• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest information (short)

Sothron

In the end, some combination of these players should be with the Hawks next year:

Ji, Horford, Gasol, Noah, Hawes, Villanueuva

Conley, Jack, Law, Critt

If we don't address every need (which is unlikely anyway) at least we have upgraded our talent and made progress in an offseason where we were lucky to just get a pick.

Zbo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Let's see.

We can trade down for Charlie and 6.

We can trade down for Dalembert and all of Philly's picks.

We can trade down to Lakers 19 and Kwame.

We can trade down to Boston for one of their PGs and 5.

None of those deals make any sense for us.

If you want to impress me:

#3, Marvin to Boston for #5, Jefferson. That's if you want to impress me.

Or #3 to Milwaukee for Bogut, #6.

We give up too much if we don't get back a big and a pick that can help our cause.

Or either Gasol, JO, or KG...

And even with those guys, their price tag is high... and it would have to be the right deal for us.

Please someone explain something to me.

Why on earth would we trade OUT of the #3 spot when a player or two has separated themselves from the rest? All we'd be doing is taking ourselves out of place to take the top player outside of Oden/Durant. I'm not willing to deprive myself of that opportunity for Charlie V. Also, I use to be HIGH on the idea of adding Gasol but the more I think about it, the more I'd rather add a player like Horford or Yi at $3-4M per compared to taking on Gasol's $15M+ per while giving up other quality players.

What if we could get Gasol, Charlie V, Conley Jr. and Noah out of this off-season? It would cost something I don't know if people would want to give up, but we could do it.

Trade #3/Lo for Charlie and #6

Trade Smoove/Lue/ZaZa for Gasol

Draft Conley @ #6

Draft Noah @ #11

Conley/Speedy/AJ

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chillz

Charlie V/Noah

Gasol/Shelden/Jones

We don't have a true C, but tell me that's not a BK kind of team? Our defense would suck about as bad as it does now. lol.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Why on earth would we trade OUT of the #3 spot when a player or two has separated themselves from the rest? All we'd be doing is taking ourselves out of place to take the top player outside of Oden/Durant. I'm not willing to deprive myself of that opportunity for Charlie V. Also, I use to be HIGH on the idea of adding Gasol but the more I think about it, the more I'd rather add a player like Horford or Yi at $3-4M per compared to taking on Gasol's $15M+ per while giving up other quality players.

They would do it if they felt they could fill several holes in one draft and one trade pickup. Keep in mind my sources never confirmed (or denied) the Ric Bucher rumor, just that the chances of our trading down in the draft was "rising".

Quote:

That is easy.

B/C Yi and Hoford's best position is Josh Smith's position. Smith is the same age and is better them. Prertty simnple concept.

Now if you are sold Hoford is the 2nd coming of Alonzo Mourning and be a full time center you take him. BK should have a better idea after workouts. I bet BK brings in ZaZa and Sheldon to test Hoford's ability as a center.

If the 2 players who seperated themslves from the pack were leget PGs ora C it would be easy.

I truely do not think THE OFFICIAL DECISION will be made till' draft day.

• Premium Member

Let me help you understand something.

I'm a Charlie V. fan.

That stated, I don't think that we get a good deal out of this proposed trade. I'm looking down the road here. I want that player who may be able to carry us like Gasol carried Memphis. I don't think anybody beyond 3 can do that. I don't think Charlie can do that. I think he'd be another good piece, but not a carrier. Moreover, this is our last draft pick for a couple of years. We ought to make it count!

• Premium Member

I know BK doesn't give a flying fig about all that and that's all irrelevant any way. We're discussing what makes sense for the Hawks. What R U talking about? Who's the best BK kiss up? Anybody can sit and email an owner all day until he gets a response. However, how many times have even the owners been wrong concerning BK? I'm just saying, that if you consider the way we have been going, this is the payoff pitch.

Some things I know about BK.

1. BK hates drafting PGs and he would really hate to draft a Small PG. Look at BK's wish list of PGs...:

Deron Williams.

Jarrett Jack.

Sam Cassell.

The thing that these three have in common is that they are all about 6'3". HE even traded a second rounder for Aj and Spent a second rounder on Ivey (passing up Duhon).

I'm Sure Conley Jr. is not in his vocabulary.

