• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody see this one?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

According to a league source, the Warriors had a deal on the table that would send Ellis to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the No. 11 overall pick. The move up in the draft presumably would have been a first step toward getting one of the most promising players in the draft, Chinese forward Yi Jianlian.

Yi has reportedly been the apple of the Warriors' eyes for a while, and Golden State has been listed by Yi's camp as one of the few places he'd like to play because of the Bay Area's strong Asian presence.

But according to most mock drafts and expert opinions, Yi isn't expected to be around by the time the Warriors would get to use that No. 11 pick. That means the Warriors likely were working on another deal to move up even higher, using their own first-rounder (No. 18 overall) and the pick from the Hawks as trade bait.

The deal was in place and ready to go Tuesday morning. The only holdup was a green light from Chris Mullin, the Warriors executive vice president of basketball operations. Either Mullin fell out of love with the deal or he couldn't nail down Part II of his master plan -- using the new first-round pick to help get high enough to draft Yi (or maybe even Florida's Al Horford or North Carolina's Brendan Wright, if the Yi talk is just a diversion).

Quote:

Quote:

According to a league source, the Warriors had a deal on the table that would send Ellis to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the No. 11 overall pick. The move up in the draft presumably would have been a first step toward getting one of the most promising players in the draft, Chinese forward Yi Jianlian.

Yi has reportedly been the apple of the Warriors' eyes for a while, and Golden State has been listed by Yi's camp as one of the few places he'd like to play because of the Bay Area's strong Asian presence.

But according to most mock drafts and expert opinions, Yi isn't expected to be around by the time the Warriors would get to use that No. 11 pick. That means the Warriors likely were working on another deal to move up even higher, using their own first-rounder (No. 18 overall) and the pick from the Hawks as trade bait.

The deal was in place and ready to go Tuesday morning. The only holdup was a green light from Chris Mullin, the Warriors executive vice president of basketball operations. Either Mullin fell out of love with the deal or he couldn't nail down Part II of his master plan -- using the new first-round pick to help get high enough to draft Yi (or maybe even Florida's Al Horford or North Carolina's Brendan Wright, if the Yi talk is just a diversion).

Be glad. Ellis is not a PG and he is up for RFA next offseason.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Unlikely:

Dwight Howard

Kidd

Kaman

Biedrins

Ellis

Richardson

In an earlier post, Ron said that he sources said that Ellis was unlikely.

However, the Hawks had a deal on the table for Ellis for #11 that was nixed by Mullin on Tuesday. There's some conflict there. Especially considering Ellis is not a name that has come up in any of the Sothron's reports.

Quote:

Quote:

Unlikely:

Dwight Howard

Kidd

Kaman

Biedrins

Ellis

Richardson

However, the Hawks had a deal on the table for Ellis for #11 that was nixed by Mullin on Tuesday. There's some conflict there. Especially considering Ellis is not a name that has come up in any of the Sothron's reports.

He said it was unlikely, but wouldn't a trade that got nixed be considered unlikely? I don't know if his sources are legit or not, but I don't agree with your discrediting them based on that.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Unlikely:

Dwight Howard

Kidd

Kaman

Biedrins

Ellis

Richardson

Well Heavy D call me crazy but I think a trade that was rejected by another team would classify as "unlikely" to happen. shhh.gif Don't tell anyone else though, you'll blow my cover!

• Admin

I don't want Ellis anyway.

We got to stop looking at these talented but undersized shooting guards as our fix to our pg problems.

Ellis/Barbosa/Terry etc are players that do not run an offense well. Yes they are exciting, yes they look like point guards, yes they can dribble the ball. However, that is not what we need. We have these type of players in Salim and Lue.

We need a pass first point guard. A pg that looks to get others involved and looks for his offence after the fact. We don't need a 20 point scorer for this position. We need a guy who will make his teammates better. It is what we are missing. I would rather have Ridnour or Jack then Ellis. They are not as flashy or as good a scorer but they are real point guards.

