 spots left...

bozeman/frieje/slim/solomon/batman/ivey

right now we are having batman/ivey/marvin inactive

once marvin comes back, one of bozeman/frieje/slim/solomon has to go inactive

therefore, ivey/batman should NOT be options on this poll as they are already inactive

this poll should be between bozeman/frieje/slim/solomon...the only 4 that could go inactive for marvin (assuming everyone stays healthy)

i'd think they'll take solomon off and send him to nbdl to get more experience...but who knows how well those 3 will play between now and when marvin comes back...frieje could easily be the guy as well

i think bozeman will stay as 3rd string pg/sg as long as he continues to play well

I wouldn't be surprised to see Soloman Jones get sent to the NBDL. He needs to play somewhere and develop. And although he did play very well that one time, I don't think he is slated to get regular time and would be mostly only a bench sitter.

He could get called up later in the season if necessary.

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Soloman Jones get sent to the NBDL. He needs to play somewhere and develop. And although he did play very well that one time, I don't think he is slated to get regular time and would be mostly only a bench sitter.

He could get called up later in the season if necessary.

I pretty much agree. But since he wasn't on the ballot, I voted Salim because I think there is a real chance that a trade may be in the works. I'm not big-anti-Salim...but it just seems logical, what with him getting such minimal minutes. It could be the best for both him and the Hawks.

Lip service has been given to the up-tempo running game by Hawks management, but I think we are looking more like a more athletic Pistons-type team. That's fine with me. Hawks management may have hoped for Salim to be another Vinny microwave, but it doesn't seem to be working out.

Salim has NO trade value other than a future 2ndround pick. I would just hold on to him till the end of the year. Then if we need to package him with our Indy pick and try to move up a few slots. Bozeman or Freije will probably get waived when Marvin comes back. Yes they have been playing well but Ivey & Batista have those guareenteed deals for this year.

Quote:

Salim has NO trade value other than a future 2ndround pick. I would just hold on to him till the end of the year. Then if we need to package him with our Indy pick and try to move up a few slots. Bozeman or Freije will probably get waived when Marvin comes back. Yes they have been playing well but Ivey & Batista have those guareenteed deals for this year.

Earth to Blunt91, no one will be waived. With Marvin 15 we have on the roster. The solution is simple, Solomon will be inactive for playing time in the NDBL. Batista may join Solomon for court minutes. The value for Ivey and Batista are their team experience and practice strength. An injury will afford Ivey or Esteban active without travel back from the NDBL. So Solomon travels for PT, Royal and Esteban stay for practice and insurance.

No one gets waived.

P.S. Bozeman stays forever.

Quote:

again, Ivey CANNOT go because he already has!

ivey/batman are in suits along with Marvin

those are our 3 non-active players right now

when marvin comes back, he will have to replace an ACTIVE player

that means that it'll be from bozeman/slim/frieje/solomon

period.

So really it comes down to Slim and Freije. I think Freije right now would be just as effective wigging out on the bench in street clothes smile.gif But in all fairness it SHOULD be Salim that gets deactivated I guess.

• Moderators

Quote:

Freije has missed open jumpers so far but from what I hear he's pretty deadly from long range. He may just be nervous right now. If he starts knocking those down then that's a great weapon off the bench. Maybe a lessor version of Robert Horry.

Matt Bullard and Scott Padget are two more realistic comparisons, IMO.

Speaking of Matt Bullard; anybody remember the game when he went abolutely nuts, hitting jump shots from everywhere. I think it was aginst Houston or San Antone. Man, that reminds me of a shooting display that Sir Henry James put on not too long after.

i would agree that solomon will be sent down for playing time. while salim has not played much so far, i did notice that woody put him in for the last play in regulation against cleveland, definitely a crucial spot. shows to me woody has confidence in him.

im glad to see boze and fridge getting the minutes, but id like to see esteban and royal and salim get a little exposure to see what they learned over the summer.