• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest information (short)

Sothron

I agree on both your points 100%. I just don't want to deprive ourselves on value just b/c we have to do this or we have to do that. I'd rather move a current young player for a veteran than pass up a guy at #3 who everyone says is a can't miss prospect, etc. Anyhow, if Yi/Horford/Conley don't blow us away I'd offer Memphis this and this only:

#3/Zaza/Claxton/Salim for Pau

If Horford is REALLY who they want then they'll really have no choice. If they say no we simply see what other teams will outbid them. We must move Claxton in a deal involving #3 also. smile.gif

Anyways, this deal might not be fair since we really don't know what the #3 will turn out to be BUT we are trading ourselves out of the top 10 of a very deep draft and possibly giving up the best player in this draft outside of Oden/Durant. What that trade would allow us to do is move Childress for a PG and draft BPA. I think Jeff Green, Thaddeus Young, Crittenton, Stucky, Law, etc. would all be interesting picks at #11.

Calderon/AJ/Lue

Johnson

Marvin

Smith/Jones

Gasol/Shelden/Wright

Add the #11 to that. We'd probably need to pick up a wing to fill in for Childress. I'd be happy with the best of Green, Thaddeus, NYoung or Thornton.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's kind of the point I was confused about. What is it about Horford that has gotten teams so intent on moving for him. Is 6'10 with guns any 'smaller' than 7'0 with 'not what I call guns'? I think with Horford, a lot of folks are scared that he is just a little upgrade over Shelden.

Does Horford have 20/10 potential?

Me personally? I feel like what Yi would do business wise and media wise for us makes him nearly a can't miss prospect.

Quote:

Pau Gasol is much stronger and bigger than Yi and much closer to a center. Also, he isn't someone that we would be getting based on "potential".

If I knew Yi was going to be as good as Pau Gasol I would tell you to draft him right now and not worry about trading down or anything.

I'm sure a lot of other people who don't want Yi would feel the same way.

When i watch the CBA games it looks like none of the young Chinese guys have seen the inside of a weight room. I could be wrong about this but i don't think yi has done much, if any, lifting. I also think he has a frame that would respond fairly well to weight training.

Yi's perimeter skills are way beyond Pau and Yi could easily run circles around him. Remember than Pau weighed only 227 as a rookie which is probably what Yi is right now (the 246 listing is bogus).

If it comes down to trading for Pau or drafting Yi i say draft Yi.

• Premium Member

Quote:

first we don't need to get any younger.

So you mean to tell me that if Lebron James was available with the third pick, you would pass him up because "we don't need to get any younger?"

We don't need to get any younger is some BS that the GM tells the fans when he has spent a draft pick on an old ass veteran like Kevin Willis or Antonio Davis. I think when Toronto traded the pick that became Bender for Antonio Davis, I think the reason they did it was because they didn't need to get any younger. (BS). The talent always dictates what you take. We can have the youngest team in the NBA and if there's a very talented young player coming out... We would take him hands down. Age means NOTHING compared to talent. To prove my point, close your eyes. Imagine that on draft night, Seattle selects Yi JianLian with the second pick of the draft... Do we still not need to get any younger when Durant is available? QED.

Quote:

I don't think BK has log to prove himself.

BK's legacy is already set with passing over Deron and Paul for Marvin. It really doesn't matter what he does from now on. If Marvin never becomes what BK said, then BK can build a champion in Atlanta and people will always say" They could have had Deron but they passed over him". You're right, BK's days are numbered, But Charlie V. is not going to help BK. BK needs help in the form of Gasol, Healthy JO, or KG.. Maybe even a cheap pickup of Camby. Charlie V. is a BK type player (I suppose) but he's not ready to take us anywhere that the players we have can't take us.

• Premium Member

Quote:

weighed only 227 as a rookie which is probably what Yi is right now (the 246 listing is bogus).

Noah weighed out to 232. We have pictures of Noah side by side with Yi. Yi is legitimately about 10 pounds heavier than Noah.

I agree Diesel. Also keep in mind that our "young players" are now third and fourth year vets, in other words entering their prime. We don't have to add some 10 year vet in order to give us some legitimacy, we have that already in Lo Wright.

And to the Pau fans. Why in the hell would we trade Zaza, or only "kind of center" for Pau, who hates playing center.

So basically our rotation would be Pau, who hates playing center, a 6'8 center in Shelden, and an old Lo Wright...and we would be playing 22 mill per season just for the privilege. Not to mention we would have to resign Smoove. So in 2009 we will have this lineup

Speedy (6 mil)

JJ (14 mil)

Marvin (4mil)

Smoove (12 mil

Pau (15 mil)

Those are only approx numbers but we'd be paying our starting lineup 51 million dollars. And that is not including resiging Marvin to an extension....for a team that won't get our of the first round probably.

Quote:

It really doesn't matter what he does from now on. If Marvin never becomes what BK said, then BK can build a champion in Atlanta and people will always say" They could have had Deron but they passed over him".

This is a retarded statement. If BK turned this thing around into a championship all sins would be forgiven in a heartbeat.

• Premium Member

If Memphis takes Conley at #4, they've not only screwed themselves, but they've allowed Brandan Wright to drop to #6. Between CV and Wright, the Hawks would have a VERY tradeable chip.

So, go ahead, Memphis. Screw us over.

uglyhammer.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

If BK turned this thing around into a championship all sins would be forgiven in a heartbeat.

Did they ever forgive Joe Dumars for not selecting Carmello Anthony or Dwayne Wade?? Sure, he won a championship... But how many did he lose by not having Wade?

The same questions would be asked of us not selecting Deron or Paul..