• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vick

D.R.P.

Quote:

Arthur Blank and Rich McKay have publically stated NUMEROUS times that they would never acquire Moss or TO.

Both wanted to come here when they were on the market, we could have had them for cheap (in terms of what we'd have to trade for them) if we wanted them.

I could be very wrong but while I remember him clearly saying he wanted nothing to do with TO, I don't remember him mentionning Moss.

Quote:

Quote:

but Vick was still stupid to have the thing in his possession.

that's what's being lost on the BestBuy crowd.

Personally, I think what is making the situation linger is that Vick has never publically said he didn't have drugs on him or that he didn't do anything wrong. That is a PR problem when the perception is to the contrary in the media.

true. i'm suprised Vick hasn't done an interview.

the Superbowl in in Miami this week. they owe the NFL some favors. I'm not a conspiracy guy normally.

Quote:

Quote:

Arthur Blank and Rich McKay have publically stated NUMEROUS times that they would never acquire Moss or TO.

Both wanted to come here when they were on the market, we could have had them for cheap (in terms of what we'd have to trade for them) if we wanted them.

I could be very wrong but while I remember him clearly saying he wanted nothing to do with TO, I don't remember him mentionning Moss.

But if Blank has a problem with Vick's behavior, how in the world is going to deal with Moss who is in a whole different league with the stuff he's been involved with.

But there is a series of stuff that's gone on with Vick that begins to present a picture when you connect the dots. I think they are listening to deals out there and I'd like they trade him.

when's the last time moss was in trouble? Seems like a long time ago.

I agree that Moss would not be high on Blank's list, but if he truly has had it with Vick, who is he going to get? You've got to get great talent, and Moss is certainly that. Perhaps if he's really fed up with Vick he'd see Moss as the lesser of two evils.

Quote:

I think Blank would take heat if he traded for Moss. It would not be a good PR move. On the other hand, there would be a lot of potential with the number one pick.

if you could find the name Michael Vick in a dictionary the definition would read "potential"

what's the point?

Russell? Quinn? a WR as the #1 pick?

this is a no win deal for the Falcs.

Quote:

Quote:

They did say they didn't want Moss at one time. I remember this because Moss actually wanted to come to Atlanta. I remember reading an article about it a while back, I wouldn't know where to find it though.

You are right though he hasn't done anything in a while, but he also didn't produce this past year, which suggests he could have quit on his team.

Plus I remember an interview with him earlier this year and he was saying, "you know, I'm not even worried about football man, I'm just loving life" or something like that, when asked about the Raiders having problems, this was EARLY in the season.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd definitely take a chance on Moss, but not for Vick. It would just completely destroy our cap for the next 5-6 years, not worth it, and a #1 pick in football is nothing compared to a #1 in basketball. Who would we take? Calvin? A qb?

Schaub would be our qb, and we would have just traded for Moss so we don't need Calvin. The #1 really wouldn't do us any good.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

but Vick was still stupid to have the thing in his possession.

How is that stupid? Its about the same thing as someone going to a store and buying sudafed, then someone accuses that person of making Meth. Or someone going to a store and buying a pipe, then being accused of smoking weed with the pipe. Sure its possible, but you can't assume that at all. Maybe Vick just thought that was a neat water bottle and wanted to bring it back to Atl? That would explain why he would be reluctant to give it away since he wanted to keep it. Its just a shame that everyone is jumping to conclusions with this and ripping Vick apart.

It is a little different than a pipe or sudafed since those have legit purposes for which they are intended. They can be used for illegitimate purposes but that isn't their primary purpose. A hidden compartment is primarily intended for sneaking things past security. It can be used for legit purposes but its primary intent is for an illegitimate purpose.

I dont know about you guys but the fact that he had a water bottle with a hidden compartment in it makes me think he had some weed in it at 1 time or another. Go to any "head shop" or "smoke shop" and you will find things like that. shaving cans with secret bottoms and soda cans with secret bottoms in them. I dont know what he had or didnt have but my money is on the fact that he purchased that bottle for a reason....... That being said I dont villify him for using something that is so widespread in the country BUT I do believe he should have some damn common sense and not try to take something like that onto a plane. That was just plain dumb.

January 24, 2007

ATLANTA (AP) -- A security video showing Falcons quarterback Michael Vick surrendering a water bottle to a security screener at Miami International Airport was erased because it would not be needed for evidence.

The Jan. 17 video was part of the investigation into the water bottle with a hidden compartment that an initial police report said contained a "small amount of dark particulate" and an odor consistent with marijuana.

Authorities this week said lab tests showed no evidence of drugs, and the bottle is no longer considered evidence in an investigation. Vick was cleared by police of any wrongdoing.

In a report on its web site, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution said it requested a copy of the video on Jan. 18 from the Miami-Dade Police Department under the state's public records law. Police spokesman Richard Nixon said at the time that police decided they would not release it because it was part of an open investigation.

On Tuesday, after authorities said the case was closed, the newspaper again requested a copy of the video and was told it had been erased.

According to the newspaper, Nixon wrote in an e-mail: "That information was shown to the State Attorney's Office and it was determined by them that no criminal act was committed and no charges were filed. Therefore. this video was deleted from the flash drive since it was not being used in a criminal case."

Nixon confirmed Wednesday to The Associated Press that the flash drive was erased some time this week, and the case was closed.Nixon said he does not know exactly what day and time it was erased.

Quote:

The picture is pretty lame............ But the thiing that disturbs me about this is. The fact that the police destroyed the video of the incident. They probally have something to hide.....

Miami is concerned with dope when it is found in the tons, not micrograms. Small fish to them. In reality it is a misdemeanor anyhow.

Quote:

Those water bottles are everywhere. They are made for runners... When you run, you put your valuables in the water bottle.

No they are not. Some of us have girlfriends. If you go to a Starship you will see the bottles there. How many runners you think go to Starship? They don't sell that bottle at Sports Authority.

Also, the bottle only holds a minimal amount of water.

What runner brings crap to put in a hidden compartment bottle? None of them.

Your argument is destroyed. No evidence. Tell us all where we can buy these "running bottles".

• Admin

I assumed and I STILL assume he had weed in the bottle. I'm not stupid, I know damned well what those bottles are for. The people that say "they're for valuables" are either naive or trying to cover [censored] up. Mike obviously didn't have valuables in it or he would have opened it up and taken them out before tossing it.

I have no vendetta against Mike, as I said before. I could care less if he smokes up 10 times a day. But again, I'm not naive or stupid. As I said from the start, regardless of what was in the bottle, they NEVER would have pinned it on Mike. Given the circumstances any half competent lawyer would have eaten them alive and they would have looked like fools for once again, trying to harass an innocent athlete. So it was dropped and the evidence disposed of. Even though legally they are required to keep that evidence for a lot longer than they did.

Somebody phone in a favor for Mike and I'm as pleased about that as anyone because I want to see him running Petrino's offense next year.