I know it's been said, but it's sickening...

ATL_BALLER

...to realize that the Suns - the best team in the league - are going to get our prime prospect. The one lottery we want to be in - we're not. UGH.

I swear, the Suns are an exact inverse image of our sad franchise:

-They run

-They're exciting

-Franchise PG to set up their athletes

-Great ownership/coaching/front office

-Winning culture

When they have an off-year, they grab Amare. We draft Chill & Marvin & Shelden (no disrespect to our guys, but there's no comparison). They extorted two picks for their 4th best player. We gave away our 2nd best player for a single pick. And the list goes on and on...

I'd let my jealousy say that they don't deserve it - but the truth is, they do. It's the endless fruits of a well-run organization.

I'm not on the tank wagon - it doesn't take the emotional toll of losing into account - it just sucks that we'd even have to bring it up as an option.

It all starts at the top - and when there's unfathomable dysfunction there, and the only alternative is evil, well, there's really nothing left to say except:

It's torture being a Hawks fan.

Quote:

...to realize that the Suns - the best team in the league - are going to get our prime prospect. The one lottery we want to be in - we're not. UGH.

I swear, the Suns are an exact inverse image of our sad franchise:

-They run

-They're exciting

-Franchise PG to set up their athletes

-Great ownership/coaching/front office

-Winning culture

When they have an off-year, they grab Amare. We draft Chill & Marvin & Shelden (no disrespect to our guys, but there's no comparison). They extorted two picks for their 4th best player. We gave away our 2nd best player for a single pick. And the list goes on and on...

I'd let my jealousy say that they don't deserve it - but the truth is, they do. It's the endless fruits of a well-run organization.

I'm not on the tank wagon - it doesn't take the emotional toll of losing into account - it just sucks that we'd even have to bring it up as an option.

It all starts at the top - and when there's unfathomable dysfunction there, and the only alternative is evil, well, there's really nothing left to say except:

It's torture being a Hawks fan.

Just to pick nits: that fourth point of yours now resides in the snowy northwern wastelands of Toronto.

• Moderators

Yes.

But we will get a top 3 pick this year. Even without tanking we aren't going to make the playoffs and probably will be near the bottom of the league. I'm not hoping for this really, but its likely. I think the ping pong balls will bounce our way.

Even if they don't its time for us to spend money and build a real team of guys who already know how to play. It will only take a couple of quality players to get us over the hump but we have to spend.

We can build around JJ and Smoove. Everyone else is on the block in my opinion.

If we have the money, and that's far from a sure thing, let's throw it at Randolph Morris to be our center of the future. If he was able to be in the draft he'd probably be a low lottery selection at least. We should have a good chance since he's from Atlanta and he may be willing to come play for the Hawks despite how much we suck. We have to take advantage of this opportunity, this type of thing NEVER happens!!

We don't have a very good chance of getting a top three pick, let's all face it. If we finish 4th worst, we have about a 42% chance at a top three pick. Even if we finish dead last, which is unlikely, we're only 64% likely to get a top three pick. If more than three teams finish ahead of us, the odds really tumble. So, if you're the GM, you CANNOT be counting on the draft to save us. We're too young anyways. Maybe we get lucky with the lottery, but it should come as no surprise when and if that doesn't pan out.

And until we figure who owns this damn team, we can't splash in free agency either. So we're pretty much stuck with trades. And we do have some tradeable quantities who can still be considered to have potential and upside. It's terribly difficult to trade small for big, so I would try to work the other direction. We really need another reasonable scoring option if we want to compete every night. Pretty much every good team out there has at least two consistent 15+ point scorers. We only have one, and a bunch of guys who are yo-yo scorers (5, 20, 6, 16, etc). Of course we were hoping that Speedy could do it, but I can't see it happening. We obviously have our best results with Lue in the game because he's a pretty consistent option, despite his deficiencies. Someone like Ridnour would be a good step in the right direction, but would also probably kill our feeble lottery chances by making us a mediocre (not terrible) ballclub.

Quote:

If we have the money, and that's far from a sure thing, let's throw it at Randolph Morris to be our center of the future.

What?? He couldn't even get drafted and you want to throw money on him to be our future center. I know we are desperate for a center, but this is just too much.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

If we have the money, and that's far from a sure thing, let's throw it at Randolph Morris to be our center of the future.

What?? He couldn't even get drafted and you want to throw money on him to be our future center. I know we are desperate for a center, but this is just too much.

He would certainly be drafted now but people who claim he is near lottery pick level are overrating him, IMO. He has stepped it up this year and outplayed some good players, like Tyler Hansborough, but he is still too soft and too passive at times.

Quote:

... They extorted two picks for their 4th best player. We gave away our 2nd best player for a single pick. And the list goes on and on...

Probably the funniest thing I have read all year. So just because Al was our second best player we should get more. So by that logic since the Lakers traded Shaq their second best player, for Odom, Grant, 2 picks, and Butler we should have gotten something equivalent to that since they were both steconed best players on their teams.

First off JJ was there 2nd or 3rd option depending on the matchup. But that happens to be behind the 2 time league MVP. Then Al is on a team with nobody over 21 yrs old. Come on now, with the latest trade its pretty safe to say there wasnt much out there and teams know he is a bum now. There is nothing even close about JJ and Al, JJ plays 40+ min everynight plays great d on the other teams best player, and then is expected to get 30 on top of that.

