McDonald's AA Game Standouts

KB21

LEBRON JAMES!!!! This kid is an NBA player right now. He's the complete package. The kid has it all, and he may step right into the league and average 20 ppg and 6 apg as a rookie. His body is mature, and mentally, he is a very mature player. He's got that instinct that you see in the great players. He makes those around him better.

James Lang -- Obviously, he's got to work on his body, but he's very active under the basket and shows very good athleticism for his size. He showed soft hands, the ability to score around the hoop, and good rebounding ability. Give him a year or two to develop and get conditioned, and you may have a dominant center on your hands.

Chris Paul -- This guy is going to be a fabulous point guard at Wake Forest. He's got the size, athleticism, and all the skills. He also has that 6th sense that the great point guards have.

Kendrick Perkins -- Didn't really see much from him, and I think Lang is the better prospect at this point.

Travis Outlaw -- Tremendous athlete, limited basketball skills. A Darius Miles clone at this time.

Charlie Villanueva -- Tremendous talent that looked really good in this game, but he carries the tag that he doesn't play with much emotion. He can be a Lamar Odom type player, IMO.

James is head and shoulders above everyone though. He's clearly ready to make the jump. These other guys, with the exception of maybe Lang, aren't ready.

I'd really consider drafting Lang if I were the Hawks. You may not get the results you desire for a year and a half to two years, but you could have a dominant big man with him with some patience.

Even with all the great players around him, it is not even close he is head and shoulders above the rest. His physical maturatity is simply amazing. And his passing is w/o a doubt the best ive seen from a young player ever. I really hopes he does good at the pro level with all the high expectations on him although I do think he is worthy of any expectation he receives.

Go Hawks,

Todd

I disagree with you on Lang KB21, he looked fat, out of shape, and could barely get high enough to dunk. IMO he nowhere near as athletic as Eddie Curry. He looks more like a Stanley Roberts clone to me.

James is exactly what the hawks need. He will be a PG in the NBA. He won't guard PG's but he will play it on offense. He made more amazing passes in that game than I have seen from the Hawks all year.

Also I don't know who that little PG was for the East, but that kid has some serious talent. He managed to run the team in an allstar game. That is no small accomplishment.

Just got done watching a tape of the game...

I've tried before to tell people that James can play PG, but nobody would listen. If you're not sold on him after that game, you're blind.

Did anyone even notice him scoring 27 points? His best plays came on passes to open teammates. I don't care what you call him...PG, SG, or SF...he's one of those players like T-Mac or Kobe that, by having the ball in his hands at all times, makes his team better.

It's hard to say how well he will play in the NBA next year, because alot will depend on the situation he lands in. But, I honestly think he can come in and average 15+ ppg.

Other thoughts:

None of the other players impressed me enough to where I can say that any of them look NBA-ready right now. I remember guys like Kwame and Curry looking much more advanced than these guys.

Chris Paul going to Wake scares me as a Duke fan. Humphries looked good, which is a plus. Dissapointed that Deng was injured, because he is supposed to be the closest thing to LeBron. Lavender (Oklahoma) will be an excellent college PG, but his size will keep him out of the NBA. Shannon Brown was also very impressive, Michigan State will be a serious contender under Izzo as soon as next year. Miss. St. did an excellent job by getting Outlaw and Butler, right KB?