The Season is Over!

TroyMcClure

• Premium Member

Walter you have always been a critic. I have never seen you root for the Hawks to win. That's what fans do. IN the years you have been here, you have always rooted for the other team. You sir are not a fan. Show me one time.. one time that you were ever for the Hawks... ONE time!

Back when we were a 50 win team, you said " we don't win any games of importance.".

You see, Just because you show up to the essential Messageboard for Hawks fans doesn't mean that you are one. Just like people who show up and have perfect attendance in school.. Just because they are there everyday doesn't mean that they are scholars.

I guess, that makes you as much a troll as sunsfan.

he comes to Hawksquawk often too.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

troy, miami hasn't set the world no fire either. what you fail to realize, is that this entire conference is schizophrenic. if miami gets hot, they'll knock someone else down. if we can play 5000 ball this month, we'll still be in the mix.

Quote:

Such drame. Been watching too much reality tv.

What I've been watching is the Hawks devolving into this for about eight years. It is reality. It is on television. I have watched waaaaaaaaay too many Hawks games.

lol-are you trying to say that we are just like everybody else? Yes, I do fail to realize that.

My apologies. Diesel is right. Pretty soon, Speedy and Shelden will be working the pick and roll and all that. Shelden is the new Karl Malone I hear. We should be just fine then.

P.S. Diesel, I know this is from another thread but check Karl's free throw attempts. You don't get those without posting up. The fact that you can't remember Karl on the block is absurd. he was only on tv like 1,000 times!

Here's an example: Karl posts, defender raises his arms, Karl jumps into them. Bingo! Two Free throws! Basketball 101 Diesel

Quote:

For all of you delusional Squawkers, this game should be a wake up call. The season was over a month ago.

I pose this question: When will the collective intelligence of this board be high enough to allow us to form a general consensus on Mike Woodson? It's been over two years! He might actually suck worse now than he did two years ago. He doesn't just suck. He really sucks!

Watch his press conferences, read his quotes. There is ALWAYS an excuse. It starts from the top. No accountability.

I said yesterday that I was not impressed by the winning month. Tonight's game is why.

Feel free to jump off the bandwagon.

Don't bother getting back on when we do start winning.

Quote:

Quote:

For all of you delusional Squawkers, this game should be a wake up call. The season was over a month ago.

I pose this question: When will the collective intelligence of this board be high enough to allow us to form a general consensus on Mike Woodson? It's been over two years! He might actually suck worse now than he did two years ago. He doesn't just suck. He really sucks!

Watch his press conferences, read his quotes. There is ALWAYS an excuse. It starts from the top. No accountability.

I said yesterday that I was not impressed by the winning month. Tonight's game is why.

Careful, you'll label yourself as the third idiot with that kind of crazy talk. shocked.gif

Seriously, I can enjoy negative posting when it's founded and brings up ways to improve the team. I can't enjoy people that post inflammatory messages without really adding anything to the conversation.

It is funny that people can't see what is right in front of them.

It takes stars to win in this league and we are seeing two stars emerging on the Hawks right now, JJ and Smith. JJ should be an All-Star and he probably will be a multiple All-Star. Just ask the Raps fans how they felt last night, or the Orlando fans when JJ lit them up for 73 pts in two game.

Josh Smith is turning into a star too. Last night he had 26/12 and he is 5th in the league in blocks. No way could i have seen that coming in November when he was jacking up 3s and generally playing with his head up his ass. Now he is looking to attack the rim, he is posting up, shooting his j from closer in. The results speak for themselves.

Last year many of us felt that Smith's future was at the 4 and now he is proving it. Some people criticize JJ for being quiet and not showing emotion, and that is another thing Smith brings. He may wind up being the vocal, emotional leader on the team.

Of course you also need good players around your stars and right now the pg and especially the center position absolutely suck, which kills the Hawks record.

But Childress has shown that he can be a very effective role player. He goes to the basket and gets the easy points that a team needs, plus you can't leave him open from deep.

Marvin is still a work in progress but he has been hitting his J lately and he has also been showing new moves. He has been posting up and hitting a few jump hooks. Last night i saw him make the first pullup jumper off the dribble i have ever seen from him. Usually when he shoots off the dribble he doesn't go straight up. He usually stops, gathers himself, and then goes up which gives the defense more time to react. Last night he drove to his right and pulled up quickly for a jumper like most good players do and swished it.

