• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looks like were about to sign Dijon Thompson

gutz

Woody said were about to start signing some guys to 10day contracts and the first is Bozeman's former teammate from UCLA Dijon Thompson from NBDL. Averaging 20pts and 9rb. right now.

We're trying to bring some guys in on 10-days [contracts] and see if we can't jump-start this thing," Hawks coach Mike Woodson said. "It's not a knock on Boze. We knew what he could bring to the table. He has a future in our league. But I think he needs to go somewhere he can play. It just won't happen just sitting. The next guy we bring in is going to play.

"We have to start experimenting with the 10th,11th, 12th and 13th guy and see if we can't identify a guy who has fallen through the cracks."

The Hawks have three point guards in Claxton, Tyronn Lue and third-year man Royal Ivey, who started 66 games at the point last season. Ivey didn't play early in the season but has since regained his spot in the rotation.

But there is still a hole in the rotation, with starting forward Josh Smith out for at least three more weeks after hernia surgery. That's where Bozeman's former UCLA teammate, Dijon Thompson, could enter the picture. The Hawks may sign him to a 10-day contract as early as Friday.

Thompson made the Phoenix Suns' roster as a rookie but was later assigned to the

NBDL, where he starred for the Albuquerque Thunderbirds. He went to training camp with Golden State in October but was released before the exhibition season ended.

Thompson, a 6-8, 215-pound forward, is currently the sixth-leading scorer (20.3) in the D-League and also averages 9.3 rebounds and 4.0 assists for the Thunderbirds.

http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/ha...hawksnotes.html

Guest Walter

Quote:

We're trying to bring some guys in on 10-days [contracts] and see if we can't jump-start this thing," Hawks coach Mike Woodson said...
The next guy we bring in is going to play

That's how you tank! At least try and get something else out of it. Develop a player, see what your bigs have to offer, maybe even send a message to a few supposed prospects. BTW, nothing like another 6'8" forward to the roster.

W

Quote:

"We have to start experimenting with the 10th,11th, 12th and 13th guy and see if we can't identify a guy who has fallen through the cracks."

Crap. Isn't this kind of like going through your neighbors trash can to find something useful? Maybe we ought to be the Atlanta Hobos - - at least Woody looks the part.

Quote:

It's good to see that we are doing something. To do nothing would be to take steps backward. We sorely miss Smooves offense and hopefully Dijon has something to contribute.

Dude, if this guy can beat out Marvin and Childress for minutes this team is in trouble. Not a good sign.

Quote:

...The next guy we bring in is going to play...

I really think this is just lipservice B.S. to play to the fans that the organization is really out there doing things to improve the team.

I think the reality of the situation is that a few 10-day contracts are cheaper than guarranteeing Bozeman's contract for the rest of the year. It's serious penny pinching (IMO).

How many 10 day contract players have turned a losing team into a winning team? This is another example of Woody's inability to recognize our problems and how to correct them. I am surprised more people have not been more upset by this quote. If Woody believes a 10 day contract player is going to "jump start" this franchise into a winning program he has a better chance of winning the megamillions lottery.

Quote:

How many 10 day contract players have turned a losing team into a winning team?

LOL seriously enough with the bums.

Maybe they should do a fan promotion by holding open tryouts for a spot on the Hawks, kind of like a reality show. Couldn't hurt.

Quote:

Maybe they should do a fan promotion by holding open tryouts for a spot on the Hawks, kind of like a reality show. Couldn't hurt.

ya know i was at the gym tonight shooting jumpers by myself and thinking the exact same thing.

heck, i am unstoppable (in pre-game warm-ups)!