JJ is an amazing player. Note we kept our pick last year since it was protected. So for all this whining so far all we have given up is Diaw. With all the belly aching about the log jam at F I think that would be making everyone happy. Lose the bench weight at a deep position, and get an all-star. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

I love all the tank talk on here too. While we have played 4 fewer games then most teams in the league all while suffer major injuries. We are 5 games out of the 8 spot, yes Miami will get better. But we do have games in hand against most everyone else.

• Moderators

Quote:

JJ is an amazing player. Note we kept our pick last year since it was protected. So for all this whining so far all we have given up is Diaw.

We also gave up the pick that was used to select Rajon Rondo in last year's draft.

• Premium Member

Sure they may get a great prospect in the draft. However, the Suns fan have to feel sick when they think that they gave up a 25 ppg allstar who's less than 26 y.o.

That's got to make them say " DAMN"...

The truth of the matter is that Steve Nash is going to get old. Boris Diaw is overpaid. And they traded the Philly pick for a bag of peanuts.

They better hope that they can get a darn good prospect from this draft, otherwise, they've been hornswaggled.

Now, when I think about losing the pick, I look at JJ and say "it was worth it".

I tell you the truth..

If we had Paul or Deron instead of Marvin, we wouldn't care at all about the JJ trade.

Wow, thanks for compliments atl_baller. Its indeed a great time to be a Suns fan. Big expectations, a team of the ages, and a boat load of future picks that can turn us into a dynasty. Couldn't ask for anything more. The Hawks time will come someday.

Diesel you're just a hater. JJ will never be an all star unless 2 or 3 real all stars are too injured to play in the game and they have to select someone else. Bell and Barbosa are MORE than satisfying our shooting guard needs. We are much better off without JJ and his bloated contract. Boris is a steal. Face it, the Suns baited BK and won hands down in that trade. Our draft picks will be so money.

Quote:

Our draft picks will be so money.

your picks? You are an idiot. We traded you TWO, and one was last year which was 20 something, and y'all traded it for jackshit, jackass. Let's see yall actually GET and use a pick before you say "OUR picks".. It's down to 1 now, so you better make it worthwhile.

So 1 pick and Diaw, for a player that yall VASTLY underrated and will be an all-star in this league. Just wait til Nash starts going downhill, yall are DONE.

Quote:

Diesel you're just a hater. JJ will never be an all star unless 2 or 3 real all stars are too injured to play in the game and they have to select someone else.

Might wanna take that one back...

All stars were announced today, and JJ made the East team. It's not often anyone around here ever says anything positive -- but he's defiantly deserving of our praise.

Sigh. Listen up atlas.

Suns traded Rondo with Atlanta's pick(via Boston) and Brian Grant to Boston for Cleveland's 1st round pick next year. Cleveland is doing poorly right now and as long as they stay out of the lottery we get their pick. I'm guessing it will be around 18-23.

So you see, we took one of your picks and got a BETTER pick in a better draft. Now add that pick to your team's top 3 protected pick, AND our own first rounder and it = 3 picks in an extremely deep draft(the most of any team in this year's draft f.y.i.)

Like I said, this year's draft will be so money for us. We load up on young promising talent and add it to an already championship roster. Dynasty baby, Dynasty.

Quote:

Quote:

Diesel you're just a hater. JJ will never be an all star unless 2 or 3 real all stars are too injured to play in the game and they have to select someone else.

Might wanna take that one back...

All stars were announced today, and JJ made the East team. It's not often anyone around here ever says anything positive -- but he's defiantly deserving of our praise.

Huh?

Arenas, Wade, Shaq, Bosh, and Lebron are the starters. The reserves haven't been announced yet, and won't for another week or two. You can all but pencil in Kidd, Carter, Howard, Eddie Curry, Micheal Redd, Jumaine O'neil, and Pierce. THEN add to that list Ben Wallace, Okafur, Caron Butler, Antwan Jamison..

Even Iverson getting traded to the West won't help him. There's just no room. There's no way in hell Johnson gets in unless 2-5 of those people get injured/die/get horribly ill. Johnson puts up good stats on a bad team, the coaches will not look favorable on that at all. Not to mention how his play has dropped in the last weeks. He's not..going..to..make it, mark it down.

THIS LITTLE PUNK!

If Jamison and Michael Redd make the All-Star Game over Joe, it will only be because of our teams poor play. I don't think any of them will though because although Washington is top in the East, 3 All-Star's will be too many. Detroit only got 4 total when they had like a 38-5 record or something last year. Michael Redd? Good player but you are in denial if you think he is more of an all-star player than Joe. Maybe his jumper is more pure but he is not the better player. Pierce? He is not making it, isn't he hurt still? And anyway, he said "all-star player" which doesn't necessarily mean he has to be in the All-Star game. With the expansion of the league but not the roster, a lot of "All-Star Players" are left off the team. Will...or will not. He...should...make...the team...DEFINETLY!

the allstar selection is the worst of all sports anyway...doesnt go by accomplishments or talent anyway...how do you explain shaquille on there and he's been out almost the whole season...how do you explain steve francis getting votes?

it's the one thing that stern should really change....let coaches/writers make the most weighted votes and fan votes being another side figure to add in....