• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign Horford and Law

bretski33

Quote:

Dwight Howard was abused by Diop in his first SL game. Tim Duncan was abused by Ostertag, and Oden was badly outplayed by Leon Powe. Paul Milsap is better than all those players. The point he was trying to make is, the NBA game is a big adjustment, and on top of being a four year starter in college, Millsap also has a year of NBA experience and is a very strong player. If Horford struggled somewhat, it wouldn't be a huge shocker. Not at all.

It's a relief to see that some people understand.

Im just considered a Horford Homer making excuses for the guy

Look if he sucks on D like Yi and Oden have, then sure that's a red flag because he's supposed to be a lot more NBA ready than they are.

Im just saying if he just simply gets outplayed which means if Milsap outscores him by a few buckets, it's nothing to panic over.

But Law on the other hand, should DOMINATE because this is a guard driven league.

I really hope the first game is televised live because it would suck if I have to wait a week to watch the game

Did I really just read this, or am I imagining things?

Did I really just read that someone said they would love to trade Marvin Williams for Yi Jianlian and in the same post put Yi at the small forward position?

Basically, that puts a guy who will never play small forward a single minute in his life at that position. It makes no sense. It also makes no sense to trade an improving player that has superstar potential for a guy who will always be a one dimensional player.

Quote:

Quote:

It only took two summer league games for the legions to jump off the bandwagons of Greg Oden and Kevin Durant and hop over to passing ships of Marco Belinelli and Yi Jianlian.

The two American teenagers haven’t blown the world away in Vegas with their early performances. The international stars have been as good or better than advertised, which makes it a lot easier to see why certain people were so high on these guys.

It would appear that someone who at least has a professional (exclusives and coverage) reason to side with the Hawk's management/ownership is willing to acknowledge the good play of Yi.

All the irrational belly-aching about Yi's play as a "defense" of the Horford draft selection would seem in contrast to Sekou.

W

LOL it looks like you and Sekou have been sipping the same kool-aid. Yi is averaging 5 turnovers per game and shooting 30% from the field against summer league defenses. And offense is supposed to be his strong point.

nol2.gif

Hawks Sign First-Rounders Horford, Law

ATLANTA — The Atlanta Hawks signed first-round draft picks Al Horford and Acie Law to multi-year contracts Monday, clearing the way for the two to play in the summer league this month in Salt Lake City.

The signings came only hours before the first workout at the team's camp for rookies and free agents.

Horford, the No. 3 pick in the first round, will earn $3.121 million as a rookie and $3.35 million in his second year. The first two years are guaranteed, and the Hawks have options for the third and fourth seasons.

Horford, a three-year starter at Florida, is expected to play forward and center for the Hawks.

Law, the No. 11 pick, is guaranteed salaries of $1.605 million as a rookie and $1.726 million is his second year.

Law is expected to compete for a starting job at point guard. Law averaged 18.1 points for Texas A&M as a senior.

The players will join other rookies and second-year players in the Rocky Mountain Revue, the annual summer league that begins on Friday and continues through July 20.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Well, one thing's for certain, Horford won't be going 5-25 any time soon.

You are correct. Horford won't be 5-25... No way he is aggressive enough offensively to shoot 25 times. More likely, he will be 0-6 or 1-8 and he will just stop shooting.

And the pundits on this board will say "Well, he knows when to stop shooting."...

And I will reply: #3 pick overall!

Oh... what am I talking about, that's the regular season I'm talking about.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Did I really just read this, or am I imagining things?

Did I really just read that someone said they would love to trade Marvin Williams for Yi Jianlian and in the same post put Yi at the small forward position?

Basically, that puts a guy who will never play small forward a single minute in his life at that position. It makes no sense. It also makes no sense to trade an improving player that has superstar potential for a guy who will always be a one dimensional player.

Just an absolute idiot with no basketball knowledge what so ever said it! feedtroll.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Well, one thing's for certain, Horford won't be going 5-25 any time soon.

You are correct. Horford won't be 5-25... No way he is aggressive enough offensively to shoot 25 times. More likely, he will be 0-6 or 1-8 and he will just stop shooting.

And the pundits on this board will say "Well, he knows when to stop shooting."...

And I will reply: #3 pick overall!

Oh... what am I talking about, that's the regular season I'm talking about.

You missed the point... he won't be shooting 5-25 because he's not a softy who hangs around the perimeter and jacks jump shot after jump shot all game long.