• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

VarsitySlacker

Quote:

the combine numbers have caused u go to insane

No what is insane is ignoring the fact that Crit was garbage in the postseason and against tough competition. And this great "upside" isn't so high relative to Law since he is only an inch bigger and slower.

Crit didn't seem too happy after working out against Law. And there can't be that much interest in him since he won't be in the Green Room. Maybe the other GM's know something you don't.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we took Conley at #3, then I'd say just take the best value at #11, even if that player doesn't specifically fit our needs. Ala if Brewer were to drop that far (HIGHLY unlikely, but just an example), then grab him! Same with Jeff Green. Those players have high value, and would be easily tradeable if we wanted to move them for a player that actually fills a need- though I would keep Brewer personally, no matter what. But that's moot IMO, cause he ain't gonna be there.

or for Gasol/Calderon.

Barring that, I'd like to draft Horford at #3 and trade Zaza/#11 for Camby.

Finally, if we can't get a deal done, I'd take Horford at #3 and see who falls to us at #11. Something tells me that SOMEONE we all don't expect to be there between Conley, Yi, Noah and Brandan Wright will be sitting there and that is who I would take. If none of those 4 are there, I'd take Law (although I would be tempted to take Stuckey or Crittenton).

• Moderators

You can put me down on the record for the following, assuming no trades:

#3 - Horford IF my scouts say he can play center, otherwise Yi

#11 - I would select people in the following order:

Conley

Yi

Noah

B. Wright

Law

Hawes

Green

Crittenton

A trade is at the top of my list. Amare, Gasol/Calderon, Camby, Jack, etc.

If we're holding the picks...

1. Conley/BPA.

Conley will be a much better pro than any of the PGs available in the draft. I'd hope for a guy like Noah at #11, but wouldn't count on him being there. I'd be fine with Stuckey at #11.

2. Horford/Law

Law screams Jason Terry to me, but it's an improvement over Speedy, just not the ideal one. Horford will be a solid interior player. I think he plays Center. I just think Conley's impact on this team trumps his.

Players I want absolutely no part of: Brandan Wright, Julian Wright, Javaris Crittenton

1. Amare. Want no part of Gasol or Garnett

If we can't get Amare I want

#3 Horford. Yi doesn't give us the need at center. I think Horford can at least give us some minutes at center.

#11 either trade for Ellis or Calderon or draft Conley, Stuckey, Law in that order.

Quote:

For the people wanting Yi ?? What position is he going to play. He's only going to take time away from Smoove and Marvin and they need all the time they can get to improve... Forget what he could do for business we would suck with him ....

I like Yi and think he's going to pass Marvin by and form a solid and versatile forward combo with Smith. I don't think you pass on someone who's going to be better than what you have, just because you have it. I think of it as looking to the future rather than trying to cover up past mistakes. More solid than Smith and Horford, because in my opinion neither of them solves the center problem. So I'd go:

- Yi @ 3

- Conley @11 if he falls, otherwise any of the other PG's would be ok there.

Guest Walter

1) Trade both picks or #3 and MW for Amare.

2) Yi and Conley (unlikely)

3) Yi and Critt

4) Yi and Law

5) Yi and Noah

6) Trade 3 and young prospect + contracts for Gasol

7) Horford and Conley (unlikely)

8) Conley and Noah

9) Horford and Critt

10) Horford and Law

I don't even want to think about anything beyond this line.

W