• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How many games will the Hawks win next year?

TroyMcClure

Quote:

This thread is several months too early.

Why? Because you say so? If you have nothing to offer, or you feel that your judgement skills are not up to par, don't respond.

We will not get the 3rd pick, so what exactly will be different next year?

Why don't you tell us all how you feel, since you said this year was not about winning and losing? What will next year be about? You know where we are headed. You just don't want to admit it.

Instead of trying to be thread police, why don't you tell us all what could change our situation? Or, just answer the damn question!

We will have the same team next year and whatever chump BK takes at 12 will be an underwhelming fixture of our 12 man lineup.

Does that help you to make a judgement? You don't have to wait months to know that BK will mess up the draft and Woody will be our coach. Enough said.

Playoffs or bust!

We won 30 games this year without Speedy for whole season, Marvin for first 20 games, Chill for about 25-30 games and Joe for about 25 also.

Shelden was playing hurt for the most part of the season.

Smoove missed 10 games.

T-Lue was out for about 20 games himself and playing hurt in few other.

If we don't win 40 or more with just those guys healthy than we should look to rebuild again. It doesn't even matter if Woody is still here.

• Premium Member

So much depends on what happens in the offseason. I believe unless something is done with the ownership issue we will be where we were this year. As long as BK is in charge we are in a world of hurt!

Quote:

Quote:

Why? Because you say so? If you have nothing to offer, or you feel that your judgement skills are not up to par, don't respond.

We don't know who will be on the roster so how can we predict wins? We could get 2 picks or zero. We could draft Law with the Indy pick who could help right away or we could draft Thabeet who probably wouldn't help at all.

And we also could make trades or sign a free agent. Get a grip.

Quote:

We will not get the 3rd pick, so what exactly will be different next year?

So you know this for sure? Can you tell me what the lottery numbers will be tomorrow?

With all the lottery discussion that has gone on here i would think you would know by now that we have a 38% chance of keeping our top 3 pick. I guess i was giving you too much credit.

Quote:

And we also could make trades or sign a free agent. Get a grip.

You mean like AJ, Lo, and Speedy? lol! You just made my point for me! I have a grip, EX. It's firmly fixed on reality.

You are right, I can't guarantee we won't get a top 3. My point is that it's a two man draft for a team like us.

With our organizational flaws, only an Oden or Durant will truly help. You just said that yourself about Thabeet.

I pray we get the pick. It won't help as long as Woody is here, but it would solidify not bringing him back when we underachieve next year.

You really think whoever we bring in could change this?

What was it you said a few weeks ago about retaining BK and Woody, and how your feelings for the organization would be?

It was something like this, if memory serves. russian.gif

Guess you changed your mind?

Quote:

It was something like this, if memory serves.

Guess you changed your mind?

I was joking, but only a little.

If the Hawks are able to get Oden then obviously that would make a huge difference. Even if they get the 3rd pick, draft Hibbert and then land Law with the Indy pick i think that would be a huge differene.

It goes without saying that i have no faith at all in BK to make the right choices but at least i am willing to wait and see if he disappoints me YET AGAIN before i start making predictions about next year.

I agree if we somehow luck out and draft Oden/Law we will INSTANTLY be a playoff team next hands down. Maybe even a top 4 seed. That is a guarantee. If we don't then Woody needs to be IMMEDIATELY fired.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I agree if we somehow luck out and draft Oden/Law we will INSTANTLY be a playoff team next hands down. Maybe even a top 4 seed. That is a guarantee. If we don't then Woody needs to be IMMEDIATELY fired.

33-49

Is that a guarantee of a 33-49 record if we draft Oden/Law and don't make any other significant changes to the roster?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

33-49

Is that a guarantee of a 33-49 record if we draft Oden/Law and don't make any other significant changes to the roster?

That's what I predict unless there is a major addition to the roster for next year.

Naaahhh I'll go to 35... But no higher.

• 8 months later...

Quote:

Quote:

We will not get the 3rd pick , so what exactly will be different next year?

Why don't you tell us all how you feel, since you said this year was not about winning and losing? What will next year be about? You know where we are headed. You just don't want to admit it.

Instead of trying to be thread police, why don't you tell us all what could change our situation? Or, just answer the damn question!

We will have the same team next year and whatever chump BK takes at 12 will be an underwhelming fixture of our 12 man lineup.

Does that help you to make a judgement? You don't have to wait months to know that BK will mess up the draft and Woody will be our coach. Enough said.

Great calls Mr Soothsayer!

Well, we got lucky and nabbed the 3rd pick.

Acie Law has been very underwhelming.

Unless Acie, goes off for a month or two, one could say BK messed up the draft.

Woody is still our coach. He has cost us a few games this year, imo, of course. We may not have a winning record. We barely have one now. I'm hoping, not betting.

So what exactly are you saying? And obviously, it was your attitude that set me off, as it does to many.

Quote:

Well, we got lucky and nabbed the 3rd pick.

Which is one reason i said we should wait before making a judgement. You of course dismissed this as nonsense.

Quote:

Acie Law has been very underwhelming.

Unless Acie, goes off for a month or two, one could say BK messed up the draft.

I don't recall anyone saying BK messed up the draft last summer, even people (like me) who would have made different picks. His picks were widely praised nationally.

Acie was hurt for awhile. Can't blame him for that.

I have dogged BK as much as anyone (i would have fired him years ago) but no way can i say he messed up this last draft.

Quote:

We may not have a winning record. We barely have one now.

Considering they started 3-6 i think it is a pretty significant accomplishment to have a winning record now. A month ago a lot of people were worried about the December schedule.

Quote:

So what exactly are you saying?

nothing other than the fact that you were wrong to start this thread before the lottery, as i said at the time.

You were also wrong to hit the panic button during the first week of this season.

So do you still think we won't sniff 35 wins?

Quote:

And obviously, it was your attitude that set me off, as it does to many.

Thanks for the info Mr Pot.

I seem to remember you making personal comments to me when i hadn't even said anything to you. But i am sure you forgot about that already.

Quote:

But i am sure you forgot about that already.

Of course I have. it was, like, a year ago and of no importance.

My problem then was with your thread policing. Bumpy and Bhayley start 10 threads a day, it seems. I don't go into every one of them and say that they are pointless. If people respond, the thread has a certain value, imo. If they don't want to talk about it, fine.

I never hit the panic button. This team has major flaws. I know that. I'll be as happy as the next guy if we make the playoffs. But that's not the ultimate goal, is it?