• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta @ Miami Game thread

gsuteke

Quote:

They're both gonna play 30+ per game, they both seem to be good options off the bench, the problem is that neither one is an OBVIOUS starter.

So...who gives a damn! Tonight they played well apart, and they played well together. Bot produced effectively and efficiently, and we get a W. Life is good.

Tru dat! See you alls tomorrow.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

]

I actually mentioned that Marvin may be better off the bench. Nothing to do with this game for Childress. Everything to do with Johnson and him. Marvin seems to get more aggressive when Joe's out of the game.

Ya know, you might have something there.

I definitely think Marvin is the SF of our future, but him playing with the 2nd unit might make him learn to carry the team a bit more and not defer.

In any event, it appears that our core of JJ-MW-JC-JS is gonna be a good one this year.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I actually mentioned that Marvin may be better off the bench. Nothing to do with this game for Childress. Everything to do with Johnson and him. Marvin seems to get more aggressive when Joe's out of the game.

Tonight you have it backwards! Childress was more aggressive playing the 2 guard position with Joe on the bench!

Quote:

Quote:

I mean, if you guys want to nit-pick over every little thing a player does, that can easily be done.

It's not nitpicking to expect Shelden to rebound or hit some free throws.

Stop being so sensitive. Players can have bad games, and with the exception of his scoring, Shelden's had a bad game.

How does a player have a bad game, if he goes 4 - 4 from the field?

LOL . . I guess because he's a rebounder, but only grabbed 2 boards, then it's a bad game. Please.

None of us can see the game, so we don't know if he was just out of position most of the time to get those rebounds, or if he just got out-hustled.

I'll take Shell's 9 points, seeing that Smoove didn't hit not one of his FGs. Shell picked up some of Smoove lack of scoring, while Smoove made up for Shell's lack of rebounding.

All in all . . efficiency at the PF/C position.

Quote:

Quote:

I mean, if you guys want to nit-pick over every little thing a player does, that can easily be done.

It's not nitpicking to expect Shelden to rebound or hit some free throws.

Stop being so sensitive. Players can have bad games, and with the exception of his scoring, Shelden's had a bad game.

Shelden didn't have a bad game. 9pt 2reb going 4/4 in 13 mins is not bad. In fact, he had a good night imo and should have gotten more playing time.

• Premium Member

Northcyde, the Heat were dominating the boards when Shelden was in the game. Did you even listen to the game?

The Hawks were outscored 15-8 when Shelden entered in the fourth. He was clearly outplayed by Horford.

It's not the end of the world. Don't be so sensitive.