• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Darko???

djcorley

Real GM is reporting that Rashard Lewis had agreed to sign with Orlando and as a result they will allow Darko to become and unrestricted FA!!!

He'd be a great get for the post...I wonder if they'd be willing to work out a sign and trade???

If so:

What kind of deal could we put together...I'm thinking something centered around Shelden or ZaZa...I'm sure they want a Big back???

What's the consensus?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just beat me to it.

I'm definitely game to throw out a little offer to Darko.

Smith/Horford/Darko would be one of the best defensive frontcourts in the NBA.

He averaged almost 2 blocks per game with less than 30 minutes.

Zaza/Salim, would that get it done? Would it take Shelden?

Would Zaza/Shelden for Darko/DraftPick be too much? I assume Darko will command in the $6-8M range? Those two players would keep us from taking on any additional salary.

Law(24)/Claxton(24)

JJ(35)/Childress(13)

Marvin(30)/Childress(16)/Smith(2)

Smith(30)/Horford(8)/Jones(10)

Darko(28)/Horford(20)/Wright(0)

I REALLY like that roster. Assuming we move AJ or Lue for a vet with an expiring contract or a future 2nd.

Quote:

Just beat me to it.

I'm definitely game to throw out a little offer to Darko.

Smith/Horford/Darko would be one of the best defensive frontcourts in the NBA.

He averaged almost 2 blocks per game with less than 30 minutes.

Zaza/Salim, would that get it done? Would it take Shelden?

Would Zaza/Shelden for Darko/DraftPick be too much? I assume Darko will command in the $6-8M range? Those two players would keep us from taking on any additional salary.

Law(24)/Claxton(24)

JJ(35)/Childress(13)

Marvin(30)/Childress(16)/Smith(2)

Smith(30)/Horford(8)/Jones(10)

Darko(28)/Horford(20)/Wright(0)

I REALLY like that roster. Assuming we move AJ or Lue for a vet with an expiring contract or a future 2nd.

Darko is horrible. A terrible bust.

I would love to add him to this team...Our front court would be ridiculously deep.

Package AJ/Lue/Lo for a back-up SG that can get some points for us, and we are well on our way to the playoffs!!

Law/Speedy/Salim

JJ/ Trade

MW/Chillz

Smoove/Horford/Shelden

Darko/Zaza/Shelden/Horford

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

WHAT

THE

[censored]

he is an UNRESTRICTED FA

and u wanna just hand over zaza/slim for him?

WTF

he's UNRESTRICTED

if you don't have the cap room you have to pay Orlando for the right to sign him. even unrestricted.

Yep. That is exactly why Indiana gave us Acie Law for Al Harrington when he was an unrestricted FA.

Quote:

Quote:

WHAT

THE

[censored]

he is an UNRESTRICTED FA

WTF

he's UNRESTRICTED

if you don't have the cap room you have to pay Orlando for the right to sign him. even unrestricted.

I don't think they can SNT him now since they renounced his rights.

Darko had a pretty horrible year and looked pretty unmotivated for a guy on a contract year. He shot 45%, didn't rebound and didn't look as good defensively. I think he is messed up in the head.

Quote:

...Darko is horrible. A terrible bust.

I don't know if I'd go quite that far but it's obvious that Orlando is fed up with him and tired of waiting. They see other non-playoff teams nipping at their heals by bringing in talent (Celts-Bobcats-NYK...OK NYK isn't exactly "nipping", but you know what I mean). They gotta make a move like this to try to move up in the EC next year. Plus, with the salary cap likely moving North this might not be a bad deal at all (Rashard that is)...a big scoring forward alongside Howard is going to be formidable.

Getting back to Darko, from what I've read they don't think he has the intensity yet to be a real cog on a contending playoff team. Get Darko here and play him alongside Marvin and we could have the "all-lolligaggers" team.

(kidding - couldn't resist tongue.gif)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WHAT

THE

[censored]

he is an UNRESTRICTED FA

WTF

he's UNRESTRICTED

I don't think they can SNT him now since they renounced his rights.

Darko had a pretty horrible year and looked pretty unmotivated for a guy on a contract year. He shot 45%, didn't rebound and didn't look as good defensively. I think he is messed up in the head.

he'll be signing for the full MLE somewhere then. boy if you are right that cost him some big bucks.

he's not in that bad of shape afterall

he has until the 10th to sign a one year qualifying offer of 6.8 to 7.5 million. if he does so he can become unrestricted again next year with the possibility of a S&T.

also GSW have a 10 million dollar trade exception. they may not be looking to use it, but it is there. food for thought.

Well before you have a heart attack Nicholas understand that we are AT the cap right now. We'd HAVE To trade for him to make room on the payroll for him. Orlando would have to AGREE to a trade so it must be someone that they would value. Relax...