• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ric Bucher: Hawks talking trade?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

How come no one here reported this to us...

From the Bucks' RealGM board:

Quote:

Ric Bucher reported on the finals pre-game show on ESPN radio hat the Bucks would be willing to move the number 6th and Villanueva to Atlanta for the number three, which they would use to select Al Horford. Stated that Horford is the consensus third best player in the draft and there will be a lot of maneuvering by different teams to try and snag him.

Also said Atlanta is talking to the Wizards about moving Brendan Haywood for Shelden Williams.

Interesting...I would imagine Childress would be going to Milwaukee.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Wouldn't Villanueva add to our forward glut? Not sure that would be wise. Of course they could probably get Conley at 6.

At 2 years, $6M, who cares? Especially if it allows you to take the PG you really wanted anyway.

Quote:

Quote:

Ric Bucher reported on the finals pre-game show on ESPN radio hat the Bucks would be willing to move the number 6th and Villanueva to Atlanta for the number three, which they would use to select Al Horford. Stated that Horford is the consensus third best player in the draft and there will be a lot of maneuvering by different teams to try and snag him.

Also said Atlanta is talking to the Wizards about moving Brendan Haywood for Shelden Williams.

Wow. Interesting stuff.

If we could get Haywood for Shelden that would be huge.

Trading down with the Buck would mean they are targeting Conley. I am definitely fine with that.

Getting Charlie V to move down to 6. Thats a good deal if it doesnt include Chills. Then we can snag Law at 6 cause after workouts I feel thats where his stock will be. He wont be around at 11.

If you did both of those deals and still had the 11th pick, I'd be all for it. You could still maybe, unlikely snag Yi @ 6 and take the best PG available at #11.

Speedy/Lue

JJ/Slim/AJ

Smoove/Marvin

Charlie/Jones

Haywood/ZaZa

Quote:

Yuck.

Quote:

Knight has always been looking for that big PF with range to come off the bench. Charlie V would be a great fit. Plus, everything he isn't (athletic, good D), Marvin and Smith are.

I agree i would have to pull the trigger on

Chill/3 for Charlie/6

Quote:

Quote:

I love it ! As long as our salary cap filler is not Chills. We should be ableto flip Wright or AJ to themas salary relief in 2008 and keep Chills.

Draft Hoford at #3 hold him until Bucks pick at #6. If Conley is still there (which he should be) pull that trigger and get Conley for our selves.

Could Chills / Sheldon / #11 get us a center worht anything ?

If we trade Shelden for Haywood I will walk to Atlanta from Houston just so I am extra pissed off from the walk to kick BKs ass. There is absolutely no way we are seriously considering this, are we? What has Haywood ever done other than be 7' tall? I could see trading the 11th pick or Childress, but not Shelden. Not after the finish he had to the season. It would make me absolutely sick to see him go to Washington and blow up while we are stuck with Haywood.

In regard to the 6th pick and Charlie V for the 3rd pick. Talent wise we win by a large margin. Charlie V is an extremely talented player. However he already has an injury history in the NBA and you have to wonder why a guy will be moving onto this 3rd team in 3 years, especially when he has been characterized as having some issues fitting in.

Quote:

Quote:

Knight has always been looking for that big PF with range to come off the bench. Charlie V would be a great fit. Plus, everything he isn't (athletic, good D), Marvin and Smith are.

I agree i would have to pull the trigger on

Chill/3 for Charlie/6

That's ridiculous!! Do you guys really undervalue Chillz that much?? slipping down 3 spots AND giving up a player who's not much if any less talented or valuable than Villenueva?? Why??

i would NOT do chill/3 for villa/6

however, i would do 3 for villa/6

i'd take pg at 11 still...

at 3 they'd take horford

so 4-5 would have to dodge yi...maybe memphis takes conley and boston wright?

if we could get yi/villa/law(critt) for just our 3/filler/11, i'd love that

but yi may not last until 6 frown.gif

AT 6'11 240 Charlie V would be apretty good backup to Smoove.And If Shelden was traded for Heywood , We wouldn't have a glut.

CV IN 06-07

11.8PPG 5.8REBS 0.9 APG 47% FG

He only Played in 39 games though

Quote:

Quote:

Wow that would be amazing

Villanueva AND the 6th pick and 11th pick?

Acie Law

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith/Charlie Villanueva

Shelden Williams/Joakim Noah

That's a freaking squad

• Premium Member

I hope this is just a smokescreen. I really do not like Charlie V or his utter lack of anything resembling defense. He's like a third rate version of Zach Randolph: less talent, less moves, less scoring, less defense. Not as crazy but also more injury prone.