• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Borat

Plainview1981

TV comedian Sacha Baron Cohen stars as Borat a reporter who sets out to do a documentary and learn about american culture. Along the way he attends a rodeo, meets some Jews, and learns how to drive. After a while Borat gets off course as he sees Pamela Anderson on Baywatch and decides that she is the woman of his dreams, and sets out to California to make Pam his wife.

Along the way he runs into some of the most crazy situations that you simply must see to believe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Borat is obviousally an strange guy with strange ways of approaching people. Most of the times he manages to offend the strangers that he meets and it lead to some priceless scenes that will have you busting out laughing. He manages to make in fun of everyone at some point during this movie and it's often a fun thing to watch.

However, the movie does run out of steam with about 20 minutes to go and starts going for a couple of extreme gags that makes the movie seem like it's just desperate to keep the viewer watching. Some of the gags I'm speaking about are just so sickening. I'm not a prude, but seeing two naked dudes (one of them about 300 pounds) in a 69 position is something that doesn't really need to be seen.

Lastly, this movie surely is not for children.

7/10

Quote:

I was eagerly anticipating seeing this movie and I was really disappointed by it. Not to mention the gayish scene in the hotel was maybe the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.

This seems to be a polarizing movie. I give it 8/10!

Quote:

I was eagerly anticipating seeing this movie and I was really disappointed by it. Not to mention the gayish scene in the hotel was maybe the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.

That's indeed where the movie went downhill and fell flat. It's like it ran out of jokes and they decided to gross you out in the entire movie. That scene will surely be skipped on repeated viewings of the movie.

my friends hyped it up for me. i thought it was going to be one of the funniest movies ive seen in a while.

i didnt think it was that good. i wouldnt watch it again.

that hotel scene was sick.

i give it 5/10.

its watchable. you can see why people would like it.

but its not for me.

the same goes w/ the JACKASS movies.

Quote:

I thought it was great myself. The wrestling scene was the funniest thing in the whole movie, but then again, my manhood isn't threatened by seeing a naked fat guy on screen. 9/10.

I'll skip that scene. Seeing a 350 guy naked guy is just.... Yuck. I don't want to see a 350 women naked either. I'd skip the scene either way.

But that doesn't bring down the entire movie.

Quote:

The scene in the hotel with him trying to talk street was the funniest part.

...and I'm fairly sure that hotel was the Four Seasons on 14th Street, which kind of added something for me.

It was worth the first viewing, it's nothing I would want to watch multiple times, though.