• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shaun Livingston

Plastic Man

what a gruesome injury. his knee bent 90 degrees the wrong way. i'm sure it will be posted on you tube soon.

i've been a fan of his since he was in high school. he's fragile and has had too many unfortunate injuries early in his career. i think he's fun to watch and has shown flashes of greatness. hope he can recover and play again.

Quote:

Livingston Suffered Tears To ACL, PCL, MCL And Lateral Meniscus

27th February, 2007 - 8:24 pm

Press Release -

Under the supervision of team physician Dr. Tony Daly, Clippers guard Shaun Livingston underwent a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) exam on Tuesday morning at Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center in Inglewood.

The MRI revealed that Livingston suffered tears to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), medial collateral ligament (MCL) and lateral meniscus. Livingston also suffered a patella dislocation, in addition to the previously diagnosed tibia/femoral dislocation.

Livingston suffered the injury at the 8:10 mark in the first quarter of the Clippers win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Monday, Feb. 26 at STAPLES Center. Livingston was transported to Centinela Medical Center immediately following the injury, where he had an MRA (Magnetic resonance arteriogram) that showed no arterial bleeding.

Quote:

Man that was one of the hardest things I have ever had to watch

That was bad, dont get me wrong.

but worst basketball incident ive seen is that one college game, the guy goes for a DUNK and falls on his NECK (head first). i didnt see the game, i only saw the clip once or twice. that was nasty!

does anyone remember this incident?

Quote:

Quote:

Man that was one of the hardest things I have ever had to watch

That was bad, dont get me wrong.

but worst basketball incident ive seen is that one college game, the guy goes for a DUNK and falls on his NECK (head first). i didnt see the game, i only saw the clip once or twice. that was nasty!

does anyone remember this incident?

I am glad I did'nt see that, How is the young man now?

Yeah, I would be surprised if he is able to make anything close to a full recovery. His knee essentially exploded. I hope he can get back to playing, but the explosiveness in his leg is gone. He can still make it as a jump shooter though.

• Moderators

Quote:

In hind site I think he wishes he went to college to give his body time to develop at a more gradual level.

Obviously his frail body could not handle the rigors of the NBA.

He probably has several million in the bank, though. If he had these same injuries in college he might not have much of anything.

Quote:

I am glad I did'nt see that, How is the young man now?

im not sure... donno who the player is, wat team he played for, or what team they were facing.

im hoping someone can help me out here. any big college basketball fans out there?