• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Terrence Moore Article:Jerry West

ncthompson11

Quote:

Troy, you really think that West, at 69, in this time in his life, is the same GM that he was with LA? You really believe that? Smart GMs dont aquire Rudy Gays and trade Shane Battiers. C'mon now...

I agree. That wasn't my point. I still take his "take" on the game over almost anyone, though.

• Admin

Quote:

Quote:

Troy, you really think that West, at 69, in this time in his life, is the same GM that he was with LA? You really believe that? Smart GMs dont aquire Rudy Gays and trade Shane Battiers. C'mon now...

I agree. That wasn't my point. I still take his "take" on the game over almost anyone, though.

His heart hasn't been in the game since he left LA and maybe just before. It has showed in Memphis too.

oh, a bag of dead kittens could have convinced Shaq to come to LA. Don't give West so much credit for that one.

Quote:

oh, a bag of dead kittens could have convinced Shaq to come to LA. Don't give West so much credit for that one.

lol!

You're right, but who was the guy that kept Showtime going and built a solid team afterward? Jerry West. The vision to see Kobe being this good can't be overlooked, at the same time.

Quote:

I can't really blame West for trading Battier for Gay, it is not like Memphis was going to win anything with a team built around Gasol, Battier and Miller.

Gay is essentially the same player as Marvin. Would you trade Marvin for Battier?

Quote:

Quote:

I can't really blame West for trading Battier for Gay, it is not like Memphis was going to win anything with a team built around Gasol, Battier and Miller.

Gay is essentially the same player as Marvin. Would you trade Marvin for Battier?

I normally don't post, but I have to agree. Jerry West is a hell of a GM, what he did as for changing the envroiment at Memphis is crazy. He probably still a top 5 GM from the moves he made. He tryed to build off of a All Star player and didn't have have enuff to do so. I would be honor if West came to Atlanta, he one of my GM idols. I personally thought a couple years ago Memphis were right there but the West is too good and they needed more fire power, unfortualy that didn't get it and decided to rebuild. He at his worst is still a million times better then Knight.

Guest Walter

Quote:

His heart hasn't been in the game since he left LA and maybe just before. It has showed in Memphis too.

Agreed. West not the answer.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed. West not the answer.

W

Name three GM's better then West...

I can't think of one... you need to remember where Memphis was before West. They sucked but had the ROY in Gasol. that was it, ATL had Theo and JT.

Bryan Colangelo, Joe Dumars and John Paxson are three GM's I consider much better than Jerry West.

Edit: At this point in time, at least. Of course, Jerry West has a better history than those three. But presently, I'd rather have those three GM's helming my team than West.

Quote:

Bryan Colangelo, Joe Dumars and John Paxson are three GM's I consider much better than Jerry West.

Edit: At this point in time, at least. Of course, Jerry West has a better history than those three. But presently, I'd rather have those three GM's helming my team than West.

Joe Dumars is not a better GM then West, he was smart but is not as proven as West. And right now Dumars had players who jelled really well and got a squad came together 6 years back and all now that are the most jelled team in hoop with the Squrs.

Colangelo is good he wasn't won any titles and West was simialar with the Grizz in his first year and also he was in the West which is alot harder then the East.

John Paxson, lol the Bulls aren't that good, they live and die off of the jumpshot, you must have forget that Memphis won 47 games last year and would beat the Bulls with last year squad. Memphis is rebuilding now because they realized Gasol isn't what they hoped he would be. West is still the best GM in basketball.