• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Salim Pout-amire

codyatl

If I were Mike Woodson I would leave his selfish azz on the bench. I am tired of seeing him sit on his but and NEVER smile or give any indication he actually cares about this team. I am not sure why he isn't playing but there is a reason and he must learn his lesson or continue to sit there. If he doesn't learn his lesson i would not trade him either. I would put him on inactive list until he could walk via free agency.

• Moderators

I'm not a big fan of Salim but the only 'lesson' he's learning is 'i got to get out of Atlanta'

The problem is just like with Delk. No one is going to trade for a guy who never plays and will get released anyway. If he is useless then fine but if he has talent he should be getting some minutes to prove what he can do.

LOL @ cody. Have you ever played an ORGANIZED TEAM SPORT before? If you have, you'd understand fully why Salim is in the dumps.

Last year, he was a key cog off the bench and contributed on a nightly basis until he got hurt at the end of the year.

This year, the Hawks bring in 2 guards that can replace him, and he's relegated to being a "cheerleader" on the bench.

The problem with fans, is that they expect their players to be robots. They expect Salim to just be happy to be on the team, and cheer like nothing is wrong.

LOL @ that.

He's a competitor and he wants to play. Unfortunately for him, he has 2 guys in front of him who are better defenders and ball handlers ( Speedy and Boze ). And another guy in front of him who is a better ball handler and a better offensive player ( Lue ). Plus he has a combo SG/SF getting minutes at the 2 as well ( Childress ).

You see this all the time in sports . . and it has nothing to do with being "selfish". It has everything to do with "wanting to play".

From Woody . . in talking about Bozeman:

"He's a guy with all the intangibles," . . . "The guy can defend, and that's the thing that excited me. He's a big guy that can defend three positions, handles the ball well enough to make point-guard plays. I've told him to run our offense and play hard. And he's done that. He's been good for us. The reason why I started him is that I have trust and faith in him and what he can do. We're not playing him big minutes but they're very productive minutes."

That fact alone doesn't bode well for Salim, because he doesn't have nearly the versatility that Boze does.

Plus . . . Woody doesn't have time to play favorites on this team. If he got out to a slow start, his job would probably be on the line. So he has to put the best group of players out on the floor, in order to win games.

We have enough offense. Boze provides defense. And since Salim will never become a better defender than Boze, he's out the loop right now.

I don't think it was anything Salim did. I think he's just a victim of circumstance. The fact that he can't even get time with Speedy out, speaks volumes about how good Boze is to the team, and how well Lue has been playing offensively.

Right now I think Salim just doesn't do enough to make up for his mistakes, especially because JJ, Lue, and Chill are all clearly better than him, and Bozeman is a better defender and doesn't hurt us with turnovers and forced shots.

As for Salim's attitude, it's OK to be unhappy...no one is saying he should be thrilled about what's happening. But it's unprofessional to show it so demonstratively.

Quote:

Right now I think Salim just doesn't do enough to make up for his mistakes, especially because JJ, Lue, and Chill are all clearly better than him, and Bozeman is a better defender and doesn't hurt us with turnovers and forced shots.

As for Salim's attitude, it's OK to be unhappy...no one is saying he should be thrilled about what's happening. But it's unprofessional to show it so demonstratively.

I have been next to and across the bench. I have watched the three games on the road. I have not seen demonstrative unprofessional actions.

I think it folly to expect him or anyone to smile or behave as you want. Especially when you no not his personality or makeup. I know people who just Look Like a sour puss, not apt to just smile.

If Salim was so much on the doghouse as youse suppose, he would be in a suit.

Salim just doesn't smile enough for youse. His game face is a scowl and there is nothing wrong with that.

Yes, I have played all my life and I am a head football coach, so i think that qualifies me to say what i did. laugh at me all you want but as a caoch the last thing you want is someone siiting on the sidelines pouting, for whatever the reason. Do you not understand that team morale is very important for chemistry which is 1 reason we are playing so much better this year, we have chemistry. Salim is doing nothing to help himself by not being involved during games. I understand he is a competitor who wants to play BUT that doesn't mean you sit and pout when you don't play. Team players do what they are asked to do, PERIOD, to help the team win. If that is to sit and chear and motivate your teamates form the sideline then you do that unitl your time comes to play. Its a long season and I am sure that he will get his shot. But for now i would liek to see him at least act as if he gives a damn about this teams hot start.

Quote:

LOL @ cody. Have you ever played an ORGANIZED TEAM SPORT before? If you have, you'd understand fully why Salim is in the dumps.

Last year, he was a key cog off the bench and contributed on a nightly basis until he got hurt at the end of the year.

This year, the Hawks bring in 2 guards that can replace him, and he's relegated to being a "cheerleader" on the bench.

The problem with fans, is that they expect their players to be robots. They expect Salim to just be happy to be on the team, and cheer like nothing is wrong.

LOL @ that.

He's a competitor and he wants to play. Unfortunately for him, he has 2 guys in front of him who are better defenders and ball handlers ( Speedy and Boze ). And another guy in front of him who is a better ball handler and a better offensive player ( Lue ). Plus he has a combo SG/SF getting minutes at the 2 as well ( Childress ).

You see this all the time in sports . . and it has nothing to do with being "selfish". It has everything to do with "wanting to play".

"He's a guy with all the intangibles," . . . "The guy can defend, and that's the thing that excited me. He's a big guy that can defend three positions, handles the ball well enough to make point-guard plays. I've told him to run our offense and play hard. And he's done that. He's been good for us. The reason why I started him is that I have trust and faith in him and what he can do. We're not playing him big minutes but they're very productive minutes."

That fact alone doesn't bode well for Salim, because he doesn't have nearly the versatility that Boze does.

you could have cut out the crap on top of

From Woody....... talking about Bozeman:

and your post would have been just as effective.

Quote:

LOL @ that.

I love the word "intangibles". They serve as a good rationalization for starting a point guard with a bad shoulder a bum knee and who only avg 1.7 ppg.

There are a lot of similarities with Delk and I don't know that we got a reasonable explanation about him.

There is a big difference between not being happy about the bench and dealing with it professionally. Salim has a lot to learn about the latter. His coach at AZ tried to teach him . . . . . .

There are no explanations. I'll try though. Salim doesn't play because of the D. Tony didn't play because Woody thought he was over the hill. Same with Jon Barry. Both guys could have contributed and we maybe could have put some wins together. That would have stunted our younger players growth. But Al took 20 shots a game? How did that help? Woody is over his head. Period.