• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So far all Phoenix got for JJ was Diaw and cash

NJHAWK

to help pay Diaw. lol I can see why Suns fans are so uptight. They are on the brink of a title and their franchise player is not getting younger but instead of adding or keeping pieces they keep trading away players and picks cause they are cheap. They are so good but refuse to try to get over the hump cause it would actually cost them a little money. I hope if the Spirit keep this team and we wind up in the same situation, minus Belkin, that we would try to add the missing piece or at least keep our picks instead of trading them for cASH. LOL

They sold the first one we gave them to Boston in last year's draft. Boston picked Rajon Rondo. Rondo went on to flourish in Boston this past year. His speed and defense are at a level matched by few in this league.

The sad part of the story is that is that later if free agency, Phoenix signed point guard Marcus Banks who didn't exactly play up to expectations in Phoenix. If Phoenix had that one to do over again, I guarantee they'd keep the pick and take Rondo. (who by the way will make less than half of what Banks will make this coming season)

As far as the second pick we owe them, we can totally screw them up by making the playoffs this year. If we give them a pick in the 20's, their owner will probably make them sell it again.

There was actually a thread at the Suns board over at realgm. It was talking about how much money they saved by selling one of their pick. I think that is the first time I have seen that. Let say they do get the #1 pick. They will likely sell it to save a few dollars.

No its just 1 draft pick and that will be our pick next year. That other pick we gave them was Bostons which Phoenix traded back to Boston for this years pick 24 which Phoenix traded for cash. If we make the playoffs next year and Phoenix gets another pick in the 20's and sells it then it will have been a staright up Diaw for JJ trade. That is an old Texas bushwack.

Wouldn't that be hilarious if the Hawks made the playoffs and that pick of Phoenix's ended up in the 20s instead of the top-5, all while the Suns fall short in the postseason (again)? After the abuse we took for making the deal, that would be too sweet. If that happenned, the JJ deal wouldn't be just a steal; it would be BK all but donning a ski mask, a flac jacket, while carrying a loaded AK-47, and going into the Suns' front office to have a 'chat' with management regarding JJ. tongue.gif

Funny, where's Bill Walton to sing Diaw's praises now? I think even he jumped off the bandwagon after he showed his true colors; something us Hawk fans knew all along.

Even bigger than Walton what about Belkin whose actions have put the hand-cuffs on this franchise and caused innumerable problems with potential trades. If we end up only giving Phx a pick in the 20s plus an over-priced, under-performing Diaw, Belkin's entire issue that started the fractioning of the ownership group is shown to be what it truly was, a power grab.

Quote:

Wouldn't that be hilarious if the Hawks made the playoffs and that pick of Phoenix's ended up in the 20s instead of the top-5, all while the Suns fall short in the postseason (again)? After the abuse we took for making the deal, that would be too sweet. If that happenned, the JJ deal wouldn't be just a steal; it would be BK all but donning a ski mask, a flac jacket, while carrying a loaded AK-47, and going into the Suns' front office to have a 'chat' with management regarding JJ.
tongue.gif

Funny, where's Bill Walton to sing Diaw's praises now? I think even he jumped off the bandwagon after he showed his true colors; something us Hawk fans knew all along.

Diaw was and is still a good unselfish player.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Wouldn't that be hilarious if the Hawks made the playoffs and that pick of Phoenix's ended up in the 20s instead of the top-5, all while the Suns fall short in the postseason (again)? After the abuse we took for making the deal, that would be too sweet. If that happenned, the JJ deal wouldn't be just a steal; it would be BK all but donning a ski mask, a flac jacket, while carrying a loaded AK-47, and going into the Suns' front office to have a 'chat' with management regarding JJ.
tongue.gif

Diaw was and is still a good unselfish player.

Who is overly passive and overpaid to the point that Phoenix would give him away if they could. However, no one else can use him at PF/C like Phoenix which makes him worth less to other teams than to the Suns (meaning no trade is likely).

• Moderators

Quote:

Well, it doesn't matter if PHX sells our #1 pick next year for a bag of donuts...we still won't have it.
stirthepot.gif

But we will have Joe Johnson. We may have dodged a bullet by getting lucky in the lottery this year. We still need to step up and start winning right now, though.

• Moderators

Quote:

Overpaying him is phx's problem.

If their option was overpay him or lose him that just goes to how much value he has added to their team beyond that first year. If they rented him for a season and lost him that would be a pretty neglible loss for Atlanta. If you had to overpay him to keep him then that is of limited value as well. The only scenario where Diaw ends up being a lost asset in the deal is if Phoenix didn't have to overpay him but simply chose to do so.

• Moderators

Quote:

they traded the Cleveland pick this year for cash?

I watched the draft at a bowling alley in the Ozark Mountains. LOL

To their up-and-coming rival in Portland, no less. They are being penny-wise and pound-foolish with these picks.