Yes there is a lot of dead wood on this team that needs to be cleared off. Good pieces need to be added in the right places. But i see the beginning of a contending team in spite of BK's many mistakes. His summer fa have basically bombed. Salim is a waste. Shelden has been very underwhelming. Etc.

But still when i see guys turning into big time players right in front of me it makes it a little easier to accept the record. This season isn't just about wins and losses. It is also about young guys turning their potential into production and we are seeing that happen right now.

Good post Ex.

Yup, the Hawks have pieces. Now they need to add a center, which I really think makes them much better. A post scorer puts them in the playoffs.

The expendable pieces we have are:

Sheldon

Z

Marvin

I would rather not trade MW now, but if it gets us a center that can score in the post, then you really have to consider it.

The other option is just trading the Indy pick to a team. We have the cap to just absorb a contract.

The loss last night was to a really good team. The Raptors have an exceptional set of talent that is really blending together well. We don't match up with them well and that is why we lost. I actually enjoyed watching the Raps play. Its the way b-ball should be played. Hopefully, the Hawks will get to that point sooner rather than latter.

You make some good points. One big thing is missing though.

Mike Woodson is still our coach and likely will be for quite awhile because he is cheap and the owners have no cash. As long as he coaches we will not approach anything decent. Can you imagine how much better this team would be if we played up tempo?

We also need to rid ourselves of the GM. Shelden didn't improve anything on the inside and he sucks. Brandon Roy playing with JJ would look GREAT right now. Signing Speedy was also a horrible move and he ties up valuable cap space, can't hit a shot, is a shoot first PG and can't shoot, and plays about 3 games in 10. His knee appears chronic although our GM prides himself in being a medical guru, supposedly making the excuse that he has passed over better players because he saw medical issues. Speedy's chronic knee apparently escaped his x-ray vision.

The team reflects the organization so don't go expecting too much. Yes, there are some good things, but the bad outweighs the good.

Quote:

Yes, there are some good things, but the bad outweighs the good.

The point is that the bad can be let go. Woody and BK can be let go and easily replaced. Their contracts won't last much longer. Coaches and GMs are replaced all the time.

However finding special players to lead your team isn't easy and the Hawks have two very good ones right now.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Careful, you'll label yourself as the third idiot with that kind of crazy talk. shocked.gif

Seriously, I can enjoy negative posting when it's founded and brings up ways to improve the team. I can't enjoy people that post inflammatory messages without really adding anything to the conversation.

I think you beat him. Can you read? I posed a question( that AHF has since started a thread on) and made a few points of discussion. Sorry if being right is inflamatory.

Here is my post:

Quote:

Quote:

You make some good points. One big thing is missing though.

Mike Woodson is still our coach and likely will be for quite awhile because he is cheap and the owners have no cash. As long as he coaches we will not approach anything decent. Can you imagine how much better this team would be if we played up tempo?

We also need to rid ourselves of the GM. Shelden didn't improve anything on the inside and he sucks. Brandon Roy playing with JJ would look GREAT right now. Signing Speedy was also a horrible move and he ties up valuable cap space, can't hit a shot, is a shoot first PG and can't shoot, and plays about 3 games in 10. His knee appears chronic although our GM prides himself in being a medical guru, supposedly making the excuse that he has passed over better players because he saw medical issues. Speedy's chronic knee apparently escaped his x-ray vision.

The team reflects the organization so don't go expecting too much. Yes, there are some good things, but the bad outweighs the good.

Thank you. Good post as well Ex.

Quote:

it was one loss. Toronto won 10 of 15 in January. they are streaking. they shot 70% in the 1st half.

I'm not worried.... about the Hawks that is.

Are you freakin' serious? Typical knee jerk reaction? If it was the first month of the season maybe. It's not. You know that. You've also watched Woody on the sideline for the last two years. What more do you need to know?

Quote:

It is funny that people can't see what is right in front of them.

It takes stars to win in this league and we are seeing two stars emerging on the Hawks right now, JJ and Smith. JJ should be an All-Star and he probably will be a multiple All-Star. Just ask the Raps fans how they felt last night, or the Orlando fans when JJ lit them up for 73 pts in two game.

