• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anxious to see how we play vs. the Sun's system

coachx

I am really looking foward to see the Hawks play a fast pace game vs. the Suns tonight.

1. JJ will have extra motivation !

2. Can Marvin continue to show the aggression he displayed in the 4th quarter vs. the Nets ?

3. Can Smoove bang and hang with Stoudamire ?

4. Can the Hawks capitalize on Nash's injury ?

5. Will we go small and play Smoove at center and Marvin at PF when the Suns use Stoudamire at center and Diaw at PF ? (Lo or Za Za would be a pretty site vs. Stroudamire)

We are one of the few teams in the leage that can match up with the Suns' small squad:

Barbosa vs. Lue / Claxton

Bell vs. JJ

Matrix vs. Childress

Diaw vs. Marvin

Stoudamire vs. Smooooooove

Granted Nash will probably sit out, the Suns will still play up tempo.

I want to see Smoove chase down Stoudamire on the break to swat a dunk.

It really seem this team is turning a corner and playing the games with more effort, and showing some chemisty.

From what I have seen since Jan 1 - the team is improving as expected.

It'll be a fun game to watch. Can't wait.

I think MW will have a tough time against Marion. Diaw may have 0 points against Smoove's defense. He'll probably concentrate on rebounds tonight.

Is Shelden ready? We need his strength against AS.

If MW performs well against Marion tonight, I'll say he has arrived and the 4th quarter against NJ woke up our sleeping giant. I see a lot of his shots get blocked today. Can he drive against the long/quick arms of Marion?

Quote:

we don't matchup good against them at all. our only advantage right now is speed, and they have that. also, i don't know who zaza is going to guard but either way it's a mismatch.

Not sure what your talking about here. The Suns are one of the FEW teams in the NBA WE DO matchup well against. They are a running team which is what we should be so I expect a good game. They have no true center like us as well and are very athletic much like us. Amare is 6'10 but only 240lb. so I wouldn't consider him a center more like a PF. I expect Smoove to have a big game tonight.

I actually think we are built to run even more than them.

You could argue that Speedy, JJ, Marvin, and SMoove is a more athletic group that Marion, Stoudemire, Diaw, and Nash.

We have some serious athleticism on this team that goes to waste in our halfcourt offense.

The only thing that worries me is the same thing that worries me anytime we play a team of the Suns caliber, the refs.

You know we're going to come to play. JJ is especially going to come to the play.

But with the Suns having so few losses, you know the refs aren't going to call the game fair and square.

The biggest concern is BS calls against Smoove. We absolutely need him in this game. Im afraid if he gets a clean block on Marion or Stoudemire the refs will blow the whistle anyway everytime.

• Premium Member

when the Refs calls have to be considered when playing a game.

I see us having certain advantages over Phoenix and if we are coached correctly (and maybe coaching won't matter) we should beat this team... However, your fears are mine also. An Overzealous, enthusiastic Smoove will not get the benefit of the doubt in the refs mind because he has not "paid his dues".

::

I think Josh Smith will be in foul trouble tonight. I also think Speedy goes back on the mend if he tries to run with Pheonix for 30+ minutes tonight.

However I do like the Hawks' chances tonight due to what I saw from them in the Golden State game. I was very suprised to see Atlanta put up that many points.

Can Joe go for 50?

Quote:

I actually think we are built to run even more than them.

You could argue that Speedy, JJ, Marvin, and SMoove is a more athletic group that Marion, Stoudemire, Diaw, and Nash.

We have some serious athleticism on this team that goes to waste in our halfcourt offense.

The only thing that worries me is the same thing that worries me anytime we play a team of the Suns caliber, the refs.

You know we're going to come to play. JJ is especially going to come to the play.

But with the Suns having so few losses, you know the refs aren't going to call the game fair and square.

The biggest concern is BS calls against Smoove. We absolutely need him in this game. Im afraid if he gets a clean block on Marion or Stoudemire the refs will blow the whistle anyway everytime.

Being a "running" team has alot more to do with the abilities of the players then their athletic abilities. Magic was no greyhound yet he led one of the most impressive running games in league history.

