• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

may be a repost, but Hollinger has us making

chillzatl

• Premium Member

Wow he has Washington Falling out of the playoffs. And the Heat and the Pistons staying in... I don't think I can agree with Hollinger.

However, aside from Hollinger's prognostication, one thing that is evident:

The East looks to be better than the West? The West looks like they will have 5 to 6 of the lottery teams this year?

I think part of the West having so many bade teams is due to the West being so top heavy. A bad team in the West is just going to loose more than a bad team in the East due to the overall quality of the teams.

Hawks being a 7 seed would be amazing for the organization and us FANS. Hope it happens.

I agree. The Wizard's projections ar #13 blew me away. Don't they still have Arenas, Butler, and Jameison, with 2 servicable defensive minded centers Thomas & Heywood.

They look like contenders in the East (like the last 2 years) tom me.

The East is tough to call. The Wade situation in Miami is the difference in 15 wins.

The Hawks are still tough to call until they show consistency when the games count.

Cleveland will be worse if Pavolich and Varejo are not brought back.

Will Kidd's back hold for another 82 games forthe Nets ?

The only shoe ins appear to be the Bulls & Celtics. You can almost call the Magic shoe ins, they just need some depth.

• Premium Member

It's funny to me.

Boston put together several High profile guys who could never get it done and now they are a lock??

They lack depth and I don't know how they chemistry will turn out?

If Boston was Smart, they would Move Pierce (right now) for some young talent and Depth. I love KG and I love Allen, but Pierce doesn't really fit 100% with what they need. My thought is that they need a defensive guy, a scorer, and a PG.

IF I were Boston's GM, I would dangle Pierce & Scalabrine to Dallas for Terry, Howard, and Diop.

Etan Thomas is out for the year, and maybe a career. He just had heart surgery.

The Wizards are head cases. On paper they look great. But, although I disagree with Hollinger that they are 13th, they could miss the playoffs. I would put them in right now but they are no lock.

Gilbert is a major head case at times and plays no defense at all. Arenas also loves to just jack from anywhere, which kills the offensive flow. Their entire team seems to be light overall on defense. They just seem to be an underachieving group. But I would still have them in the playoffs.

I think Allen and Pierce together is a waste. They can't really complement each other and no one will be playing D. I think Boston will do pretty well in the regular season (#3 in the East?) but I can't see them going that far in the post season. I would still predict Chicago winning in the East. Of course I thought they'd win last year...

• Premium Member

I would even see if Boston could dangle Pierce to Chicago (I know it breaks all the rules).. BUT if they could get Gordon, Thomas, and some filler.. it would be a great trade for them!!!

You're right about Boston though... No chance that Pierce and Allen really compliments each other. When Allen started off in Milwaukee... It was him, Big Dog, and VB... They were the big three. They had good chemistry because Allen was willing to let Big Dog do what he did and George Karl never expected any of them to play defense. Well... when Allen went to Seattle, he couldn't get along well enough with Lewis for the same reason... Allen needs to run the offense and have guys who can shoot but not need the ball. Pierce needs the ball. KG needs the ball.

I think they might be successful this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't just fall a part. Not to mention injuries.

D, you are right, Boston has to trade PP. He just doesn't fit wtih Allen and KG. Ainge never has taken to Paul in the first place, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to trade him.

The Chicago deal makes too much sense for both teams, the only problem is that its within the division...

In all, Boston has pieces, but Pierce really is the mis-matched piece.

Quote:

I think Allen and Pierce together is a waste.

I don't buy this. Pierce takes guys off the dribble and can overpower them inside while Allen is a spot up shooter. Allen fits with Pierce better than he did with Lewis.

Quote:

no one will be playing D.

Rondo and KG will. I don't think Perkins is bad on D.

Quote:

D, you are right, Boston has to trade PP. He just doesn't fit wtih Allen and KG. Ainge never has taken to Paul in the first place, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to trade him.

The Chicago deal makes too much sense for both teams, the only problem is that its within the division...

In all, Boston has pieces, but Pierce really is the mis-matched piece.

Did you watch the game against the Knicks (granted it was preseason and it was NYK and it was at Boston). The Celtics blew them off the court - like 101-61. PP was high scorer and both Allen and KG scored in double figures with better than 50% shooting. They spent the last quarter and a half sitting beside each other on the bench joking around while Big Baby got a bunch of minutes.

Anybody who thinks that Boston would trade PP this year doesn't know Boston very well. Rondo is a good PG to go along with the big three because he doesn't shoot much (nor should he) but he distributes, moves well without the ball and plays great D.

I'm not making any predictions on how the season will turn out for them - but they ain't trading any of their big three that's for sure. nol2.gif Besides, they will likely have to rest guys for minor dings throughout the regular season - so it will be the big two much of the time.

• Premium Member

I think Ray Allen can run some OG and so can Gordon. I think they make a neat Duo. A little better than what Allen Had with Ridnour. And they both can shoot.

KG would lead the league in assists by a nonPG if they had that lineup.

Getting Thomas represent Youth and Depth.

When you pawn off all your youth for vet talent, you got to win... or you need to find some new Youth. I think getting Thomas is getting New Youth. He hasn't come close to proving himself, therefore, he's a good gamble. It would be so scary if they could play KG at Sf!!

• Premium Member

I think the only thing that will make the difference for Boston this season is the fact that they got Posey so cheap.. and they got Rondo.

BUT..

Rondo has to grow up in a hurry. Their success is on Rondo's back.

Quote:

yeah I don't really like that trade either. I don't really like Ty Thomas. They could really use either a good PG or a well rounded SF that plays more D.

Pierce for Marion or Kirelinko may be just what the doctor ordered. Both would compliment KG and can swing between the SF and PF while KG swings between PF & C.

Peirce has a couple years on both of them but the Jazz really need a perimeter scoer who can create his own shot, other then Deron.

Marion is a better fit for the Suns then is Pierce but if Marion forces himself out you take what you can get and at least Peirce is a genuine all star level talent.

Pierce for Bibby ? I think Bibby is on the down slope but Pierce probably is too. Pierce is not the best fit in Sac-Town but is alot of talent to get for Bibby.

Pierce for Andre Miller and fillers ? Miller may be the perfect PG for Boston unitl Rondo can develop. His is not exactly young but is a natural floor general and set up artist.

I've watched a lot of PP's game and he really doesn't take guys off the dribble very well. He is more of a juke and shoot type of guy. He does move well without the ball, when motivated, and shoots well off screens. But to say that he's a slasher is overstating what he can do v. what he actually does.

With Allen in town, PP may become more of a slasher, but I think the C's would be better off with a different guy at the SF. Gordon is nice sine he can play point along with Ray, but if the C's can get a more pure PG, then they should. Thomas give the C's an athlete to put on the other teams jumping-jack. KG can't get up and down like he used to, so this is a need for the team. Gomes might fit that role for them this year though.

Another poster mentioned AK47. I don't know, Andre seems a little too fragile to play in Boston. I mean the guy broke down while playing in SL, how is he going to handle Boston? Talent wise, AK makes sense, but AK's psyche is a big red flag, IMO.