I have a feeling Law is going to be the same type of player. If we are drafting a pg then Conely, if he is gone then Critt.

• Premium Member

I'm just saying...

GS sources said...

The deal was to happen on Tuesday... but at the last minute got nixed.

In all that time...

No breaking report from Ron's sources about the deal. In fact, the only time Ellis' name came up, it was to say that it's unlikely that we could get him.

I'm sorry, if my deal gets nixed at the 11 and 1/2 hour, I wouldn't say that a deal for the player is unlikely. As a bargainer, you know that you can probably sweeten the pot and get the deal done.

After I heard about that and read the whole story out of GS, I started to think that #3 and Zaza (for instance) could probably get Ellis/Biedrins if we want. However... "the source" claims that both of those players are unlikely. I don't know, that's suspect to me.

Either GS sources are bad or....

• Premium Member

With how much information that was verified by other sources and media outlets I have broke on this site you will forgive me if I'm scoffing that one trade that I declared "unlikely" was in fact verified to be nixed by the other team's GM.

Its like being an agnostic and going to Jesus and asking Him if God is real. shrug.gif

Quote:

I'm just saying...

Either GS sources are bad or....

Thanks Diesel, I appreciate you looking out for us, but most of us Hawksquawkers are big boys and can decide for ourselves if Sothron is credible or not. I take every piece of information I get from an "insider" with a grain of salt.

Let the insiders give their information, and if it's false it's false. No one is asking Sothron to be our babies godfather or anything for this stuff. It is just a nice service we all appreciate and adds some flavor to the board.

Chill out Sherlock!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Its like being an agnostic and going to Jesus and asking Him if God is real.

You're claiming to be Jesus based on what you've said about a source??

That's funny.

I could destroy your "church" in ten minutes if I wanted to... What does that make me?

However, I'll let you continue your bases covered talks unless you really wanted me to. I just wanted verification about the GS source... I found it interesting that we're after Ellis (who I don't consider a PG)...

• Premium Member

I have no idea what you are talking about. I told you that GS offered us Ellis and we rejected it. Chris Mullin can spin it any way he wants. Knight countered with wanting Biedrins and Mullin would not agree to that deal. Ellis was offered, yes, but the real player we wanted was Biedrins. Hence why I put Ellis in the "unlikely" column before Mullin ever piped up. His spin on that trade and our rejecting it just proves after the fact that my earlier report was accurate.

I honestly do not see the confusion. Who else mentioned Ellis before I did? Answer: no one. Who else mentioned the Ellis was offered and rejected by us before I did? Answer: no one.

If you don't believe me then fine, trust me, it won't cause any lack of sleep on my end. munching_out.gif

• Premium Member

Unfortunately I do not believe you.

I see everything you say on Hoopshype (before you say it)... along with your playing everyside possible.

But mainly I don't believe you because you revealed your source once before...

Quote:

If you guys saw my posts at realgm.com I have a friend that is friend with the Pacers training staff and has a small business he co-owns with one of the assistant trainers. He told me last week that the deal that was going to go down was Tinsley/2007 1st rounder for Harrington.

The problem?

Tinsley heard about it and he refused to come in for a physical. In point of fact he ducked out of town and is currently MIA to avoid taking the physical. It is his way of protesting a trade to Atlanta.

Click here

Now, if this guy who you called your "source" last summer isn't "your source".. then why didn't you just ask "your source" last summer to verify what you were saying then? Especially being that you and "your source" has so many years of close friendship.?

Since you used an analogy last time... allow me.

It's like going to ask a girlfriend of a girlfriend of the girl that you're dating her favorite color, when you can get it directly from her.

Too much of what you're saying is nonspecific. But Like Bosstweed say, we're all big boys... We can believe who we want. I just can't for the life of me figure out why you work the "believers" up into a frenzy? What's the purpose?

So, I'm sure you're not losing sleep.. but this has just been ONE man's opinion... Based on research! Maybe you can get Shanks to validate you.