Josh Smith is turning into a star too. Last night he had 26/12 and he is 5th in the league in blocks. No way could i have seen that coming in November when he was jacking up 3s and generally playing with his head up his ass. Now he is looking to attack the rim, he is posting up, shooting his j from closer in. The results speak for themselves.

Last year many of us felt that Smith's future was at the 4 and now he is proving it. Some people criticize JJ for being quiet and not showing emotion, and that is another thing Smith brings. He may wind up being the vocal, emotional leader on the team.

Of course you also need good players around your stars and right now the pg and especially the center position absolutely suck, which kills the Hawks record.

But Childress has shown that he can be a very effective role player. He goes to the basket and gets the easy points that a team needs, plus you can't leave him open from deep.

Marvin is still a work in progress but he has been hitting his J lately and he has also been showing new moves. He has been posting up and hitting a few jump hooks. Last night i saw him make the first pullup jumper off the dribble i have ever seen from him. Usually when he shoots off the dribble he doesn't go straight up. He usually stops, gathers himself, and then goes up which gives the defense more time to react. Last night he drove to his right and pulled up quickly for a jumper like most good players do and swished it.

Yes there is a lot of dead wood on this team that needs to be cleared off. Good pieces need to be added in the right places. But i see the beginning of a contending team in spite of BK's many mistakes. His summer fa have basically bombed. Salim is a waste. Shelden has been very underwhelming. Etc.

But still when i see guys turning into big time players right in front of me it makes it a little easier to accept the record. This season isn't just about wins and losses. It is also about young guys turning their potential into production and we are seeing that happen right now.

Good post Ex. The problem with about 75% of this board, is that they see with their eyes, but their brain doesn't comprehend what they're actually seeing. So if something positive happens, they tend to overreact. And if something negative happens, they tend to overreact. There's no middle ground with posters like that.

That game got out of hand as soon as JJ picked up that 2nd foul, and really got out of hand when he quickly picked up foul #3 in the 2nd quarter, when we were still in relative striking distance.

When that happens, I don't expect us to win games like that. And I can't overreact and act like the world has ended, when it does happen. That's just part of basketball.

Excellent point you made about Marvin and the pull up jumper he made last night. I thought the very same thing you did, when he made that move and shot. It immeadiately got listed in my game notes about Marvin.

People knew this was a long term deal with this team, yet, they want them to be East contenders right away. That'll only happen when Smoove, Chill, and Marvin play consistently well on a nightly basis.

It'll also help if our PGs don't shoot 2 - 15 FG, like they did last night. And they only dished out 3 assists. That's absolutely unacceptable from those guys. If they're going to play like that, we might as well start Chill at the point.

But even I realize that Speedy and Lue aren't going to play that bad on a nightly basis.

Troy . . why not post this after the Golden St win? Or after the Orlando win?

Things were exactly the same then, as they were last night.

We were 4 games behind Jersey for the 8th spot . . but the season wasn't "over" in your eyes then.

But as soon as the Hawks lose a game, "doom and gloomers" like yourself always come to the surface, like a goldfish trying to eat that fish food at the top of the bowl.

You need to settle down and just watch this team without so much emotion. Every win doesn't mean that we're bound for the playoffs . . and every loss doesn't mean that we're on the road to destruction.

Relax.

A win over Jersey will feel much better tomorrow afternoon.

Did you read anything that TP or I wrote? Or even the post you just quoted above from Ex? If you had and could comprehend, then you would know that I do not get excited about fleeting wins. I know too much about basketball to feel good about our situation. I do really like a couple of our players though.

Most of these guys, coaches included, do not measure up to my standards of what a Hawk should be.

Quote:

Walter you have always been a critic. I have never seen you root for the Hawks to win.

I have ALWAYS rooted for the Hawks to win A TITLE! Every single solitary opinion I have is ultimately about title contention. What is the best path towards title contention? I have no want for mediocrity or much love for those who damn the franchise for the sake of one year's team to reach such meager goals

Did I mention you are a jackass.

Quote:

Back when we were a 50 win team, you said " we don't win any games of importance.".

Did we win games of importance the last year Mookie and Smitty were here? If so, I missed it. It was a HORRIBLE desplay against the Knicks. One of the most inept playoffs appearances I can recall. And remember it succeeded several other similarly poor playoff appearances.

