• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good News!

DavidSomerset

on the board at #11. A LOT can happen in workouts. All it takes is for a team in the top 10 to fall in love with a player who is not currently projected to go as high as where that team is picking and the draft can be thrown out of whack. A perfect example of this is us taking Shelden last year.

Guest Walter

Quote:

That means we are almost certainly going to get their pick.

Phew.

Of possible players...Conley, Thabeet, Hibbert,...Law,.....Brewer and Greene (and trade), Hawes...in that order as of now for me.

W

There are a couple of teams ahead of us that could snatch him up.

There are a lot of rumors that the Sac. Kings wont resign Mike Bibby, so they could use a Pg.

Also ,the T-Wolves have been disapointed in Mike James, so the could take him too.

Quote:

There are a couple of teams ahead of us that could snatch him up.

There are a lot of rumors that the Sac. Kings wont resign Mike Bibby, so they could use a Pg.

Also ,the T-Wolves have been disapointed in Mike James, so the could take him too.

Yeah, he probably won't make it to our pick, but it would nice.

Guest Walter

Quote:

oops i guess i forgot that Randy foye can play point for Minny.

So i guess there's still hope
grin.gif

I won't hold out hope for Conley but I still have hope. We'll see.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Phew.

Of possible players...Conley, Thabeet, Hibbert,...Law,.....Brewer and Greene (and trade), Hawes...in that order as of now for me.

W

I wouldn't be relieved just yet. I'm still not sure that BK doesn't select another 6'9 player.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phew.

W

I wouldn't be relieved just yet. I'm still not sure that BK doesn't select another 6'9 player.

Oh my god !!! You really don't think BK will still be here for the draft do you? If so, we are really really screwed. You are right though, if Billy is in charge there is no telling what would happen. He might trade the draft rights to Oden to Phoenix for Diaw, a bottle of scotch, and a future second round pick.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phew.

W

Oh my god !!! You really don't think BK will still be here for the draft do you? If so, we are really really screwed. You are right though, if Billy is in charge there is no telling what would happen. He might trade the draft rights to Oden to Phoenix for Diaw, a bottle of scotch, and a future second round pick.

Seriously, it may sound like I'm joking but you know how BK is, there really IS no telling what he'll do.

Remember his "Who cares about positions, why can't they just be a basketball player" comment? BK hasn't a CLUE how to build a team.

Logical and smart fans here wanted CP3 or Deron, Deng, and Roy or Foye. The fact is that most of us can pick players better than Billy Knight. This isn't rocket science.

We can post all day long about who the right pick would be and we would likely get it right. Our GM, however, has a very bizarre view of what constitutes a great player. He has made ONE good 1st round pick and has blown EVERY lottery pick by passing on the best players...the players we all wanted, the OBVIOUS players.

Point is, if BK picks then don't expect the best player to be picked. Don't expect the logical choice. In fact, it really is pointless to even discuss the pick on this board because that will only frustrate everybody because he will blow it. Who wins in the draft? The teams that pick right behind Billy. The Bulls scooped up Deng, CP3 and Deron went right after Marvin, and the Blazers and T-Wolves cleaned up after Shelden. Teams who pick behind us feel pretty confident.

BK has used his last 4 1st round picks on forwards...3 SF's and whatever Shelden is...just don't get your hopes up. The funny thing is BK thinks he is smarter than everybody and the ASG buy it. pillepalle.gif

It's a relief to know that we will not come away empty handed. That looked like a possiblity for a while. We will have the CHANCE to get someone servicable, repeat chance, if BK doesn't blow another one. I do fully expect him to still be here.

Now the suspense builds until the night of the lottery.

• Moderators

Quote:

Logical and smart fans here wanted CP3 or Deron, Deng, and Roy or Foye. The fact is that most of us can pick players better than Billy Knight. This isn't rocket science.

We can post all day long about who the right pick would be and we would likely get it right. Our GM, however, has a very bizarre view of what constitutes a great player. He has made ONE good 1st round pick and has blown EVERY lottery pick by passing on the best players...the players we all wanted, the OBVIOUS players.

Point is, if BK picks then don't expect the best player to be picked. Don't expect the logical choice. In fact, it really is pointless to even discuss the pick on this board because that will only frustrate everybody because he will blow it. Who wins in the draft? The teams that pick right behind Billy. The Bulls scooped up Deng, CP3 and Deron went right after Marvin, and the Blazers and T-Wolves cleaned up after Shelden. Teams who pick behind us feel pretty confident.

BK has used his last 4 1st round picks on forwards...3 SF's and whatever Shelden is...just don't get your hopes up. The funny thing is BK thinks he is smarter than everybody and the ASG buy it.
pillepalle.gif

He has clearly passed on guards in the draft but hasn't passed on size (yet). We can at least hope he would respect an obvious big man selection in the draft.

I think that if Law and Conley is there, BK probably picks Law because of his height advantage. I am guessing that the Bucks probably take another big man because Bogut has been a disappointment. I think we end up trading Lue and Chills for Magloire. Assuming we lose our pick to Phoenix.

Speedy/AJ/Law

JJ/Salim

Marvin/FA pickup

Smoove/Shelden

Magloire/Zaza/Solo

Quote:

I think that if Law and Conley is there, BK probably picks Law because of his height advantage. I am guessing that the Bucks probably take another big man because Bogut has been a disappointment. I think we end up trading Lue and Chills for Magloire. Assuming we lose our pick to Phoenix.

Speedy/AJ/Law

JJ/Salim

Marvin/FA pickup

Smoove/Shelden

Magloire/Zaza/Solo

I thought Magloire was supposed to be a Free Agent this year?

He's overrated anyway.