2. BK likes Versatile SF/PFs.

Some may take that to mean that BK really would like Charlie V. Hell he could have had Charlie V. years ago. He could have traded for Charlie V. last year. I don't think he gives up 3 draft spots for Charlie V. Now. However, Look at Yi. Yi has to be BK's wet dream. A Sf/PF who may one day be a PF/C...

You guys can go on believing that BK will pass on that, I say this is the same BK who traded a one dimensional 20/10 player Horford.. I mean Shareef for the chance to get Gasol. Unless he gets another shot at Gasol to save his new franchise, I put the money in the bank that Yi will be the next Hawk.

Quote:

Our team needs talent. That is the bottom line. Take the talent now and then make trades in Free Agency and during the trade deadline when you see what parts are staying and which are going.

That is what we have been doing for the last 4 years. Then we diss BK for passing on another PG.

We can't have it both ways. We have foward talent stock piled. If we have to many fowards some sit on the bench and their market value goes down for trades, not to mention tension in the locker room.

We need a cohesive team. The year we got Marvin we said: "lets get potential talent now and trade later." Well 2 years later and still waiting on a balanced roster.

My opinion is (in order):

1. make a trade for Gasol as long as we keep (#11, JJ, Smith). Use #11 for Jack or draft a PG.

If that can't happen then ....

2. Trade down for #6 if it means getting Conley and CV. We still have #11 to play with.

We could take BPA at #11 or package it in a trade.

Quote:

I laugh at people who argue that we can't draft Yi because of our glut of forwards...and then who they suggest? Pau Gasol. Hilarious.

Pau Gasol is much stronger and bigger than Yi and much closer to a center. Also, he isn't someone that we would be getting based on "potential".

If I knew Yi was going to be as good as Pau Gasol I would tell you to draft him right now and not worry about trading down or anything.

I'm sure a lot of other people who don't want Yi would feel the same way.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I laugh at people who argue that we can't draft Yi because of our glut of forwards...and then who they suggest? Pau Gasol. Hilarious.

Pau Gasol is much stronger and bigger than Yi and much closer to a center. Also, he isn't someone that we would be getting based on "potential".

If I knew Yi was going to be as good as Pau Gasol I would tell you to draft him right now and not worry about trading down or anything.

I'm sure a lot of other people who don't want Yi would feel the same way.

iagree.gif

NBA players are not allowed to workout against Draft Prospects. Would be a great way to see what they can do though.

It amazes me how everyone keeps talking up this Gasol trade idea, without even a mention of the Court restrictions the team is under right now. I say this trade has no chance of happening under the circumstances. The ASG are better off saving money for now, just paying Rookie Contracts, so my hunch is they keep the picks. Belkin, on the other hand would never approve Gasol's contract coming to a team that potentially could be his. The whole thing sounds like disinformation.

Quote:

NBA players are not allowed to workout against Draft Prospects. Would be a great way to see what they can do though.

It amazes me how everyone keeps talking up this Gasol trade idea, without even a mention of the Court restrictions the team is under right now. I say this trade has no chance of happening under the circumstances. The ASG are better off saving money for now, just paying Rookie Contracts, so my hunch is they keep the picks. Belkin, on the other hand would never approve Gasol's contract coming to a team that potentially could be his. The whole thing sounds like disinformation.

We can make trades for people with 4 years or less on their current contract. Gasol has 4 years left on his deal so it works !

Oops just looked on Hoopshype, you are right!!! Scratch the disinformation comment, maybe it is being discussed, because it can be discussed. But it is still my opinion that the ASG will keep the picks, draft Horford, and the most NBA ready PG. They are going to want to keep as many Rookie contracts on the books as long as they can, while the team ownership is up in the air.

OK I'm back to my 'Pau Gasol would be a great pickup' but am adding 'within reason'.

#3/Claxton/Zaza/Salim for Gasol

That is all I'd be willing to offer. I really don't want to trade out of the top 5 of this draft b/c we'd be guaranteed Horford/Yi/Conley. To do so, however, is going to cost. Now we can use Childress (if we are definitely going to move him) to get a PG, either Jack or Calderon would be fabulous and use #11 on BPA. Whether that is Jeff Green, Javaris Crittenton, Acie Law, Rodney Stuckey, Al Thornton, Thaddeus Young, etc.

Quote:

Two reasons: first we don't need to get any younger. Could use some vetran help.

Second, I don't think BK has log to prove himself. He's got to win sooner than later and that means he doesn't have time to bring in more projects.