• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Espn reporting Amare would likely come our way if.

WraithSentinel

anything happen with the trade being discuss. I don't know the details of the trade. KG to Phx,Amare to Atl, and bunch of picks to Min is my guess. It only make sense if the Hawks do deal the #3 pick. Amare will have to be involved, or else Min and Phx are just throwing darts at one another waiting for someone to give in.

Okay...here goes my best shot at a 3-way trade between Atlanta, Minnesota, and Phoenix. It's tough to make all the salaries work, but I got this one to go on the RealGM tradechecker...and I even think it looks pretty fair for all parties involved. It's a little different than my first try at this, because both Suns fans and T-Wolve fans on RealGM seemed to think the Suns were giving up too much in the original trade proposal. Okay, here goes:

ATLANTA TRADES:

3rd pick, 11th pick, Shelden, Salim, Lo, T-Lue, and AJ

ATLANTA RECIEVES:

Amare Stoudamire, Leandaro Barbosa

PHOENIX TRADES:

Stoudamire, Barbosa, 29th pick, KT, Banks, and Piatowski

PHOENIX RECEIVES:

Kevin Garnett, 11th pick, Salim Stoudamire

MINNESOTA TRADES:

Kevin Garnett

MINNESOTA RECIEVES:

3rd pick, (7th pick), Shelden, 29th pick

and

the expiring contracts of Lo, AJ, T-Lue, KT, and Piatowski

and

One bad contract in Marcus Banks to make the salaries work

Your 2007-2008 Atlanta Hawks:

G: Leandoro Barbosa / Speedy Claxton

G: Joe Johnson / Josh Childress

F: Marvin Williams / Josh Childress

F: Josh Smith / Solomon Jones

C: Amare Stoudamire / Zaza Pachulia

I think that's a playoff team EASY if healthy...and possibly next year's Eastern Conference Champions!

I have a Pharmacology final Friday morning. And I can't freaking focus on studyinig cuz I'm so excited about Thurs! I've never checked a website so often as I've been checking Hawksquawk the last 2 weeks. Please let us do something big....whether its Amare or Gasol + Calderon...please, please let it happen. I don't wanna fail my final for nothing!!

And I'm so ready to start talking smack back to all my friends who have been making jokes about the Hawks for oh so so long now.

Here's the latest over on ESPN.com:

Quote:

Yet an even bigger trade concept, ESPN.com has learned, was hatched Tuesday by the Wolves, in which Phoenix would likely be asked to send the player it has been trying not to trade to the Atlanta Hawks: All-NBA center Amare Stoudemire.

Either way, NBA front-office sources say that Garnett being moved in conjunction with Thursday's draft looks more likely than ever before, with the Suns -- identified by ESPN.com last week as KG's first choice for a new home -- in prime position to make the big score.

In the newer trade scenario, sources say, Minnesota is looking to acquire Atlanta's No. 3 and No. 11 picks in the draft along with several cap-friendly contracts from the Hawks and Suns. To participate, Atlanta wants Stoudemire from Phoenix.

Such a trade would hold significantly greater appeal to Minnesota than any Celtics' offer that didn't include Jefferson. The Hawks, meanwhile, would be able to reunite Stoudemire with ex-Suns teammate Joe Johnson and immediately possess a promising big-and-small core to build around given the current state of the Eastern Conference.

The Suns, though, are understandably reluctant to part with Stoudemire after the 24-year-old made the All-NBA first team in what appears to be the most successful comeback from microfracture knee surgery that the NBA has ever witnessed.

Sounds like things are really heating up. I've got to get some sleep, but it's hard when all this stuff is happening right before the draft. Amare Stoudmaire and Josh Smith in the same frontcourt? In the Eastern Conference? Would that be the most exciting, athletic front court pairing of all time? And could we find a way to land a PG too? If so, BK's new name will be super-awesome-mega-genius in my book from now on...I'll take back every disparringing word I've ever said.

I'm liking the Amare talk much more than the Pau Gasol talk. Amare brings it on both ends of the floor, and he's much more physical in the paint than Pau Gasol will ever be.

Oh, but I'm sure we have a few on here that don't believe Amare will be playing center for us if we get him. After all, he isn't 7'0", 270 lbs.

An Amare trade would be incredible. It seems that people are only talking about Calderon if we get Pau as well. Is that some kind of Spanish package deal where he will dart after the year to play with Gasol if we don't get both? I think he would be a perfect PG for the JJ, Marvin, JSmith, Amare lineup if we could get him straight up for Childress.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm liking the Amare talk much more than the Pau Gasol talk. Amare brings it on both ends of the floor, and he's much more physical in the paint than Pau Gasol will ever be.

Oh, but I'm sure we have a few on here that don't believe Amare will be playing center for us if we get him. After all, he isn't 7'0", 270 lbs.

I am not opposed to Amare and while I do think he can play center (same with Horford) he really is not that good of a defensive player. I also hope if we do get him that his microfracture knee can actually hold up over a career.

There was a growing sentiment around the league Tuesday night that the Kevin Garnett sweepstakes are nearing a conclusion and that the Phoenix Suns are the most likely winners, with two trade scenarios emerging that could potentially land Garnett in the desert by draft night.