Smitty and Mookie individually fell apart after we traded them. Seemed the right time then to trade them and in hindsight it was. We should have gutted and rebuilt the team, but we didn't.

Did I mention you are a jackass.

Quote:

You see, Just because you show up to the essential Messageboard for Hawks fans doesn't mean that you are one.

Diesel, I repeat, go [censored] yourself and tell me how much of a fan you are of [censored] yourself. Then you can detail to me the intricacies of fandom. Until then you are just a complete INSECURE [censored].

Quote:

Just like people who show up and have perfect attendance in school.. Just because they are there everyday doesn't mean that they are scholars.

And still waters don't always run deep...blah, blah, blah...Nobody's "perfect attendence" indicates anything... Diesel, you are a fan that relatively cønsistently has adopted a path towards if not embracing mediocrity (Keep Lenny Wilkens, draft SW, hinder this franchise best chance to retain its top 3 pick in favor of lesser mediocrity AT BEST). I am a fan that has relatively consistently adopted a path hopefully towards title contention (fire Lenny, gut and rebuild, please don't draft DJ, do what it takes to keep our top 3 pick). We're both fans, only you're the only one out there [censored] enough to question fandom. It takes a real sad, little, pathetic child-like person to make this argument. A pathetic one who, did I mention, must be a jackass.

Quote:

I guess, that makes you as much a troll as sunsfan.

Diesel, whether your running from bets you make with me, making assinine claims that SW is the "Modern Day Malone", or your being just an idiot has you all tied in knots, question my fandom because I consistently want to win a title and not some 30 win trophy makes me question your manhood. No real man has to sink to that level of argumentation. You are like a little baby. Quit being a jackass.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think you beat him. Can you read? I posed a question( that AHF has since started a thread on) and made a few points of discussion. Sorry if being right is inflamatory.

Here is my post:

Quote:

[Typical inflammatory statement that comes with a losing streak, or in this case, to downplay the fact that anything good can happen.
Also see: knee-jerk reaction and/or pessimist.
It's ok, you're in the majority so don't worry about going out on a limb with that statement.]

I pose this question: When will the collective intelligence of this board be high enough to allow us to form a general consensus on Mike Woodson?
[There have been plenty of better attempts that precede your tenure on the forums, but thanks for playing. A lack of collective intelligence would be the last reason a general consensus hasn't been formed.]
It's been over two years! He might actually suck worse now than he did two years ago. He doesn't just suck. He really sucks!
[Again, what does this part of your statement contribute? How do you gauge levels of suckiness? Overall record? Attendance? How we function on the court as a team? How the media portrays us? If you're comfortable enough to say we
really
suck, then please at least start to explain your stance.

[And no, I don't buy this as your stance as much as I see it as an example of a blanket statement. Every unfounded critic I've ever seen gives this statement. Again, explain how to start the process from the top and how to instill accountability. Until then, I'll go back to my initial statement and let you be the one to read it again.]

Quote:

I said yesterday that I was not impressed by the winning month. Tonight's game is why. Yawn.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I have ALWAYS rooted for the Hawks to win A TITLE! Every single solitary opinion I have is ultimately about title contention.

So.. to show your enthusiasm for the Hawks to win a title, you root against the Hawks??

How's that working for you??

I mean, it's been about 7 non-stop years for you rooting against the Hawks...

How does that look on your Hawk fan resume'??

I can see that portion of your resume' now...

" Oh, I really want the Hawks to win a title.. so daily, I criticize them, daily, I root for the other team to beat them. Daily, it is my hope that they tank yet another season because in the end, the only way that they can truly get to a title is if the team is in such shambles and the players spirit is so low, that everything must change.. Then maybe it will change the way I want it to. In fact, if the team doesn't make moves according to how I feel, then I just won't support it because I know how to win a title."

Walter, that doesn't make you a fan. That makes you a Narcissistic GM wannabe.

See that's the difference between us. I don't hide the fact that I'm Narcissistic. Moreover, I'm not so Narcissistic that I can't look at what the Hawks do and applaud their progress. However, your thinking is very simplistic. It's like that of a child. You think that because the Hawks are not doing it Walter's way that it will NEVER win and that it will never be worth rooting for. Well Walter, if you can't applaud the Hawks when they show progress... if all progress to you seems like mediocrity.. then maybe it's best you take your ball, your bat and go home... LIKE YOU USUALLY DO.