Like Magic, Nash doesn't have to be able to run faster then Speedy or anyone else because he is smarter.

Well we definitely have a chance to win this game because much like Golden St., the Suns play ZERO defense. We shouldn't have problems scoring but stopping their offense is a whole different story. We'll see tonight! Go Hawks!

Quote:

Well we definitely have a chance to win this game because much like Golden St., the Suns play ZERO defense. We shouldn't have problems scoring but stopping their offense is a whole different story. We'll see tonight! Go Hawks!

Good observation. The Suns are top 10 in defensive effenciency and Golden State is 23 and the Hawks are 18th. Golden State is just like the Suns!

More ownage? If you say so.

-Hawks allow 46% field goal percentage, the Suns 45%

-Opponents shoot 33% from the 3 against the Suns- 3rd in the league. Against the Hawks teams shoot 36%- 22nd worst.

-Suns, best point differential. Hawks, 27th worse point differential.

Quote:

Actually I'd keep Smoove on Marion and Lo Wright on Amare. Although Lo can't keep up with him speed wise, he is probably the strongest player on our team and could bang with Amare down low. I would also like to see how Shelden does against him

Yes please put Lo Wright on the best lowpost player/fastest most athletic big man/superstar in the NBA so he can go for 40. And my God, if you put the biggest top 5 bust in the last ten years on Amare he might go for 60.

Quote:

However I do like the Hawks' chances tonight due to what I saw from them in the Golden State game. I was very suprised to see Atlanta put up that many points

If the Hawks win this game I will never post on this forum again. MVP or no MVP, its virtually impossible for such an occurance to happen. It would be like a boy throwing a rock at a tank and the tank falling over.

Quote:

Quote:

Good observation. The Suns are top 10 in defensive effenciency and Golden State is 23 and the Hawks are 18th. Golden State is just like the Suns!

More ownage? If you say so.

-Hawks allow 46% field goal percentage, the Suns 45%

-Opponents shoot 33% from the 3 against the Suns- 3rd in the league. Against the Hawks teams shoot 36%- 22nd worst.

-Suns, best point differential. Hawks, 27th worse point differential.

Quote:

Actually I'd keep Smoove on Marion and Lo Wright on Amare. Although Lo can't keep up with him speed wise, he is probably the strongest player on our team and could bang with Amare down low. I would also like to see how Shelden does against him

Yes please put Lo Wright on the best lowpost player/fastest most athletic big man/superstar in the NBA so he can go for 40. And my God, if you put the biggest top 5 bust in the last ten years on Amare he might go for 60.

Quote:

However I do like the Hawks' chances tonight due to what I saw from them in the Golden State game. I was very suprised to see Atlanta put up that many points

If the Hawks win this game I will never post on this forum again. MVP or no MVP, its virtually impossible for such an occurance to happen. It would be like a boy throwing a rock at a tank and the tank falling over.

somehow given the type of behavior we have seen from you in the past, keeping your word on something doesnt seem to be something we would expect.

really.gif

Quote:

I am really looking foward to see the Hawks play a fast pace game vs. the Suns tonight.

1. JJ will have extra motivation !

2. Can Marvin continue to show the aggression he displayed in the 4th quarter vs. the Nets ?

3. Can Smoove bang and hang with Stoudamire ?

4. Can the Hawks capitalize on Nash's injury ?

5. Will we go small and play Smoove at center and Marvin at PF when the Suns use Stoudamire at center and Diaw at PF ? (Lo or Za Za would be a pretty site vs. Stroudamire)

We are one of the few teams in the leage that can match up with the Suns' small squad:

Barbosa vs. Lue / Claxton

Bell vs. JJ

Matrix vs. Childress

Diaw vs. Marvin

Stoudamire vs. Smooooooove

Granted Nash will probably sit out, the Suns will still play up tempo.

I want to see Smoove chase down Stoudamire on the break to swat a dunk.

It really seem this team is turning a corner and playing the games with more effort, and showing some chemisty.

From what I have seen since Jan 1 - the team is improving as expected.

Good to see a positive post. I think you are right but the lack on consistency is very frustrating.