With the Los Angeles Lakers' attempts to construct a multi-team deal or a direct trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves collapsing, ESPN's Jim Gray reports that talk of a potential three-team trade that would involve Minnesota, Boston and Phoenix has been rekindled, in which the primary cost to the Suns would be All-Star forward Shawn Marion moving to the Celtics.

Yet an even bigger trade concept, ESPN.com has learned, was hatched Tuesday by the Wolves, in which Phoenix would likely be asked to trade away the player it has been trying not to trade, All-NBA center Amare Stoudemire, who would go to the Atlanta Hawks.

Either way, indications from various NBA front-office sources suggest that Garnett being moved in conjunction with Thursday's draft looks more likely than ever before, with the Suns -- identified by ESPN.com last week as KG's first choice for a new home -- in prime position to make the big score.

In the scenario reported by Gray, Garnett would go to Phoenix, Boston would land Marion and the Wolves would receive a package featuring the No. 5 overall pick in Thursday's draft along with undisclosed players from the Celtics and Suns.

The key stumbling block for Boston would be Marion's reluctance to play for the Celtics, which sources say was conveyed to both teams last week when the idea of a three-team trade involving these clubs was first made public. With Marion possessing the right to opt out of his contract after next season and become a free agent in July 2008, Boston would undoubtedly be seeking assurances from Marion's camp that he's interested in signing an extension with the Celtics, even though league rules technically would preclude such negotiations until after July 1 (and after the trade).

Another possible stumbling block: Minnesota, sources say, has been adamant that any trade with Boston would include Al Jefferson. The Celtics, in turn, are willing to part with Jefferson only if they're the team that gets Garnett. It remains to be seen if either side softens its stance in the final hours before the draft.

In the newer trade scenario, sources say, Minnesota is looking to acquire Atlanta's No. 3 and No. 11 picks in the draft along with several cap-friendly contracts from the Hawks and Suns. To participate, Atlanta wants Stoudemire from Phoenix.

Such a trade would hold significantly greater appeal to Minnesota than any Celtics' offer that didn't include Jefferson. The Hawks, meanwhile, would be able to reunite Stoudemire with ex-Suns teammate Joe Johnson and immediately field a promising big-and-small core to build around and make Atlanta competitive, given the current state of the Eastern Conference.

The Suns, though, are understandably reluctant to part with Stoudemire after he made the All-NBA first team in what appears to be the most successful comeback from microfracture knee surgery that the NBA has ever witnessed.

The Lakers, meanwhile, haven't abandoned all hope of partnering Garnett with the increasingly frustrated Kobe Bryant just yet. Another concept in circulation Tuesday raised the possibility of a multi-team trade in which the Indiana Pacers' Jermaine O'Neal would go to Atlanta, with Lakers forward Lamar Odom and young center Andrew Bynum heading to the Pacers. That package, at worst, would send the No. 3 pick in the draft to Minnesota as the main payoff for Garnett.

But the Suns increasingly look like the favorites, given that Phoenix is Garnett's preferred destination if he has to leave the only NBA city he has ever known and with the Suns clearly possessing more trade assets. The Wolves are looking for a combination of high draft picks, top young talent and expiring contracts to provide cap relief. The Lakers don't have a draft pick higher than No. 19 to offer and Minnesota, sources say, is not interested in Odom because of the two years and nearly $28 million left on the lanky lefty's contract.

It's believed that the Suns will continue trying to keep Stoudemire out of any deal, but sources say that the athletically gifted 24-year-old is not untouchable -- not with the Wolves having finally made the philosophical commitment to end the Garnett Era after years of speculation and with Phoenix feeling as though there is no better player it could acquire to counter San Antonio's Tim Duncan, who is seen as the Suns' biggest obstacle to getting out of the Western Conference playoffs.

Sources say Minnesota, furthermore, clearly hopes to complete a Garnett trade before the draft begins in hopes of securing a pick in first half of the lottery to go with its own No. 7 selection. The fact that Wolves owner Glen Taylor left the country for China on Tuesday afternoon for his honeymoon doesn't appear to have slowed the Wolves down at all.

Yet it remains to be seen if the Hawks, who have been notoriously reluctant to make roster moves of any sort for months because of their uncertain ownership situation, will actually commit to join in on a trade of this magnitude.

In any case, it's a trade that, even without completion, has seemingly eclipsed one of the most anticipated drafts in years.

on the poster above, doctors say that Amare will definitley need surgery on his knee, sometime in his career again. Another thins is, we're giving up the 11th pick, 3rd pick, and our cap room, how are we gonna get a PG?

Maybe BK is getting wise.

After years of NBA free agents posturing to come to Atlanta just so they could get the deal the really wanted from the team they were going to anyway - maybe BK learned the trick.

See: Sam Cassell, Erik Dampier, Kenyon Martin

I see us getting involved with the KG/Amare deal just to scare the 11th pick out of the Gasol trade. If Memphis is convinced that we have other suitors for the #3,#11 and we are just offering the #3 to Memphis then the Grizz back off and take our low ball bid. We might even get to keep Chill who we could deal for Calderon straight up. That would leave us with #11 to take Stucky.

Come on BK - trust your feelings

jedi.gif

The longer these trade talks go on, the more disgruntled Garnett is going to get ... there have been no recent declarations that "We are not trading Kevin Garnett" ... there is no turning back now, and they've said they want our picks, so either way .. I think the Hawks are getting someone huge out of this.